3rd Generation Ram - Non Drivetrain - All Years Talk about the 2003 and up Dodge Ram here. PLEASE, NO ENGINE OR DRIVETRAIN DISCUSSION!.

Moss-Mag Act

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2008, 06:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So how should you be treated? Coming on someone else's thread preaching about how they acted when you don't even know what went down! LMAO!
Did it ever cross your mind that maybe he just came here to rant and probably stretched the truth alittle....It don't matter though I don't know why I even made this my business. I'll shut up now. Peace!
Old 10-01-2008, 07:57 PM

this is the way it happened. the first words out of the service hands mouth before i even finnished telling him what happened was oh your truck has a lift90 percent chance it wont be warrenty. i say pardon??? he says i have never heard of this before! i said well i read 15 posts about it on dtr while waiting on a tow truck. all i did was search battery in title 3rd gen truck he says well you can take it somewhere else. i say but a lift voiding charging system ? the rest is in the first post.... respect is earned with me not entitled !!!! he was ignorant so i was angry...zero to azzhole in two seconds thats how i roll.... thanks for posts and replys will update

ps im not to worried about the police, its a fine up here for an oz or less no criminal charges
Old 10-01-2008, 08:18 PM
Chapter President

OK..... All this aside. I just had to replace both batteries because the passenger side started to boil. I could smell sulfer fumes coming into the cab. Pulled into the nearest Interstate Batt. Dealer. he checked the batts. and the passenger side had 2 dead cells. The alternator was putting out 14.6. Anyone know what is causing this problem. Seems like i'm not the onlyone this has happened to. Voltage guage in te dash seems to read just over 14 now. It used to stay right in the middle.
Old 10-01-2008, 08:46 PM
With age comes the cage

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Part of the problem is when you hard wire two batteries together, as no two batteries are identical both will have different voltages, The alternator senses the lowest voltage and charges accordingly, this in turns leads to overcharging of the better battery. When the truck is turned off the lower battery will pull a charge off of the better one.

Ideally there needs to be a battery isolator wired in between the 2 batteries to charge each as needed. this system would require an additional starting solenoid to put both batteries to the starter when your starting the truck.. Always replace both batteries at the same time with the same brand and build date. this will minimize the problems listed above.
Old 10-01-2008, 09:44 PM

i just got home and there is a message from dodge...the problem is a short in the intake heater (grid heater) they have replaced two batterys and the grid heater and shampoo the engine bay ... i have to go in and see dodge first thing in the morning ... acid was all over fender, hood and bumper so... dono if paint is fubared

edit grid heater relay not grid heater listened to message again