3rd Generation Ram - Non Drivetrain - All Years Talk about the 2003 and up Dodge Ram here. PLEASE, NO ENGINE OR DRIVETRAIN DISCUSSION!.

Mega Cab Pics

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2005, 11:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I was a little concerned when I bought the '05 that I'd regret not waiting until '06 for the new facelift. All I can say now is, I'M GLAD I GOT MY '05! What is that grille? Even the interior looks like crap to me. Check out the HVAC vents... uguhlee.. They have a HUGE center section on the dash and still have it filled with a relatively small-screen nav unit. They used the same exact hvac control panel not scaled to the new size, just threw ***** on either side. The only think I like is that the seats look like they might be more comfortable on long trips, but that remains to be seen. I sure prefer the way my seats look. Nope, definitely won't regret my purchase.. and EGR in '07... screw that. This one's for the looong hauuul!
Old 02-09-2005, 11:13 PM

Originally posted by MikeyB
Maybe it wouldn't look so bad if had a chrome bumper instead of the painted one in the picture. MikeyB
I think you are exactly right. This would be a great looking truck if the bumper was all chrome.
Old 02-10-2005, 12:29 AM

Being a Ford owner, I am tired of the SD design and I WILL NEVER OWN A PS 6.0. I think the MC looks SWEEEEEEEEET. Yea some of the styling is unusual but hey you have a true crew now. I can already see the spot for the sunroof (roof ribs placement) and hopefully the SRT 10 hood will fit. Maybe a roadarmor bumber, kelderman 6" suspension with Fox res., 20" Helo Dakat's with 38"nitto. What is wrong with me I forgot ONE BAD A$$ MOD 600 CUMMINS pouring the black coal to it as it passes the broken 6.0. What can't you not like Like I said SWEEEEEEEEEET.
Old 02-10-2005, 02:44 AM

Interior=Sweet

Exterior=Sucks

Glad I got an 04.
Old 02-10-2005, 07:08 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Ok, I'm going to be the freak here. But the new style is starting to grow on me. Ditching the painted painted front bumper for chrome would help the front end appearance. I love the interior.
I can tell one thing, DC doesn't want their products blending into the crowd!

MikeyB
Old 02-10-2005, 09:09 AM

I think this happens with every redesign / facelift. 90% of us with current trucks think it's ugly and that number slowly drops to 20% as time goes by and we get used to it.

I really don't understand the negative reactions to the front, it didn't go nearly as far as the new Dakota (which I agree is ugly). The new grille looks good, I never unserstood why they designed the current gens headlights with rounded bottoms, the new lights look more natural (and easier to make an aftermarket bumper for ).

The styling changes are minor as far as I'm concerned and it looks almost nothing like the new Dakota which I think has UGLY fenders and front (I like the rear bullet lights that are from the Power Wagon concept though, wish they added those to the new Ram).

I would have rather seen the rear seats fold up like the current Quad Cab seats rather than down. The extra space is definately really nice, but I probably won't be upgrading until the full redesign in '08 or so.
Old 02-10-2005, 09:38 AM
DTR's Self Appointed Beer Advisor

Originally posted by Berak
I think this happens with every redesign / facelift. 90% of us with current trucks think it's ugly and that number slowly drops to 20% as time goes by and we get used to it.
I tend to agree with you. The truck will probably grow on me although I don’t think I will ever like the way it looks over our trucks. Chevy is a prime example of that. I had a 2001 HD with the big hood on it. In 2002 they changed to the current body style (avalanche front end) and I think it is the ugliest truck (Dakota aside) on the road today. Still hate it.

Originally posted by Berak
I really don't understand the negative reactions to the front, it didn't go nearly as far as the new Dakota (which I agree is ugly). The new grille looks good, I never unserstood why they designed the current gens headlights with rounded bottoms, the new lights look more natural (and easier to make an aftermarket bumper for ).
My main beef with the front is the headlights. I think they look terrible. I agree that it is not as drastic as the Dakota, but it draws cues from that model which in turn makes me think it looks like a Dakota. The grill I could live with but I don’t like it as much as the one we have now. The only thing I don’t mind about it is the front is the bumper. I personally don’t think it looks that bad.

Here are the two major problems that I have with the truck

The extra body behind the rear door ruins the truck in my opinion.

DSLRammin photoshopped this picture and it looks a lot better

He should have worked for Dodge.

Britt

Old 02-10-2005, 10:05 AM

Windsor Star newspaper article

Alex Law (special to the Star)
wrote a half page article in the Windsor Star about the new MEGA-CAB.

JUST A FEW HIGHLIGHTS
longest cab--2822 mm
largest interior cargo volume--2010 litres
largest cargo volume behind rear seat--216 litres
largest second row leg room--1123 mm
largest flat floor area--2.3 sq. m.
largest rear door opening--876 mm high.....902 mm wide
largest rear door opening angle--88 degrees
Over all increase of 19% since 2000
" The Dodge Ram Mega-Cab is the first and only pickup truck to comfortably seat
six adults and provide enough interior storage space to bring along plenty of
gear"
" The Mega-Cab delivers ultimate versatility, offering the most funtionability diverse
cab ever created for pickup truck buyers"
" The Dodge Ram Mega-Cab consists of a proven frame and chassis design packaged with engines truck enthusiast clamor for: CUMMINS and HEMI"
"Dodge proves that size matters"
"The Mega-Cab features the industrys most innovative seating and storage configurations,
including the first reclining rear seat available in a pickup truck"
" Premium ammenities offered include a full-screen navigation radio, rear-seat DVD entertainment system, power sliding rear window, heated front bucket seats, power sunroof and adjustable pedals"

" The Mega-Cab's Laramie trim features a chrome front fascia applique', creating a rugged yet premium look".
"Lamps are precise in appearance and extended deep into the fender, giving the Dodge Ram Mega-Cab's front end presence a truely distinctive look from both fron and side views"
" The instrument panelfeatures precise gauges and large USER-FRIENDLY buttons and *****"
Old 02-10-2005, 10:05 AM

Thanks Britt, I've already got the 2006.5 version out for sale. My shares are going threw the roof
Old 02-10-2005, 10:23 AM

SHOE-BOX on WHEELS

We just received three new 05 F-250's in our fleet today.
"UGLY AS MY EX-WIFE" ---- Just purely sinful.
High box sides with large wheel openings, large door panels with small window.
Everthing is totally "OUT OF PROPORTION" in style
Old 02-10-2005, 10:33 AM

It might be a little awkward with the rear door that wide since you'd be running into the rear seat back trying to get in. Having the larger C pillar is also structuraly better and provides more protection in a roll over. Making it larger for styling sakes alone isn't what I want or expect from my truck provider.
Old 02-10-2005, 11:13 AM

The C-Pillar looks like they took it from the regular cab trucks. It is a lot longer than on the quad cabs. Perhaps DC pulled it off the shelf for more room? Just a thought.

John
Old 02-10-2005, 12:11 PM
DTR's Self Appointed Beer Advisor

Originally posted by DSLRammin
Thanks Britt, I've already got the 2006.5 version out for sale. My shares are going threw the roof
count me in on one of the 2006.5s then. i like your version a lot better. good job!

britt

Old 02-10-2005, 04:16 PM

Personally, I think it looks pretty good. Not nearly close enough to the Fugly Dakota or Durango. I also like the idea that I could throw 5-6 people in there, and put some stuff behind the back seat so it doesn't get wet, muddy or snowy. I thought they said it's almost 12 inches from the rear seat to the rear wall, so that's even big enough for a couple suitcases.

And as Berak said, I wouldn't want the rear doors so long that the main structure of the truck is 8-10 inches behind the seat. Incase of a roll-over, I'd prefer the structure be directly over my head. Anyway, I think the way the trucks are made, the pillars aren't parts to be pulled from the DC bin--I believe the entire side structure is one large panel, including all pillars and going from the floor to ceiling. Then the doors just bolt onto the hinges.
Old 02-10-2005, 04:54 PM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Just my opinion,,,,,,,,

I remember commenting on how UGLY I thought the 2nd gen body was when it first came out,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, as well as a bunch of folks with the same reaction.!

I'll almost bet that once you start seeing them on the street after the individual owners have had a chance to start dressing them in different configurations........ The new body style will grow on us just like all the other ones did.
Personally, I'm not fond of the headlight treatment,,,,,, but then, I'm still not crazy about the 3rd gen headlights,,,,, I like the rectangle lights on my 99 Sport. I do like the interior in the Mcab and I think that the rear doors are big enough Jack,,,,,,,, (Have you put on THAT many pounds lately?)

All in all,,,, I think this rig would make the perfect tow vehicle for me and my 5er set-up. HOWEVER,,,,,,,,,,, The one thing that really bugs me about this truck,,,,,,,,,,, WHY DO THEY ALWAYS HAVE TO SHOWCASE THE RED ONE? I bet it would look much better in an "Intense Blue" version!

Quick Reply: Mega Cab Pics