3rd Generation Ram - Non Drivetrain - All Years Talk about the 2003 and up Dodge Ram here. PLEASE, NO ENGINE OR DRIVETRAIN DISCUSSION!.

outside temp display

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2007, 08:18 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
outside temp display

Mine has been accurate until this past weekend when it was in the 20's and I took it through a car wash now it shows like 55 deg when its in the 30's. Any one else have this? I havent had a chance to check the connector or probe yet, just wondering.
Old 01-23-2007, 08:51 AM
Banned

Mine seems to "stick" every once in a while too. It could be after I run it through the car wash...not sure.

Does anyone know where the probe/sensor is located?
Old 01-23-2007, 09:56 AM

Originally Posted by jrussell
Mine seems to "stick" every once in a while too. It could be after I run it through the car wash...not sure.

Does anyone know where the probe/sensor is located?
It is dirvers side in front of the radiators. Little black box about an inch tall.

Hub
Old 01-23-2007, 11:48 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by hubmonkey
It is dirvers side in front of the radiators. Little black box about an inch tall.

Hub
Yup, it is held in place by the bottom bolt that holds your headlight in place.
Old 01-23-2007, 12:24 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
yep. . .mine has also stuck a couple of times in my 06. . .never noticed this with my past 2 trucks though.
Old 01-23-2007, 02:32 PM

I unplugged the sensor just inboard of the drivers headlight, turned on the ign. and it still read the same, I would have thought it wouldn't have read anything, mabe dashes or something. I wonder if that is in fact the correct sensor. I really need the svc manual. Of corse it is still under warranty, but I perfer to find whats wrong prior to taking it to the BS artists.
Old 01-23-2007, 05:15 PM

My 03 has stuck a few times but after I restart the truck it usually clears and works fine.
Old 01-23-2007, 05:26 PM

Mine has never stuck but it has read a -25 when it has been 90 out. It has done this a few times and has always gone back to normal.

Jim
Old 01-23-2007, 05:48 PM

Originally Posted by iaddiesel
I unplugged the sensor just inboard of the drivers headlight, turned on the ign. and it still read the same, I would have thought it wouldn't have read anything, mabe dashes or something. I wonder if that is in fact the correct sensor. I really need the svc manual. Of corse it is still under warranty, but I perfer to find whats wrong prior to taking it to the BS artists.
That is the Ambient Temp Sensor, I told him about earlier.

Did you do the test for it? Unplugging it is not a test. Did you check for proper voltage at the sensor to make sure it is getting the right voltage? Maybe the sensor is bad... MAybe not.

and I think it is kinda out of line to refer to them as "BS Artists"

Hub
Old 01-23-2007, 06:12 PM

Did you do the test for it? Unplugging it is not a test. Did you check for proper voltage at the sensor to make sure it is getting the right voltage? Maybe the sensor is bad... MAybe not.

Hub
I think you havent dealt with THEM very much if You think its out of line.......but too each his own......
Old 01-23-2007, 06:26 PM

Originally Posted by ROOSTER108BM
I think you havent dealt with THEM very much if You think its out of line.......but too each his own......
I have dealt with my local dealership and they treat me right. I won't apolagize for your/his bad experience with any dealership. My dealership is pretty cool. I even chatted for a while with the Service manager and the Diesel tech before I bought my truck.

To each his own I guess...

Hub
Old 01-23-2007, 06:41 PM

Hub
Some are and some aren't. I wouldn't take my truck to the dealership I bought it at to get a LOF done let alone legitimate troubleshooting !!
Old 01-23-2007, 07:25 PM

Hey, I am a newbie here. Anyway I just left/gave my Silverado to the Dodge Dealer and picked up my first CTD. Runs like a champ.

I too have the same sensor issue. In my case, it was reading -44F. I checked under the hood and located the sensor. It was unplugged. So I plugged it back in and it started reading 70F while outside temps where around 40F. For the past several days, the readings have been dropping but no where near the actual ambient temp. Not sure if its supposed to take a week to get acclimated or if the there is a fault. I guess I'll try taking some readings this weekend. Name:  cheers2.gif
Views: 363
Size:  2.7 KB
Old 01-23-2007, 07:33 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
mine read -40 other day for few minutes in the 06, then went back to normal.

wonder if this an 06 only problem?

my 04 never acted goofy
Old 01-23-2007, 07:57 PM

Originally Posted by vettehead
Hey, I am a newbie here. Anyway I just left/gave my Silverado to the Dodge Dealer and picked up my first CTD. Runs like a champ.

I too have the same sensor issue. In my case, it was reading -44F. I checked under the hood and located the sensor. It was unplugged. So I plugged it back in and it started reading 70F while outside temps where around 40F. For the past several days, the readings have been dropping but no where near the actual ambient temp. Not sure if its supposed to take a week to get acclimated or if the there is a fault. I guess I'll try taking some readings this weekend. Attachment 9920
There is a TSB about that too....

http://dodgeram.info/tsb/2006/08-026-06.htm

Hub

Quick Reply: outside temp display