3rd Generation Ram - Non Drivetrain - All Years Talk about the 2003 and up Dodge Ram here. PLEASE, NO ENGINE OR DRIVETRAIN DISCUSSION!.

One thing you dislike about Dodge

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2007, 09:54 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I can only hope somebody at Dodge reads this thread and takes notes. They have a great truck, but they have to work on the details.

Big problems are one thing, and they can be fixed, but little stuff that just drives you nuts everytime you look at it or have to deal with it is what makes people upset.

I know I am maybe being a little criticle, and by no means am trying to start a brand war, but I came from a 2002 GMC full load with black cloth interior (I love the Black interior) and the interior of the truck was very plush. Don't get me wrong, there was things I disliked about it as well, but I think dodge has got to get it together and start making a decent interior. AHHHHH, I feel better now........
Old 09-30-2007, 10:49 AM

Uhhhhhh .... let's see now ..... uhhhhhh ..... maybe the ...... uhhhhh .... Oh well, I guess I'll just stay 100% dumb and happy with mine
Old 09-30-2007, 11:06 AM
DTR 1st Sergeant

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Look-- I love my truck. But it doesn't mean that I can't be objective and call it like I see it. It is what it is. Given that, I got a Laramie with every option except navigation. And:

Seat comfort really sucks
Premium Infinity Radio is anything but
Really cheap interior (really want Ford Eddie Bauer interior)
Paint and Sheet metal is not very good
Tranny needs 6speeds (yeah it is now) and able to handle more power stock
X1000 on terrible wheelhop in snow
Front end is garbage and needs locking hubs-- at least the factory option to have it the way you want it.
Climate control system is from the '80's. I'm thinking 1880's
Ride quality can be a lot better from the factory

OK -- the positives
Solid front axle
Good looking styling
Great stock ride height
Easy to work on

and

The Best **** Engine on the Planet! (Isn't that a sports show on tv?)
Old 09-30-2007, 11:09 AM
DTR 1st Sergeant

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by rustybudweiser
okay not trying to start any fights here but if you guys want the interior and ride of a Cadi, then buy a Cadi. IT'S A TRUCK. Now i got to admit the sheetmetal could be a little thicker, but it's the same as all the other vehicles on the road, so it's going to flow with the crowd. The paint bites but so does all other vehicles. Seriously i saw a brand new 08 Super Duty this morning and the paint is already pealing on the drivers rear 1/4 panel. I wish i had a camera to take a pic. Which i also admit the AC stinks, but like i said its a truck. You drive a truck to pull trailers and haul things not cruise Rodeo drive and get Valet parking. I've had my cummins now for over 2 years without a single problem including being a vp44 truck and love everything about it. I never run the AC, so who cares, it's a truck it's not supposed to ride like a car. Which i understand buying it for the cummins, but if you don't like anything else about it, why did you buy it? I just wish you guys would be happy with what you got because i would kill to have half of your guys trucks, so don't complain.
I had the Cadi EXT... it didn't have a Cummins. If it did, I'd buy the Cadi. But I got the Cummins... I guess I can't have everything!
Old 10-02-2007, 01:43 PM

New here, got a ?

I have just bought an 05 3500 dually quad cab 4x4 with 48k on it. I sold my 97 with 150k on it, what a great truck I had! I like this newer one, but now reading all of this, I'm a little worried. Yes, my blend door must be broken and the a/c sucks. It has a few dents, and mpg is around 17 so far. My question is, after reading this thread, do I have an injector problem? My truck has a little hiccup at idle every now and then. I have been wondering what it was. The truck has a ton more power than the 97, so I wouldn't notice a few hp less if there was a problem.
Oh, to my knowledge the truck is completely stock.
Thanks,
Dave
Old 10-06-2007, 06:09 PM

The whole front suspension needs to be rethought hubs ,balljoints,ujoints going bad after less than 80k is ridiculous,especially when most guys with the 4x4 use it 10 times or less a year.
Joe
Old 10-26-2007, 11:33 PM

There is a certain amount of cheapness to the interior, but nothing like my 2000 cheb that I got rid of. However, the cheb did at least have a pretty solid suspension, u-joints & ball joints.
I think that ferd is making the best bodies by far (although their paint quality seems to be suffering a bit too from things I've read). It always cracks me up when the car mags as doing a comparison of the 3 trucks & going on about how much heavier the ferd is over the cheb..... let's compare those trucks 3 or 4 years down the road with 100k on the clock... maybe the extra metal in the frame & body was a good idea after all.

I bought my Dodge mainly for the Cummins. Everyone I know with one gets better milage than the ferd and our trucks have 7 main bearings instead of only 5.
Old 10-27-2007, 12:40 AM

servicewarrantya/crideslikeabrickseatsaresobadimgonnapullemoutandsi tonamilkcratethetopofthedriversdoorpullsawayfromca bathighspeedmystrippeddown86f150thatdidntevenhavea radiohadanicerinterioreventhevinolbenchseatmyblack truckisalmostwhitefromallthechipsandnowallthething sthathavegonewrongwithmytruckinthefirst11monthsjak evacuumpumpx2p/spumpa/ccompressorrecircdoordmfclutchinjectorliftpumpdash clusterandtherearendlookslikeitcameoffofa30yearold plowtruckalittlerustyconsideringitsatexastruck

it was all 1 word,don't know why it seperated
Old 10-27-2007, 08:21 AM

Seats stain, AC not cold enough, front driveshaft lube point. Otherwise no big complaints...
Old 10-27-2007, 03:40 PM

Their customer service!
Old 10-27-2007, 05:19 PM

Originally Posted by checkster
Only part I dont like is the part that surrounds the motor!

Yes---when Toyota comes out with a HD oil burner this place will have a lot fewer people in it........
Old 10-27-2007, 05:41 PM

i seem to beat the inside of my bed more than my old chevy, seat ,paint,wind noise,they need to undercoat,
Old 10-27-2007, 08:43 PM

The fact that the 1500 and the 2500/3500 has do differance in body style. Both chevy and ford has completely differant looking trucks for their HD's. This ticks me off alot ...and if it wasnt for the cummins i would never have gotten a dodge.
Old 10-28-2007, 02:18 AM

I know this thread is about what we dont like about our dodge trucks , but I will list opinion as well as complaints on the 3 other manufactures trucks as well! Here goes
1) 97 toyota T-100 SR5 s/c 4x4 autov6 195hp
thin body panals and sheet metal
paint scratched and chipped easily
motor was underpowered for light towing 6,000lbs

2)2003 Chevy silverado crew cab LB 4x2 allison auto duramax diesel
suspension too soft
injectors gave me lots of problems
allison not as great as everybody claims, but still the best oem trans stock.
fuel economy sucked bad 6 mpg towing 12000lb toy hauler
12.5 ave empty
drive shaft snapped and fell off at 8600 miles when I was backing up at 3mph barely touched the gas peddle.
warranty - dealer aggrivation - injectors bad did not want to replace or repair underwarranty claimed the driveshaft breaking was a fluke.
batteries went dead at 19,000 miles.
the worst turning radius of all the big 3.
truck also ratlled in dash and interior made noise, the bed rattled exterior.
stock trailer tow mirrors vibrate and broke 1200.00 each to replace.
this was not modded and was an everday bummer I mean driver LOL.

3) 2005 ford f250HD XLT 4X4 crew cab S/B auto 6.0 powerstroke
stock stereo sucked
at 35,000 truck was a rattle trap
front end had clunks and alighnment problems
truck did not steer well in 4x4 high almost useless unless you only drive straight at 35mph or better did not like to turn in 4x4 high.
the motor and trans stock as a combo were better then the chevy or dodge.
the trans was excellent not quite as good as the allision but way better then the 48RE stock. the motor stock pulled stronger then the chevy or the cummins stock !! turning radius better then chevy but still sucked.
This truck was everyday driver and was not modded.
mpg 14-17 mpg better then dodge or chevy same driver same conditions.

4) 2006 dodge sport pkg quad cab 4x4 L/B 5.9 cummins 48RE auto 3:73:1

1) stock motor IMO a slow dog it may tow but its a snail stock. easily corrected LOL.
2) stock auto trans sloppy crappy shifts built for light duty only a 3speed with od the worst performing , shifting , feelng trans out of the big 3 stock. easy fix call hts.
3) stock shocks suck , the worst ride in the front end of the three.

4) driving lights suck bad low & high beam and fogs not sure whats better the lights on our our 1925 dodge or my 2006 dodge truck.

Last edited by desertchecker; 10-28-2007 at 02:20 AM. Reason: add text
Old 10-28-2007, 09:03 AM

Would like higher GVWR than 11500.

Quick Reply: One thing you dislike about Dodge