3rd Generation Ram - Non Drivetrain - All Years Talk about the 2003 and up Dodge Ram here. PLEASE, NO ENGINE OR DRIVETRAIN DISCUSSION!.

One thing you dislike about Dodge

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2007, 02:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lift pumps and weak AT
Old 12-25-2007, 10:18 PM

Great thread here..been lurking on it for a while and finally decided to post. On 12/30 will be exactly one year of ownership of my first Dodge..Here's my take:

Substandard seats, both in fit, function, and construction. What poorer material could you use to construct a seat out of. What's up with the rust??? I've never had a seat with rusty seat frames??? I'm astonished...Yugo's had better seats than this thing.

Cheap, substandard paint.

Cheap, substandard sheet metal

Poorly designed electrical system..How come my trailer works fine on every truck but mine....and the dealer says it my trailer wiring???

Horrendous, almost stupid, service.

Quirky weak automatic transmission.

Poor overall construction...I can feel air coming through my windshield??/

Poor AC....just waiting for my blend door to break, it's starting to act up.

I could keep going but I think you get the point. One year, and it starts in the Auto Trader next week...We'll see how it goes.
Old 12-26-2007, 03:19 PM

I must be the only one in here that loves most of the truck. My biggest peeves are non-locking front hubs and the main one.......the SIZE of the freakin' KEY! That is totally ridiculous! LOL! I went and had regular non-keyless entry keys cut the same day I bought the truck, because I hate carrying those huge keys around, and I never use the power locks anyway. Most of my other ones involve all the electronic bells and whistles and horn chirps etc, but a good deal of that can be disabled easily enough. No cupholder light (it's dark down there at night) or underhood light. No manual lock cylinder on the passenger door (that's a biggie too, why would I want to have to unlock all 4 doors just to get that one open?)

Apart from that, all the manufacturers suffer from the same problem. Why can you not get a truck without power windows and power door locks without special ordering? Do they really think that everyone wants that crap?
Old 12-26-2007, 04:13 PM

Most every one wants the power window and locks.I see some trucks without and they have aftermarket power window motors and buttons.To far to lean and try to get windows up and down.
Old 12-26-2007, 11:01 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by stickler
I must be the only one in here that loves most of the truck.

No manual lock cylinder on the passenger door (that's a biggie too, why would I want to have to unlock all 4 doors just to get that one open
You're not alone stickler ... luv my truck overall ... even more now that they finally tried were able to get my tranny workin' better.

I'm glad they don't have a keyed cylinder on the passenger side ... they likely deleted this cuz everyone was complaining they were always siezed up from little use and no lube ... how many really use a key in the passenger door these days? keys in any door? I never unlock the doors with keys cuz they get all scratched up that way ... rather just push a button on my way to the truck that disables the alarm and unlocks my door ... ready to climb in ... especially when your hands are full, why fiddle with a key? No matter which side or which door you need to unlock you just push a button ... then push it again to lock 'em all back up and re-enable the alarm ... what a pia eh
Oh and the size of the key is perfect for how I carry 'em.
Guess they can't please everyone eh
Old 12-27-2007, 02:22 PM

The paint, 4 years old and 88,000 miles, I hit the door with the fifth wheel hitch when I lost my balance and it scratched it down the primer.
The transmisson and engine, I was pulling a fram tractor with implements on a 24ft gooseneck, in the mountains and the extra fan cooler kicked in, looks like they could make a transmissoin and engine that could take some abuse.

My a/c and heat seems to be getting confused, it does not want to change from defrost to vent to floor sometimes, just started that.
Old 12-27-2007, 09:23 PM
Banned

U joints first 20k, pillar sight was an issue at first till got used to it, had electronic 4x4 and light switch issue at first on my second 05, the first 05 with HEMI always stalled at stop signs, the AC switch will be on high but wont be blowing so fan speed switch, the new 06 up head lights are the size of my house. other than that i love the thing
Old 12-28-2007, 11:41 PM

turning radius of a battleship?
Old 12-29-2007, 07:18 AM

The bed is a little high for loading motorbikes. I had a re-flash
done, swapped the noisy fan belt, and had the front window moldings replaced under warranty. 35k miles.

I like the Dodge.
Old 12-30-2007, 08:53 AM

I don't like the park/reverse horn honking, cheap interior and blind spots from the front pillar posts. I had mine in Autotrader once but my wife convinced me to keep it for another year. My next truck will be gas. I am tired of getting raped on diesel prices.
Old 12-30-2007, 07:29 PM

so far i love my truck. as for the sheet metal being thinner than the competition i don't buy it. i hand waxed my truck the first week i owned it. the sheet metal had the same feel as my past GMC's. the paint the same also. if i had test drove a Dodge sooner i would have left GMC a long time ago!
Old 12-30-2007, 09:09 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by MegaCabinPA
if i had test drove a Dodge sooner i would have left GMC a long time ago!
hit the nail right on the head there. I was so loyal to Chevy that I hadn't ever even test drove a Dodge ... disappointed with how ugly the new Chevys were and are and the car-like ride and height, etc I drove by a Dodge dealer and they had a big red sport model on the lot ... took it for a test drive and that was it ... bye bye Chev ... hello Ram.
Old 12-31-2007, 10:52 AM

So far I love the 07.5....no issues yet. Hoping the interior doesn't fall apart like my 96 is doing....

I think the interior is comfortable, A/C works fine (maybe a little weak). Rides almost as good as my wife's Durango.

Complaints: wind noise through the door seals if I'm driving crosswind, wish it had auto headlights, climate control and seat/pedal memory like the Durango has. Don't mind the NP271 transfer case yet (as long as it keeps working), the NP 241 in my 96 is a pain to get shifted into 4WD.

After having two Toyotas before I got my first Dodge, (blew the 22R in the first Toy, lifted the heads on the 3VZE in the second), I'll admit to being a hardcore Dodge guy.

Like someone said before, grass is always greener. Go to the other sites and I'm sure the Ford and Chevy guys all have a similar list of complaints, and a good portion of the converts will always say how much they like their new brand more. Most folks are pretty brand loyal, it usually takes a pretty bad experience to make someone switch brands.
Old 12-31-2007, 12:18 PM

Interior is lacking thats for sure. I really dislike their radio and it fit (the ears). Can't say I have ever liked stock radios though. Have a rubbing sound coming from the 4x4 shifter. I have also found some rough edges that will cut you in a heart beat. These are in the rear area in cargo mode.

Although I have not experienced the transmission issues (knock on wood) it would seem that a little extra effort in the area would have gone a long ways.

#1 thing I dislike:
Service, as with anything mechanical things break. Service center talks a mean talk when your buying, but the second you needed them its all excuses for their short comings.

PLUS:
The new seats don't stain as easy. What they call as their "Yes" technology.

I still would not give up my dodge.
Old 01-01-2008, 08:06 AM

When I order a truck with Leather seats, I want Leather.... not two little strips of it.... The back seat on the MegaCab is all vinyl, and the front seats are 50/50 leather vinyl. So, is it really leather? No.

I would like a reverse sensor. That would be a plus.
Climate control, instead of those cheesy sliders.
Decent tiedowns in the bed instead of those stupid boat cleats.
A tailgate that doesnt dent when used.
Better Paint. Orange peel on my 06 is everywhere. I had an 08 for a few days, same colour, (white) and the paint was like night and day.

Yeah I listed a few gripes, but, after 10 years with a 96, this is like night and day. It has been trouble free, and I love every minute in it.

Quick Reply: One thing you dislike about Dodge