3rd Generation Ram - Non Drivetrain - All Years Talk about the 2003 and up Dodge Ram here. PLEASE, NO ENGINE OR DRIVETRAIN DISCUSSION!.

Mega Cab Pics

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2005, 05:30 PM
DTR Founder

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
UGLY. ...and where is the long bed dually? How about some real doors? Why do they keep trying to cut corners on this? Just build a dang REAL CREW CAB!
Old 02-09-2005, 05:41 PM
DTR's Self Appointed Beer Advisor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by doomgaze
I'm with you, Britt. I think it looks ugly...

However, I'd kill for that interior!

It'd be perfect if they kept the same grille/headlights and got rid of that funky looking area beind the second doors. If they're going to have that area might as well make them suicide doors and call it a 6 door... then they can one-up Ford/Chevy

exactly what i was thinking.

the truck on the outside just doesn't look right. i know it's just my opinion but i just can't imagine the powers that be approving this design. the back doors and back of the cab just don't look right at all. just because you can make a huge (mega) cab doesn't mean you should. it's almost like an exercise in trying to see who can make the biggest interior/exterior (which i guess it really is). well dodge won on the size dept. but failed on the looks. now our trucks are brought down to around the same level as the other two. chevy to me is just about the ugliest truck on the road right now (although the refresh of the HD for 2005 looks a little better), and ford is in dire need of a new body style. if dodge would have just come out with 2 "normal" sized rear doors in the first place, just like chevy and ford, then we would never have to have the "MEGA" cab.

the interior on the other hand is unbelievable!!! they hit a home run with that! i love the dash and even the rear passenger space. the ugly on the outside sure did make it nice on the inside. like i said, "form follows function" but maybe it shouldn't have in this case. just "normal" space back there would have been fine.

i'm also with besserheimerpha on the placement of the Cummins emblems. i liked them better where they were. if they would have left the headlights the way they were then they would still fit.

sorry for the complaining guys. i have been really excited about the release of the mega cab since i first heard about it a while back. when it was finally released it was a huge dissapointment in my book. but i guess you knew that by now.

thanks for you pictures Berak! i would love to go to an auto show one day!

britt

Old 02-09-2005, 06:00 PM

Originally posted by Jack Thorpe
UGLY. ...and where is the long bed dually? How about some real doors? Why do they keep trying to cut corners on this? Just build a dang REAL CREW CAB!
What is wrong with those doors? They are full sized.

It's just that the cab is that much bigger.
Old 02-09-2005, 06:04 PM

Just because no one has put them up as pics instead of links yet:

Old 02-09-2005, 06:09 PM

Old 02-09-2005, 06:11 PM
DTR's Self Appointed Beer Advisor

UGLY!

heavy duty dakota thats all it is. interior is the only thing thats nice.

britt

Old 02-09-2005, 07:07 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Maybe it wouldn't look so bad if had a chrome bumper instead of the painted one in the picture.
Hopefully the new headlights are much better than the current 3rd gen ones.

MikeyB
Old 02-09-2005, 07:12 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You guys may think I'm crazy, but all I have are 2 questions: Will they make it with a longbed, and will it be available as a dually? Hey, I used to drive a '73 cadillac hearse for fun-big is no problem for me.
Old 02-09-2005, 07:32 PM

I didn't catch the rear overhead console the first time I looked through the pictures... very nice!! This interior almost makes me forget about the lack of something akin to the King Ranch.

Anyone know if this interior is only going into the Mega Cabs or is it going into all the 06 Rams?
Old 02-09-2005, 07:34 PM
DTR Founder

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally posted by t-7 firefighter
UGLY!

heavy duty dakota thats all it is. interior is the only thing thats nice.

britt

WOW, exactly what I was thinking! That is exactly what it looks like! If I wanted a Dakota I would have bought one. There is nothing about this truck to me that says it's a good looking vehicle. Even the cummins emblem looks out of place. I don't like it at all.
Old 02-09-2005, 07:41 PM

it looks like a limo i dont really like it at all
Old 02-09-2005, 07:53 PM

I'd take two but I couldn't fit in my garage. I don't thinks its that ugly and the rear doors are much bigger than the QC. At least with my truck I can still turn around without stoping in my work parking lot. My partner with his 04 F250 has to do a 19 point turn in the same area. The Mcab in a long bed version may be the same way. I'd still love to have a dually version if I had a bigger garage
Old 02-09-2005, 07:58 PM

Did they steal that front piece off a nissan. I think a long bed is out of the question. If they put 4 wheel steering on one maybe. Nice inside.

I'm buying a new truck this year but not this one. I'll stick with reg 4 door long bed.

John
Old 02-09-2005, 08:02 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
It's a new look for us (4 full doors), the interior is killer. I think alot of us will be moving and designing custom garages. I'd get one, but I have no need for it. I like the current config and no need to go bigger. But, heck, In Texas, looking on the roads, I guess size matters. I might be like the others, don't need it, but its BIG, in fact the BIGGEST pickup out there!
Old 02-09-2005, 10:05 PM
db

Now Dodge will have the biggest crew cab AND the biggest extended cab in the industry.
How often have you read in the other forums - "If Dodge made a REAL crew cab I'd buy one?
Isn't it funny to read how they would oviusly (sp) confuse the biggest available extended cab on the market (maybe because it's the only one available with 4 REAL doors) for a crew cab?? Maybe i'd buy a Ford extended cab if it had 4 REAL doors---NOT!
The only down side to this Mega cab intro is all of the previos Ford & Chevy crew cab owners that will jump ship, because they just have to have the biggest of whatever is available, and flood our forums.
They should of made the Mega cab just a tad shorter than the competition to avoid the inevitible influx of "The bigger the better crowd" from our magnificient forums-- OR maybe we can make a whole new special forum just for them.

What's going to be the next biggest complaint? The lack of a 5 speed auto OR Mega dually?

db

Quick Reply: Mega Cab Pics