3rd Generation Ram - Non Drivetrain - All Years Talk about the 2003 and up Dodge Ram here. PLEASE, NO ENGINE OR DRIVETRAIN DISCUSSION!.

Not Happy with 2006 CTD

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2006, 07:42 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Arrow

Originally Posted by fredw
wait when toyota comes out with a diesel, their quality control is next to none
Toyota has had diesel engines for years all over the world. They had them in Camries and some small pickups back in the 80s.

To bad folks here in the US are SLOW to accept diesels like they do in the rest of the world.
Old 09-12-2006, 08:33 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Geico266
Take it back to the dealer and tell them to fix it. This is strike two. Three strikes and it's a lemon. Every truck manufacturer has them now & then. DC is no different. Tell them they have 1 more chance to get it fixed or you want your money back in full, including tax & license.
EVERYONES A LAWYER HERE. WITH FREE BAD ADVICE.
I DEAL WITH LEMON LAW EVERY DAY. PLEASE KNOW WHAT YOUR TALIKING ABOUT BEFORE YOU CAN VERIFIABLY GIVE LEGAL ADVICE.
PLEASE NOTE THAT ONY .003% OF ALL "LEMON LAW" CASES ACTUALLY GET BOUGHT BACK BECAUSE THERE IS SO MUCH MISINFORMATION OUT THERE AND BAD LEGAL ADVICE.
Old 09-12-2006, 08:43 AM

my father in-law traded his 04 (maybe 03) 2x4 lff this last spring for an 06 2x4 and has regreted it ever since!! he complains about the clutch fan being too noisy sounds like a jet taking off!! but the biggest problem is he says he is getting 4mpg less than his old one. the dodge dealer says it is a small sacrafice for the extra power this thing is about 1/4 as good going down the road with his 5th wheel on as his old one
Old 09-12-2006, 08:32 PM

Originally Posted by 2500WHITERAM
EVERYONES A LAWYER HERE. WITH FREE BAD ADVICE.
I DEAL WITH LEMON LAW EVERY DAY. PLEASE KNOW WHAT YOUR TALIKING ABOUT BEFORE YOU CAN VERIFIABLY GIVE LEGAL ADVICE.
PLEASE NOTE THAT ONY .003% OF ALL "LEMON LAW" CASES ACTUALLY GET BOUGHT BACK BECAUSE THERE IS SO MUCH MISINFORMATION OUT THERE AND BAD LEGAL ADVICE.
Well post up all your knowledge cause mine is on the verge of being a lemon
Old 09-13-2006, 10:56 AM
Banned

carpenterje - I read all your posts on this. Sorry I don't have anything constructive to say except that I think you've handled this situation as well as can be expected. Better than I would have.

The only other thing I would like to add (don't know if someone else mentioned this or not ... I only read your posts) is that I think your original research into which truck would work best for you was correct and valid. You happen to have bought a truck with tranny problems, and maybe some other issues. I wouldn't trash your research ... if your truck continues to have tranny problems, I would push for a replacement truck. A problem free truck (which most of them are) will validate your research.

Good luck, I hope the tranny is still working well, and the shifter moves into P like it should. Let us know!

- JyRO
Old 09-13-2006, 06:50 PM

Since Febuary, I'm still have been having problems with the truck, and DC has done nothing have an attorney involved right now as we speak. My truck drove great across country to my new duty station, soon as I get here, problems again. Check engine light comes on again goes to the shop, it happened to be my common rail fuel pressure sensor, they fix it. Driving down to Virginia (raining), 2 weeks ago, the back seat it stained in 3 different places, huge stains, because the whole rear back window leaks. DC tells me just take it back and get it fixed, it's under warranty. I'm just waiting for what will happen next. It really gets me, I have 5 friends that own ford powerstrokes from a 2003 to 2005 and they have had not one problem with their trucks, when I keep hearing all these horror stories about Ford. Compared to what I've been through. My friends even admitted that they considered getting a dodge cummins, but due to my problems and the way DC has treated me they now say they would drive a duramax before they would buy a dodge. I even ran into a guy at the local gas station with a duramax. I asked him what he thought of his duramax told me he loved it. Then told me he had another duramax he had bought, with 5,000 miles he had an engine problem 1 time and GM gave him a new truck for his one issue. I told him my story, he looked at me in disbelief.
Old 09-13-2006, 06:54 PM
P.J
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by carpenterje
I have 5 friends that own ford powerstrokes from a 2003 to 2005 and they have had not one problem with their trucks,
They are in the minority.
I only know two guys with 6.0's, each of them have had what would amount to $9-10K in work done under warranty.
Old 09-13-2006, 09:40 PM

Sorry to read/hear about the problems that you are facing in your truck. I had the same issue with my first 06 and that thing is back on the lot waiting to be sold again. My new 06 with the G56 has been flawless so far!! The other truck just didnt feel like it was even put together as well as this one. There are no squeaks or rattles from the new 06 like there was in the older one. I'm getting the same mileage that I was getting with the auto and I enjoy driving this one much better!! Good Luck with DC!

Since Febuary, I'm still have been having problems with the truck, and DC has done nothing have an attorney involved right now as we speak. My truck drove great across country to my new duty station, soon as I get here, problems again. Check engine light comes on again goes to the shop, it happened to be my common rail fuel pressure sensor, they fix it. Driving down to Virginia (raining), 2 weeks ago, the back seat it stained in 3 different places, huge stains, because the whole rear back window leaks. DC tells me just take it back and get it fixed, it's under warranty. I'm just waiting for what will happen next. It really gets me, I have 5 friends that own ford powerstrokes from a 2003 to 2005 and they have had not one problem with their trucks, when I keep hearing all these horror stories about Ford. Compared to what I've been through. My friends even admitted that they considered getting a dodge cummins, but due to my problems and the way DC has treated me they now say they would drive a duramax before they would buy a dodge. I even ran into a guy at the local gas station with a duramax. I asked him what he thought of his duramax told me he loved it. Then told me he had another duramax he had bought, with 5,000 miles he had an engine problem 1 time and GM gave him a new truck for his one issue. I told him my story, he looked at me in disbelief.
Old 09-14-2006, 09:56 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
If it's got **** or tires, sooner or later it's gonna cause problems.
Old 09-21-2006, 11:50 PM

Originally Posted by howe719
still after all this the cummins is still going.. yeah everything that is goin wrong is with the **** truck is dodges fault not cummins cummins is a GREAT motor yeah once everything is worked out you will be in great sharp that cummins wont let ya down on your trip.. by the way have fun. good luck
AFTER ALL THAT!? ***!? The truck has a total of 3300 miles on it, is this some sort of milestone? After everything is worked out? shouldn't have to be straighted out at all...i love this, after all that, after all of what!? the truck hasn't even had its first oil change yet!
Old 09-21-2006, 11:52 PM

Originally Posted by P.J
They are in the minority.
I only know two guys with 6.0's, each of them have had what would amount to $9-10K in work done under warranty.
Minority? thats a minority i dont mind being a part of. i wonder if dudes truck came with the heated tailgate for when your pushing it in the winter? Just a thought...DODGE Drops Oil, Drops Gears, Everytime!
Old 09-21-2006, 11:55 PM

CARPENTERJE...do yourself the biggest favor you could ever do, go and get your hard earned money back for that whack *** dealership...proceed down the road to a ford dealership, buy an 07 F350 and go on with your life happily. Guy looking after my country like you dont deserve this bull.
Old 01-30-2007, 02:18 AM

Not Again!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Darn Truck had the back window replaced because it was leaking. Had no problems until now. Driving to work, every time the frame was flexing I kept hearing this cracking noise. Well, I get to work and see spots on the window. I figure they are on the outside. Nope, window is leaking again!!! That's strike 2 for the same exact problem. Now, I got to go deal with taking it back to the dealer to get worked on. It's time to start looking for another truck. This one I got has got to go.
Old 01-30-2007, 05:23 AM
P.J
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by deezeldude
Minority? thats a minority i dont mind being a part of. i wonder if dudes truck came with the heated tailgate for when your pushing it in the winter? Just a thought...DODGE Drops Oil, Drops Gears, Everytime!
I don't follow?

My point was that 100% of the people I personally know with Powerstrokes have had major issues.
Old 01-30-2007, 08:17 AM

Darn Truck had the back window replaced because it was leaking. Had no problems until now. Driving to work, every time the frame was flexing I kept hearing this cracking noise. Well, I get to work and see spots on the window. I figure they are on the outside. Nope, window is leaking again!!! That's strike 2 for the same exact problem. Now, I got to go deal with taking it back to the dealer to get worked on. It's time to start looking for another truck. This one I got has got to go.
I'd be feeling about the same as you if I'd had your problems ! It's a fact though: Sometimes you get a 'Monday or Friday' no matter the brand. I've had ZERO problems with mine but I could have been you! Good luck to you and I hope you can get some satisfaction on this deal.

Quick Reply: Not Happy with 2006 CTD