3rd Generation Ram - Non Drivetrain - All Years Talk about the 2003 and up Dodge Ram here. PLEASE, NO ENGINE OR DRIVETRAIN DISCUSSION!.

Not Happy with 2006 CTD

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2006, 10:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
still after all this the cummins is still going.. yeah everything that is goin wrong is with the **** truck is dodges fault not cummins cummins is a GREAT motor yeah once everything is worked out you will be in great sharp that cummins wont let ya down on your trip.. by the way have fun. good luck
Old 03-02-2006, 12:25 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Probably a snap ring didn't seat when the tranny was put together.

Either way....they found it..they are fixing it, you'll be good to go.

Now as for the Ford boys likeing this.............they should. They haven't had anything to like on their trucks since the 6.0L.

One dodge tranny....versus THOUSANDS of bought back, warranty voided 6.0L,

Dodge still wins
Old 03-02-2006, 02:15 PM

carpenterje,

Where are you at in Ca?? I may be able to help.

Rick
Old 03-02-2006, 05:37 PM

I'm down in the Antelope Valley in the Desert.
Old 03-02-2006, 07:42 PM

gotta love the insecurity!
Old 03-02-2006, 09:59 PM

carpenterje,

Contact Diesel junkie Southern Ca President (Scott Heiser), maybe he can point you to a real dealer.

Rick
Old 03-03-2006, 10:19 AM

Thanks Runamuk, I'll look into contacting Scott Heiser
Old 03-04-2006, 08:40 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I'd have to agree with most of the guys that posted....all of the big three make good trucks...basically what you see is what you get. And it is always possible to get a truck with more than desirable problems. Guys at work give me a hard time about having a dodge...and most of them are just kidding they know just as well as me that anyone that thinks one brand is better than the other has their head up their butt, they dont know what they're talking about. Sometimes this crap happens and you gotta deal with it.
While the trucks may be equal...the engines are not.
Old 03-04-2006, 02:38 PM

Originally Posted by carpenterje
The Dealership just called me about 10 minutes ago. The Advisor told me that the transmission internally came apart. A truck with 3300 miles on it, and I haven't even pulled my heavy trailer with it yet. But, I am glad it has happened now instead of going cross country, which I'll be doing in 3 monthes. The Advisor informed me that they are completely internally rebuilding everything inside the tranny and they have orders the parts. Maybe the dealership will rebuild it better than the factory that built it. Must have been a friday or monday the day that tranny was built. I will keep you all updated.
No, no, no ... demand a NEW tranny. If they go messing around in it, Dodge might not warranty it any more since it was a bunch of gear monkeys fooling around with it. If your tranny "came apart" there could be little filings all over that thing that will cause future problems ... GET A NEW TRANNY!!!
Old 03-04-2006, 03:48 PM

DC isnt gonna deny warranty because a DC mechanic worked on it. Also if that dealer has a fulltime tranny guy, or girls(s) Im sure they will clean everything up. Its no different than a reman.

As for the owner, most automakers place a limit cap on the replacement of a tranny. If total repairs go over the price cap, they replace the tranny. If total repairs are under the cap, they repair it. No if, ands, or buts about it. Im not sure if DC has that policy or not, but most auto companies do the same.

Just dont worry about any work they perform not being "warrantable" They represent DC, therefor its DC's problem. It may also make you feel better to stop and talk with the tech in charge of your truck, or the service manager. Im not speaking bad about a service advisor, because years ago I started there. But it gets you first hand information about what they found, without the middle man. Itll make you feel more confident.
Old 03-04-2006, 04:52 PM

I did contact the dealership, and was informed that DC working on my tranny would not void my warranty. And I asked about a possible new tranny. The Advisor explained it to me perfectly. He said if their is over 70% damaged they put a whole new tranny in, if less than that 70% they repair the tranny. Which in my case is less than the 70%. Believe me, I'm a stubborn, grumpy, Marine, Cowboy. If things where not looking up, I'd be sure my foot would be coming down like a 10 lbs. hammer. On another note, I want to thank all of you for the your input on this situation, it has been really helpful. And remember "knowledge is power". Thanks
Old 03-04-2006, 05:40 PM

Don't get too excited about the Ford/Dodge thing. I could tell you many stories of low mileage tranny failures on our new Fords at work. But it isn't even about that. Every brand has their problems and it is how the dealership deals with you and gets it fixed to your satisfaction that is important. Like you mentioned earlier, get the bugs out now and enjoy your truck for many years to come.
Old 03-04-2006, 05:59 PM

"I'm a stubborn, grumpy, Marine, Cowboy."

I like this guy already!!!

Rick
Old 03-09-2006, 11:41 PM

Got truck back today and I'm mad as h*ll

Well, I'll first start off what the work order says and the problem I'm now having.

The work order reads:
Customer states the vehicle made a loud pop underneath and then the check engine light came on and vehicle will not shift into any gears.
Tow In
Inspected and found fault codes p0480,p0243 & p0708.
Found internal failure of the transmission. The O/D sun gear plate bearing came apart. Damaging the sun gear planitory gear, O/D clutches and steels, contaminating the torque converter with metal.
Removed the transmission and disassembled, cleaned and replaced the damaged internal parts, reverse flushed the cooling system, 17psi. Refilled the transmission to proper level and cleared fault codes. Road tested to verify proper operation.

Now, he said he road tested the vehicle! Then why does my gear selector not want to go into park. I have to mess with it to get it to properly seat to show on the dash that it went into park. It will get caught up in reverse. And why when I put the truck into drive, there is a rattling noise coming from up front around the floorboard right where the tranny sits! I hate to say it. I'm a military man and we go by First impressions, are lasting impressions. This is my first Dodge and more than likely my last. I would take my truck to another dealer if I didn't live in the middle of the desert. It takes me almost an hour to get out in town from base and that's the closest dealer. That dealer is going to hate me, cause I'm releasing the beast tomorrow. Gonna be a stampede as far as I'm concerned.
Old 03-10-2006, 08:05 AM

Make them replace your tranny. Don't take no for an answer. You might want to mention lemon laws to get their attention. DON'T hurt anybody... unless you want to .

Quick Reply: Not Happy with 2006 CTD