3rd Generation Ram - Non Drivetrain - All Years Talk about the 2003 and up Dodge Ram here. PLEASE, NO ENGINE OR DRIVETRAIN DISCUSSION!.

My turn for charging issues...

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2009, 05:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Stacked97
Pull the edge off totally, takes 15minutes tops.

Not sure which edge you have, but is it the new version with the harness that disconnects from the edge box itself?(With 3 wires that go to the fuse box instead of the old box that just had one power wire)

If so, the new Edge box also has the turbo timer option, which keeps the truck running when you turn the key off until the EGT is reached or time runs out. It COULD be keeping power on to something and draining the batteries after you shut the truck off?

I also noticed in your sig it says rear seat DVD? Its not drawing any power after the truck is off is it?

Do you have heated seats? Might be worth a look.

I really hate electrical gremlins, just trying to toss ideas out to you short of going over every plug/wire with a voltmeter
Its hard to find out what is drawing enough of a draw that it kills the batteries, but obviously isnt noticably on when the truck is off...
Ding ding ding we have a winner. The PO was a hack. He tee'd the power for the rear dvd player off the wiring for the electric brakes. It took me awhile to find it, but that's what the wire is disappearing up under the dash. Even though it was "off", it was still drawing some current. After removing the fuse from the fusible link tee'd off the electric brake wiring, the current draw on the wire feeding the TIPM dropped down to next to nothing.

I now officially have no draw off my batteries besides the normal stuff that still runs. Does anyone know where there is switched power on the truck? I'd like to get the electric wired back up properly for the rear DVD player. I don't use it, but if it's there I'd like it to be operable. Oh, and I still have flashing for my heated mirrors?!