3rd Generation Ram - Non Drivetrain - All Years Talk about the 2003 and up Dodge Ram here. PLEASE, NO ENGINE OR DRIVETRAIN DISCUSSION!.

Michilin Warranty!!!!! Got my new Bfs 285

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2007, 04:47 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
When I did the swap I was told that with 100% credit you are supposed to get mount and balance as part of the deal, remember at 100% it isn't prorated...
Old 03-31-2007, 04:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just got back from discount tire co. They said they couldn't verify with mich till' monday, so I'm going back then. He said it shouldn't be a problem, they'll definitely be covered & it should be 100% covered. He went ahead and rang everything up and gave me my quote. Going to go with the 285/70/170 BFG AT's of course!
Old 04-02-2007, 05:20 AM

just had my near 4 year old, 43000 mile old michelins replaced at discount tire.. they gave me 55% off the cost of the price of the new ones. the originals have a 6 year warranty.
Old 04-02-2007, 07:13 AM

Finally

I finally got my new tires. I went to Mr. Tire and they ordered me 5 BFGoodrich T/A KO in stock size. They came in and they mounted them. Before leaving the lot I checked them, LOAD C. I said no, they needed to get me Load E. They said they did not have the KO in load E in their system but they had Rugged Trail T/A. They installed them and they look ok, better than the stock. I do not have a 4x4 and it is essentially a minivan/truck for me, so I guess these will work. They ride and handle better than the Michelins. It was a bit of an ordeal but mission complete. Five new tires for $0. Thanks everyone for your advice.
Old 04-02-2007, 07:02 PM

Originally Posted by wade234
I finally got my new tires. I went to Mr. Tire and they ordered me 5 BFGoodrich T/A KO in stock size. They came in and they mounted them. Before leaving the lot I checked them, LOAD C. I said no, they needed to get me Load E. They said they did not have the KO in load E in their system but they had Rugged Trail T/A. They installed them and they look ok, better than the stock. I do not have a 4x4 and it is essentially a minivan/truck for me, so I guess these will work. They ride and handle better than the Michelins. It was a bit of an ordeal but mission complete. Five new tires for $0. Thanks everyone for your advice.
It's a brand new tire in load e range. That is why I had to wait for mine. If they woulda called BFG or Michelen, they woulda found out.
Old 04-02-2007, 10:04 PM

Got my BFGs on.... LOVE THEM! They ride great, fairly low noise & I think they look just about perfect at stock ride height. For some reason Michilin denied paying for my mounting & balancing, so I had to pay for that. Good deal overall!
Old 04-03-2007, 09:14 PM

I got my new bfg's to day 285/70/17's im pumped.

called mich and thay told me to take it this place or that place and have the inspection done on them. so i went to a sears right neer my house and thay told me the manager was on vacation and thay couldent help me right now. so i took it to a big o tire in bevercreek ohio, dont ever go there, the guy is not nice, told me that the cracks were "normal weather cracks" i asked the guy if thats how thay looked after 4 months, how were thay going to look in 2 years? he said he dident know and that the tires werent 4 months old, thay were 2 years old cus of the mfg. date. then there was a nother guy walking around looking at them also and he was all up in my face about me putting tire shine on them, i told him i dident and the dealer did when i bought it so if he wanted to tell me the cracks were from that hed have to take it up with the dealer. he shut up after that. so the guy said the cracks were normal adn there wasent nothing he could do about them, there were a few words spokin and he told me off, and i told him off. i wont ever go back there, and hope none of my friends will eather. "thats normal weather cracking, theres nothing i can do about that" my butt. so, off to the next place...
tire discounters, home of the free alinement walked in, and was the 285's sitting right there in the show room, and told the guy " i want 4 of thows put on that truck out there." then told him about mich warinteying the tires that were on there. so he went out and check the cracks out adn tred depth. called mich and chated with them for a few, turned around and said ok, we will have new ones for you tomorrow. i asked him what the price difference was going to be and he told me "nothing, were even" i knwe there was something wrong. i said with the bfg's? he said no, a stock replacement. i told him i wanted the bfgs and he told me tha only make a 6 ply and he wouldent put them on that truck. i was freaking out, i thought all of you were running on a 6 ply for a few. i told him that the bfgs had the same load cap. of the mich and he said nope, thay only have 2100 pounds or something. i started to think and said " the 285's?" then it clicked, he was thinking i was wanting the same size, so i told him i wanted the 285's and he told me $110 out the door, i handed him my keys

thay look sweet!! make the ride a little more bouncey i think, or am i crazey? and think i need different shocks too, what should i get? thanks guys. i love this place!!

oh yea, mich gave me 219 bucks for each tire.
Old 04-03-2007, 09:25 PM

Originally Posted by Timmer
I got my new bfg's to day 285/70/17's im pumped.

called mich and thay told me to take it this place or that place and have the inspection done on them. so i went to a sears right neer my house and thay told me the manager was on vacation and thay couldent help me right now. so i took it to a big o tire in bevercreek ohio, dont ever go there, the guy is not nice, told me that the cracks were "normal weather cracks" i asked the guy if thats how thay looked after 4 months, how were thay going to look in 2 years? he said he dident know and that the tires werent 4 months old, thay were 2 years old cus of the mfg. date. then there was a nother guy walking around looking at them also and he was all up in my face about me putting tire shine on them, i told him i dident and the dealer did when i bought it so if he wanted to tell me the cracks were from that hed have to take it up with the dealer. he shut up after that. so the guy said the cracks were normal adn there wasent nothing he could do about them, there were a few words spokin and he told me off, and i told him off. i wont ever go back there, and hope none of my friends will eather. "thats normal weather cracking, theres nothing i can do about that" my butt. so, off to the next place...
tire discounters, home of the free alinement walked in, and was the 285's sitting right there in the show room, and told the guy " i want 4 of thows put on that truck out there." then told him about mich warinteying the tires that were on there. so he went out and check the cracks out adn tred depth. called mich and chated with them for a few, turned around and said ok, we will have new ones for you tomorrow. i asked him what the price difference was going to be and he told me "nothing, were even" i knwe there was something wrong. i said with the bfg's? he said no, a stock replacement. i told him i wanted the bfgs and he told me tha only make a 6 ply and he wouldent put them on that truck. i was freaking out, i thought all of you were running on a 6 ply for a few. i told him that the bfgs had the same load cap. of the mich and he said nope, thay only have 2100 pounds or something. i started to think and said " the 285's?" then it clicked, he was thinking i was wanting the same size, so i told him i wanted the 285's and he told me $110 out the door, i handed him my keys

thay look sweet!! make the ride a little more bouncey i think, or am i crazey? and think i need different shocks too, what should i get? thanks guys. i love this place!!

oh yea, mich gave me 219 bucks for each tire.
I've put 50 miles or so on the tires now... All I have noticed as far as ride quality goes is that it is a VERY small amount rougher at low speeds. For shocks, I'd go with Bilstein's! I'll get some soon if I don't go all out on a KORE kit.
Old 04-03-2007, 10:38 PM

nice if i had a ideal of the prices on there website. Kore that is. i always feel like if you ahve to ask, you cant afford it. so i wont ask, and thay wont sell a kit to me i guess.
Old 04-07-2007, 12:17 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Well after reading most of this I went and checked my tires. Sure enough with only 2K on them they were cracking. I called Michilin and they told me to go to the local dealer. I went to one dealer and kind of got the run around. Then went to the auto dealer where I bought the pickup from and they told me I'd get the exact same tires. I didn't wan that so I went to one more. The guy cam out and looked at them and said "yep, those are bad." Told me to come inside and pick which tires I wanted. I'm getting 5 315/75/17 BFG MT's out the door for 290. I realy wanted Toyo's, but they dont carry them. I'll deal with these for under 300 bucks.
Old 04-09-2007, 10:21 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Just drove home today with my BFG AT 305/65/17 tires.... Is this what you guys are getting? They are only 32" tires... the truck stands about an inch taller with them. They look oodles better

I got the installation covered, so the 4 cost me $232. I had to order the spare because 4 was all they had. Now I need a better rim so I can do a 5 tire rotation.

After my last trip I had 7,000 miles on the Michelins and got a full refund.

Ride is the same, handles the same, no sound difference.
Old 04-15-2007, 02:29 PM

Will the 285's raise the ride height at all. Im limited to height because of my underground parking structure. I dont have a lift or anything on my 3500 4x4.
Old 04-15-2007, 04:39 PM

It will raise the ride height. I think it will raise the height 1 inch. The tires are 2 inches taller, so 1 inch should be right..
Old 04-15-2007, 09:26 PM

Does anyone have a recall letter or something i can print out off the internet to take to Discounr tire?
Old 04-15-2007, 09:31 PM

There is no recall letter. The tires are under warranty from the manufacturer. If there are cracks in the tires, they are covered under warranty. Call Michelen and then go to DT.

Quick Reply: Michilin Warranty!!!!! Got my new Bfs 285