3rd Generation Ram - Non Drivetrain - All Years Talk about the 2003 and up Dodge Ram here. PLEASE, NO ENGINE OR DRIVETRAIN DISCUSSION!.

Lorenz/kore/carli Comparison Test

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2007, 11:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by dog rocket
Aw jeez...

I read your diatribe on Carli's site... gotta say your slams on Kore ring much deeper than the hardware itself. Care to enlighten us on the real story?

Come hang out at any of our events.................

Bob
Old 11-20-2007, 11:42 PM

Ya mean you'll spill the beans at the campfire?
Old 11-21-2007, 08:50 AM

Originally Posted by dog rocket
Ya mean you'll spill the beans at the campfire?

stranger things have happened over a few beers.

Bob
Old 11-21-2007, 09:56 AM

Yea, maybe by then Carli will have an Advanced Dominator 3.0 Extreme and I can talk you out of your setup for a song! I'll bring the beer! Lots of it!
Old 11-23-2007, 05:23 PM

I'd really like to know the differences you guys felt between the 3 Brands that showed up. Who's kit allowed you to go the fastest? Whose rode the best on the paved roads? The way I see it, all the higher-end kits are very similar beyond shock valving.......
Old 11-23-2007, 05:51 PM

Originally Posted by Death Dealer
I'd really like to know the differences you guys felt between the 3 Brands that showed up. Who's kit allowed you to go the fastest? Whose rode the best on the paved roads? The way I see it, all the higher-end kits are very similar beyond shock valving.......
I will be putting in a Carli starter system pretty quick here, do you want me to give you my impression of it when done?
Old 11-23-2007, 08:12 PM

Any and all impressions would be great to have!
Old 11-24-2007, 10:45 PM

And I will be installing the Lorenz Bilstien 5100 system with a Thuren track bar. I will do a write up as well, although the rugged terrain of Virginia will not give me much of an opportunity to test it out too well.
Old 11-25-2007, 01:40 AM

Not exactly......all are running different spring rates as well. Spring rate/shock valving makes a huge difference. Lorenz's 26% spring, the IR/VR coils are all pretty close. Carli runs a softer spring, and Don Thuren runs a really soft spring. All valve their shocks accordingly.....

firemansdodge, I promise I'll reply to your PM as soon as I get some time to sit and type....it'll be a somewhat lengthy reply.
Old 11-25-2007, 10:04 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Cowhand
Not exactly......all are running different spring rates as well. Spring rate/shock valving makes a huge difference. Lorenz's 26% spring, the IR/VR coils are all pretty close. Carli runs a softer spring, and Don Thuren runs a really soft spring. All valve their shocks accordingly.....

firemansdodge, I promise I'll reply to your PM as soon as I get some time to sit and type....it'll be a somewhat lengthy reply.

No hurry, don't hold back w/ your opinion either.

To the posts above asking about the comparison. Your questions your asking is all in post #1. If you want more info. You can PM me.
Old 11-25-2007, 11:45 AM

Originally Posted by Cowhand

Carli also has a variable rate front spring Only a select few have had the pleasure of running it so far..........I know of a couple that hammered the L out of them in Baja recently .In our last comparison testing I also checked shock temps on 3 of the 4 systems..............#4 was a no show as usual.

Bob
Old 11-25-2007, 01:01 PM

So what's what here? No one wants to come forth and say which is best, or what they are running. I plan on owning my truck for many years. The roads I drive are typically gravel. They have all kinds of whoops, pot holes and wash-outs that can catch me off guard. I typically drive these roads at 60 mph+. I need something that isn't going to break. Something that works well on loose gravel, something that can take the big hits, and something that is going to ride atleast as well as stock on paved roads. Who should get my money?
Old 11-25-2007, 02:00 PM
Banned

So what's what here? No one wants to come forth and say which is best, or what they are running. I plan on owning my truck for many years. The roads I drive are typically gravel. They have all kinds of whoops, pot holes and wash-outs that can catch me off guard. I typically drive these roads at 60 mph+. I need something that isn't going to break. Something that works well on loose gravel, something that can take the big hits, and something that is going to ride atleast as well as stock on paved roads. Who should get my money?
It very well stated what we were running (the only difference is the Kore truck had a Chase System w/ Fox 2.0 shocks. No Kore Recon Systems available). That's why we couldn't say really what ones was the best. I can tell you w/ the Lorenz and Carli starter systems. I really could not tell the difference other than the Carli was tighter around turns at higher speeds.

It wasn't meant to be who's is better. That was stated too. If you have that type of terrian you drive. Then the starter system w/ Bilstien shocks obvious won't work for your driving. You need to talk to people who have an 2.5 or better shock system. I can't compare the Chase System to the other higher end 2.25/2.50/3.0 systems because I nevered been in a Carli King 2.5/3.0, Thurens' King 2.5 system or Lorenz 2.25 or 2.5 SAW.

I can say w/ the Chase System (since I drove it). The harder you drive it off road the better it soaked up the terrian. I am also having a hard time to decide since I want to go up in a suspension.

Sorry, this post may not have helped you decide, but I would suggest to Pm bob4x4 or Cowhand (since they had all the systems or parts at one point on thier trucks) or ride in some of these systems before buying. There might be a local installer that carry one of these systems where your at and test drive one.
Old 11-25-2007, 02:19 PM

I guess I can give some input to Death Dealer's inquiry. I just got home today from playing in the Mojave Desert for a week. The guys that rode with me all have trucks(none of them had performance suspension kits), and they were blown away by my truck's handling and ride. I hit gravel roads, washboards, rutted roads in excess of 70 mph. Some sections of road were straightaways that went on for miles at a time. What kept me from going any faster was knowing that if I spun off the road at these speeds, I'd probably wreck my truck and have no way of getting my toyhauler home.(and of course my wife kicking my ****) The shocks never got hot, and the ride quality never decreased.
Is the KORE Chase the best? I don't know. But it didn't fail! And it impressed the heck out of alot of hardcore dirtbike riders.

Last edited by kerstenp; 11-25-2007 at 02:21 PM. Reason: Typo
Old 11-25-2007, 02:27 PM

There is a huge difference in price between the starter/chase systems, and the 2.5/3.0 systems. Anyone out there used them both? For my application is a 3.0 shock worth my money? (I won't have any starving kids if I do spend the money)

Quick Reply: Lorenz/kore/carli Comparison Test