3rd Generation Ram - Non Drivetrain - All Years Talk about the 2003 and up Dodge Ram here. PLEASE, NO ENGINE OR DRIVETRAIN DISCUSSION!.

loosing my truck!

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2002, 08:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
loosing my truck!

Unfortunately I'm about to my loose my truck :-[<br><br>Going through a divorce and she is going to get it. My question is how is a new stock '03 going to compare performance wise to my modified '97 12 valve. You can see my modifications to the truck in my signature. I'm looking at going with the high output &amp; 6 speed - Of course I wanted the 5 speed back in '97 - but bought the p.o.s. automatic because of the wife : Anyhow, I'm interested in comments about power comparisons with a new stocker to mine - I'm REALLY happy with mine after all the improvements I've made to it.<br><br>Thanks,<br><br>Rob<br>
Old 10-10-2002, 09:03 PM

Re:loosing my truck!

Don't have an answer, just wanted to let you know that I feel for you. Man, that stinks. Wonder if your ex even knows what a Banks ottomind fuel plate is? Hope it works out in your favor in the end.

-Tom-
Old 10-10-2002, 09:03 PM
yz

I just wanted am sorry to hear about your bad new. That really blows. Hope things begin to get better for you. -Anthony
Old 10-10-2002, 09:36 PM

thanks for the support. It is a bummer. Been such a rocky road for so long though - it is actually refreshing to be on the path to ending the whole thing and moving on.....my pocket book isn't thinking it's to refreshing though :'(
Old 10-11-2002, 07:31 AM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts

Negotiate!!!! Buy her a nice new bright yellow YUGO and convince her it will be a lot less trouble than your old, beat up, messed up, altered, doctored, souped up, troublesome pickemtruck. And then you get to keep the beautiful, awesome, gorgeous, BOMBED beast. It's all a matter of perception, man. <br><br>Oh, you say she knows better??? ??? Then you will just have to buy a new, bigger, better, more gorgeous one than she will have and make her very very very jealous.
Old 10-11-2002, 12:08 PM

Wow Bob you've really thought that through. Done it before? (I really am joking).<br><br>Rob - sure sorry to hear about losing your wife (sure it's for the best) but REALLY sorry that you may lose that truck. Suppose that you can't lose regardless - keep the old gorgeous truck or get a new gorgeous truck <br><br>Best of luck to you!
Old 10-12-2002, 06:26 PM
Muted User

Clog up a fuel line, put a hole in the fuel tank, do something to make the truck run will bad and make her not want it... Something that won't hurt the truck... but will **** off anyone who drives it. Turn the fuel screw back until it'll hardly move under it's own power, something!!@!
Old 10-12-2002, 06:38 PM

if i were you'd i'd take all the accessories off and put everything back to stock.<br><br>i haven't driven a new cummins yet, but i have seen one go down the 1/4 mile. very impressive for a 6 speed. he missed a gear and spun in third. i walked up to it while it was in the staging lanes behind me, but it wasn't running. going down the track--well i couldn't hear a thing. all i can really say is drive one for yourself.
Old 10-13-2002, 07:06 AM
Administrator / Scooter Bum

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts

Take what you can off the truck before you give it up.<br>Anything that you do vandalisim-wise will come back and bite you in the butt once she and her attorney finds out.<br><br>Get a new truck and make it better that the first one....it'll be the sweetest revenge.<br><br>I miss my ex-wife..........................but with pratice, my aim will improve.
Old 10-13-2002, 01:21 PM

hey, you wanted a standard anyway! Hope the new one is better
Old 10-18-2002, 06:34 PM

Well, thanks again for all the support guys. The truck is officially gone as of today. I offered to buy the truck from her as part of the settelment, but she wants to keep it. Oh - well, guess I have some shopping to do now. Hopefully I'll order a new H.O. in a couple of months. Any stats on stock rear wheel torque &amp; horsepower for the new H.O. engine ?<br><br>
Old 10-20-2002, 11:01 PM

STOCK??????????????????????????????????<br><br>Sto ck = bad!!!! ???<br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br> ;D