3rd Generation Ram - Non Drivetrain - All Years Talk about the 2003 and up Dodge Ram here. PLEASE, NO ENGINE OR DRIVETRAIN DISCUSSION!.

Not Happy with 2006 CTD

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2006, 08:49 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I hear you, I can't stand dealers and there crappy mechanics. My last dodge was in for over a week and a half with no diagnosis. They had 24 hours and nothing, no answers. They thiught it was a wiring harness but weren't sure enough to replace it. So instead of working on it more they put it off to the side and called it a day. The whole time I had the businesslink salesman calling me every morning harassing me to buy a new one He would say "I see your truck is not fixed yet don't you think it is time to step up to a new one". Mind you the one being fixed is an 03 and was supposed to be my truck for at least 7 years or so. Of course wiring is not under warranty at 50k. So to make my long story longer I went to a different dealer and started to interview mechanics and found a wonderful one. So I traded it there and started fresh with an 05 aand an extended warranty. This guy spent 3 hours going over every nut and bolt, telling me what mods he is fine with and what not to do as far as warranty. I couldn't be happier. I'm in good hands now. Hopefully they will pay him what he is worth and keep him a while. Sorry for the rant but I feel your pain
Old 03-11-2006, 12:09 AM

Took the truck into the dealer. I pull up to the service dept. My original service advisor disappears, so I deal with another advisor, told him what the problem is, truck won't go into Park, and I just got it back yesterday for the tranny. Now this is the 3rd time in 2 weeks it's been back to the shop. Read earlier in the thread of my situation. Anyways the advisor comes out barking orders at the tech saying " This is a brand new truck and it's back here again, get this thing back there and fix it now. Whatever your working on now, stop and look at his truck." Must of thought my Chief Warrant Officer, was my attorney, cause that's the fastest service I got. Within minutes, they tell me they have to keep the vehicle. Oh, by the way, I really will be getting an Attorney for Lemon Law. I don't want a replacement, I want my money back. Always what I have to say is Dodge better do something miraculously, to impress me, or convince me this truck is finally fixed. I am in the Military and every duty station I go to I will be sure to tell my troops to never ever buy Dodge and explain my story, which I've already started to tell to the troops here on the west coast. And in 3 monthes I will be east coast bound and they also will get the story. Word travels pretty fast in the Military.
Old 03-11-2006, 12:14 AM

just because on truck is bad dosent meen they all are my 06 is fine.
Old 03-11-2006, 12:16 AM

Give it time. First impressions are lasting impressions.
Old 03-11-2006, 12:25 AM

ive allready got 22k on it and only problem was 1 injector expected maybe because my mods. have had dodges around me all my life a never to many problems. had 2 fords 02 and 04 blew motors in both. 02 went through 2 turbos , 2 transmsions, 2 rear ends, 2 crank shaft sencers and about 100 high preasure o rings in oil line. 04went through turbo, hundreds of diferent computer problems. Dad had duramax went through transmision and 12 injectors. dodge looks the best to me
Old 03-11-2006, 01:03 AM

I know you are frustrated; as I would be too, but it seems to me you are going a little overboard. My tranny has 100k+ miles of trailer pulling, daily driving, and modded miles on it. It is the older, weaker version of the tranny you have, and has held up great for me. Im sure the shift linkage is out of adjustment as far as the going into park problem, and Id say the clunk/rattle is just something a little loose that can easily be fixed. I have quite a few buddies/friends/uncles with new dodges. No problems out of any of them. Just let them get your tranny straightened out with the few little problems it has now, and then go from there. If it keeps giving you problems, then demand a refund, and buy something else since the other 2 brands seem to have no problems at all. Good luck.

Eric
Old 03-11-2006, 12:36 PM

They checked the linkage on the gear selector and it was good. They told me it was the tranny again. I went down there to the dealer this morning, Ihad to get some things out of the truck, and talked to the advisor. I told him that I think you should just put a whole new tranny in there, get me back on the road, and I'll go from there. He agreed, but said it is up to the mechanics and he would put his 2 cents in about it. Dodge has this 70% rule if 70% or more is damaged they replace it. If less than 70% they fix it. Well, my trucks been there 3 times, I think adding those makes more than 70%. We will see what happens. And I have calmed down, unless they start stepping on my toes again.
Old 03-11-2006, 01:45 PM

**** brother sorry to hear about the crap you're having to deal with, but like others have mentioned sometimes you just get unlucky. I had a good friend who has an 2004 Yamaha R1, and the motor blow up with like 2,000 miles on it. His bike was one of 15 or so in the ENTIRE United States out of about 20,000 R1's sold that year that had it happen. Keep your head up brother, I'm sure once they replace the tranny you'll be smiling...

Mark
Old 03-11-2006, 01:51 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I don't know why the dealers pull this crap or the manufacturers, an individual purchases a brand new un-used vehicle with new parts with a warranty. There is a failure of one of the components and they on warranty claim they will repair it but when warranty is over they kindly suggest that you need to replace these items. That truck with the milage quoted should be repaired with new parts to replace the "defective" materials supplied (tranny) and anything less is inadequate. If the dealer is not able to supply the right answers it should then go to the next level, remember despite the warranty and inconvenience you own it and can remove it from their shop. Next step should be probably involving a lawyer which also costs money but has more swing along with media which they as a dealer or manufacturer don't want to happen. My truck never came with 70% new parts in the transmission and neither did yours, shop insurance says they can't cover you to watch over them but you invested in the truck they are playing with. So how do we know what goes on back there with our investments and what is and what is not the truth. YOU don't hate your 2006 CTD what you really meant to say is the manufacturer has mis-represented the warranty and it's implied coverage, the truck would be fine with the proper care needed to repair it properly. Sorry to hear of yet another dis-satified customer of a good product but their overbearing and misinformed "marketing" group need to hear from you with some push call a consumor group or news media. If it was mine it would only return to me with a new trans and a pretest drive before signing off the bill/service order. PK
Old 03-12-2006, 12:00 AM

I agree with you. It's like people don't take any pride in the product they put out, anymore. It seems like everybody is just out for themselves and we got our money screw that guy, type of attitudes. Just look at society today. Where is John Wayne when you need him? I know I got one of many that just happenned to be bad. I really like that Cummins, just the dern dealership and the certain individuals who work at these dealerships. They want to be short with you and want you out of their hair. Well, do the proper maintenance and we won't have this problem. Those tech's and advisors should be held accountable for their actions in their work and decisions. If I decided, Well I'm not going to tighten that bolt on the tail rotor of the helicopter and it goes flying and crashes, and kills my Marines. I'm respondsible and held accountable. And I'll have to pay the consequences. I just hope everything works out for the best.
Old 03-12-2006, 12:12 AM

Keep us updated. Hopefully they will get you straightened out.

Eric
Old 03-13-2006, 11:33 AM
Muted User

3 times in for the same thing should be lemoned out, I had a Mustang in 3 times for an engine light and they had no clue as to why it kept coming on, and they had to lemon it.It didn't have to go to an attorney or anything.I rebuilt many transmissions at a GM dealer, and if they can't get it right by the second time, the tech. doesn't know what he's doing I'm afraid.And by the way they told you it went bad again just because it doesn't go into park, is a load of c***p, that's just an adjustment, or linkage problem etc..Any idiot could find that problem.I haven't seen the inside of the new Dodge trans., but I bet I could get it right the first time rebuilding it. To make you feel better about Dodge, I work with many transmission shops in my area, and they live off 80% Ford transmissons, so much they joke about it.When I go into pickup parts from them, I rarely see a Dodge or GM on the racks, and I mean rare.
Old 03-13-2006, 12:58 PM

I've been on the phone with DC all morning trying to resolve this issue. DC tells me they will recommend to the dealer they just put a new tranny in the truck, but she said it is up to the dealer what they are going to do. So my question is, Who really is in charge????
Old 03-13-2006, 01:57 PM

The best solution is to buy two magnetic signs for each side of the truck that say, " Dealer can't fix this truck". Tell the dealer, that the signs come off when the truck is fixed.
Old 03-13-2006, 02:52 PM

I have been following this post and before you read what I write next look at my sig to see what I own for a truck.

This is exactly what allowed the foreign cars and trucks to gain such a strong foothold here.

Detroit will only focus on quality control if they have to.

I think it is sad that a truck like that was even allowed to make it off the assembly line and I don't care where the actual manufacture was, Mexico or Canada, its still a quality control issue. Its at the top and its on the line.

And it is not impossible to oversee every step of the process.

We make a lot of excuses for our trucks and thats too bad. They could be built better.

I would NEVER buy a new truck from Detroit, and this story is why. To pay out better than 30,000 dollars for a truck and maybe get a poorly built one is total BS, Monday or Friday or whenever the thing was made.

Now having ranted, I hope this saga works out for the best.

Big Jimmy

Quick Reply: Not Happy with 2006 CTD