3rd Generation Ram - Non Drivetrain - All Years Talk about the 2003 and up Dodge Ram here. PLEASE, NO ENGINE OR DRIVETRAIN DISCUSSION!.

One thing you dislike about Dodge

Old 09-19-2007, 11:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
One thing you dislike about Dodge

Just one reason that stands out,take a min or two the reason should be high enough to make you not want to get another Dodge.

Againe Cummins is not a factor being not made by Dodge.

I can say mine would be the Ball and U-joints.

Pav
Old 09-20-2007, 12:00 AM

Seems like they don't put that little bit of extra thought into some things...
Old 09-20-2007, 12:03 AM

Red,
Expand on that one please.

Pav
Old 09-20-2007, 12:24 AM

little things about the truck
Front driveshaft lube point, U-joints seeming to go early for alot of guys, easily stained cloth seats, etc
Old 09-20-2007, 12:54 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
A/C problems, doesn't blow very well.....Blend door issues. That's my biggest complaint currently.
Old 09-20-2007, 01:03 AM

poor quality bodies and interior.
Old 09-20-2007, 04:44 AM

Quad cab not big enuff. mega cab too big. A/C not that great car seats weren't thought about that much during the design, seats are worth a Edited by Admin. Big blind spots where the pillars are not that way on fodror chevy. Front is laid back too much. Hat sometimes hits the roof. i will not buy another one, I don't think. Seat mods and other are good, but when your truck stickers for well over $40k you should not have to do anything too it.

Last edited by t-boe; 09-20-2007 at 02:35 PM. Reason: Do not use symbols for profanity
Old 09-20-2007, 04:48 AM

my interior already rattles. the factory radio is a joke. paint gets rocks chips way too easy. interior stains very easily and I make ppl wash their hands for they ride with me.
Old 09-20-2007, 05:51 AM

Customer Assistance.

When I get a dealer explanation that doesn't deal with my question, or I need more information the CA line is once removed from getting to a Dodge technical type to answer the question quickly and knowledgeably.

"You'll have to contact your dealer for that information..." is unhelpfull to say the least for a $45K product.
Old 09-20-2007, 06:05 AM

I have three pet peeves. Tinny sheet metal, poor paint (I can scratch down to the primer with my finger nail) and the HUGE blind spot caused by the windshield pillar. Other than that, I have no beefs.
Old 09-20-2007, 06:09 AM

Dodge builds their products with a keep cost low first and quality second mentality, which I'm sure all companies do but with Dodge it is REALLY obvious.

There are so many problem areas with Dodge trucks that have been around for years that are well documented. Dodge could address these minor problems and it would make the truck MUCH better overall. Instead they continue to produce a product with the same weak, problem areas that existed 10 years ago. Things such as ball joints, U-joints, lift pumps. How hard could it be to upgrade these parts so that they don't fail within the first 2 or 3 years of ownership of a "heavy duty" truck? The fact that they seem to not even care really makes me wonder if they are serious about building a quality product OR do they just want to give as little as possible and make more money.

While the Cummins engine is outstanding, the rest of the truck has really fallen behind the competition in the quality area and attention to detail. My buddy just bought an 07 and it's level of quality in terms of tolerances and materials is much, much worse than my 04.5. IMO, Dodge is not going in the right direction.

IMO, if Dodge doesn't step it up big time with the next generation Ram then they are going to look silly. IMO, GM already produces a better product in terms of quality and so does Ford with the exception of the engine. Dodge can do it, but they have to choose to.
Old 09-20-2007, 06:11 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
poor paint quality
Old 09-20-2007, 06:22 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
The seats suck for both comfort and stains. The sheet metal is waaaaay to thin. I was standing on the thire washig my windshield the other day and put a dent in the front fender just from leaning on it. I didn't put all my weight on it. Already have way to many rock chips. My 01 did have nearly this many with the same tires.
Old 09-20-2007, 06:50 AM

The trims. Ford has that King Ranch and Outlaw trims, why can't we have something cool like that? And what happened to the extended cab? Now it is single cab, quad cab, and a bus. Plus the "premium seats" are crap, thruck just looks cheap on the inside. We have a brand new Caravan and the inside just looks cheap, plus we had to have the a/c recharged after having for two weeks cause some idiot didn't do it when we bought it.
Old 09-20-2007, 06:57 AM
tcr

A/C issues, Quad cab size, 48RE should have been at least a 5 spd. I still love her though.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: One thing you dislike about Dodge