3rd Generation Ram - Non Drivetrain - All Years Talk about the 2003 and up Dodge Ram here. PLEASE, NO ENGINE OR DRIVETRAIN DISCUSSION!.

Mega Cab Picture?

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2004, 04:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wow, great thread Jeepdude... my favorite comment was regarding that MAXX cab... "The 4.7-liter V8 engine has all the horsepower and torque that a Dodge enthusiast demands - 238 horsepower and 295 pound feet of torque, to be exact, meaning MAXXcab has the power to pull the heaviest of loads"

Anyways, thanks for that pic of the cab comparison. Makes me wish I would have waited... oh well!
Old 08-26-2004, 06:14 PM

That side stamping (page 5 of that TDR thread) matches well with the crew cab mule I saw at a focus group about 15 months ago that also featured the 05 Dakotas.

They had at least one prototype that appeared finished at that time, but featured two different C pillar configurations, one on each side. One had a small fixed window, the other looked like the stamping shown in that TDR thread. I see that the window went away - probably cheaper without it, and the cab won't be appreciably darker without it IMO. If they were trying to address blind spots with the mini-window, , isn't that why we have nice big mirrors on our trucks?

I find it very believable that that sheet metal shot is a real representation of the Mega cab (or whatever they are going to call it.). It will be MUCH roomier than the F and C crews if it is like the one i saw. Now I wish I knew what the bed lengths are going to be - they could keep costs down by offering it with the short bed only - assume they could package it onto the current QC LWB chassis...

Otherwise, new wheelbase needed, and it would have a huge turning circle like the Ford crews with the 8' bed. I know a lot of you guys would prefer the long bed, but DC sure has been all about cost cutting lately, right?

Jim
Old 08-28-2004, 11:26 PM

Last saturday while stopping for fuel in Estes Park, CO I got a good look at two black camoflauged HD Rams crew cabs, these where definently trucks not SUVs, they did have those canvas toppers on them though. The camoflauge didn't hide much, it was very easy to tell what you were looking at. There was also one of the Power Wagon edition Rams parked close by, 285's stock, pretty cool looking. As luck would have it, the *&%$#@! battery in my camera was dead.
Old 08-29-2004, 12:39 PM

Dang! Too bad about the camera. I envy you the look, though!

I've heard only rumors on intro dates - the two leading ones seem to be 2006 model year with normal Fall intro and 2005.5 with early calendar '05 intro. Does anybody have any insight into how likely either of these guesses might be, given the presence of test mules like charcoal has seen on the open road?