3rd Generation Ram - Non Drivetrain - All Years Talk about the 2003 and up Dodge Ram here. PLEASE, NO ENGINE OR DRIVETRAIN DISCUSSION!.

Long siesta in Saltillo . . .

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2004, 11:54 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Angry Long siesta in Saltillo . . .

I just called DC's 800 number to see what's up with my truck. They didn't have any more updated info than what I see on Insight. Last update was 3/24 (KZ - built and ready to ship). If that isn't bad enough, he told me that their next update wasn't expected until around 4/15 - AFTER EASTER! I told him that my salesman called and told me that the truck was on the way. He said it was possible, that their system just wasn't up to date. He thought maybe the dealer could have been notified by Union Pacific or the factory directly that the shipment had commenced.

Nothing like having to wait completely in the dark . . . just like the good ol' days before internet tracking was available.

Neil
Old 04-05-2004, 12:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
We are all in the same mess. I have 3 trucks on order with the dealer that Wexman been getting the run around from. 2 of my trucks are in Balto. since 3/18 and the other one is waiting for a boat in good ole Mexico.

I think everyone should be calling DC on a daily basis until they get the message that the dealers and their delivery system are not up to speed. It is a shame because the product is good but only if you can actually get it to the customer

Chaz
Old 04-05-2004, 05:38 PM

In the same boat !!!

I'm in exactly the same boat, (NZ) since 3/24, and it just stays that way. I called customer service today as well and was told it didn't mean anything. That it was on the way. I asked for a railcar # and was told they just weren't updated. It's most likely a stall....
Old 04-05-2004, 08:16 PM

My truck was built on March 12, sat at plant till March 31( 19 days). Today(March 5), Insight said it reached Port Allen(2 1/2 hour drive from my house) and was unloaded from rail car. Thats only 5 days on the train. I guess I'll be getting the phone call I've been waiting for since Feb 16.
Old 04-05-2004, 08:45 PM

Hey Neil,

Mine is on the train in El Paso. It took 4-5 days to go 600 miles from Laredo. About 1200 miles to go to Benicia. UPRR's ETA in Benicia has been 4/10, 4/9, 4/11, and back to 4/10. They need some CTD powered engines to get here on time.

Rick
Old 04-06-2004, 12:08 AM

I recieved my von on 2-16. The truck went to D1 staus on 3-26 and has not moved since. When I called today they said they should begin buidling the truck on 4-10. I am hoping to take delivery some time in April. I will not be ordring a truck from Dodge again. If they do not have what I want I will look else where. This type of complacency is why Dodge had to be bailed out in the past. Japan is breathing down their necks and they do not even see it coming, again. They have have started building full size half tons and it is just a matter of time before they have a heavy duty product to offer. I bet it will not take them three months to get started on building truck. Wake up Dodge.

Gary Brady
Old 04-06-2004, 11:12 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Japan is breathing down their necks and they do not even see it coming, again. They have have started building full size half tons and it is just a matter of time before they have a heavy duty product to offer. I bet it will not take them three months to get started on building truck. Wake up Dodge.
Hmmmmm . . . a Cummins in a Tundra . . . where do I sign up?

Neil
Old 04-06-2004, 11:15 AM

While all "Big Three" manufacturers make a good truck, they all have their "quirks" and problems (truth be told, so do the Japanese manufacturers).

However, if Honda, Toyota, or Nissan ever built and marketed a 3/4 or 1-ton HD truck with a powerful diesel, and heavy built like our trucks are (axles, t-case, etc.) I think you would see a MASS exodus of the demographic buying these trucks, over to the "other side".

Just my opinion, yours may differ.
Old 04-06-2004, 07:17 PM

Ohhh They're commin !!

Having spent 9 years in manufacturing, overseas. In particular, Japan, Taiwan, China, Malaysia, and Singapore. And some time in Mexico as well. I can assure you all that the foreign manufacturers are well aware of the profit margins in the big trucks and if they have the resources and the proper planning in place they will "come ashore" but not before. They're much better planners, much better at executing to plan, and much better and debugging, and modyfing a process that isn't providing the proper results.

Quite fankly, we suck, at it. Sad but it's true. And it scares the hell out of me.

The big three are also aware that they're at risk and the implications of what life will be for them once this starts.

But it will, it's one of the safest bets I can think of.
Old 04-07-2004, 07:16 PM

When Toyota makes a 1 Ton DRW Heavy Duty with a good diesel......Bye Bye Dodge......hello Toyota, but not before.
Old 04-07-2004, 08:41 PM

Has anyone on here ever ordered a Japanese car? I think it is a long wait if you can order at all. Also can you get a manual transmission in a Titan? I don't think so. Even though they are very well made and very reliable, I don't think you have as many options as to how to configure your truck. On foreign cars, I've always taken what I could find. Searched all dealers in the Bay Area for '85 Volvo 745 wagon with 4 cylinder and manual trans. I would buy off the lot but what I ordered is not available in this state.
Old 04-13-2004, 11:09 PM

AND NOW the dreaded QC hold !!!!

Today they finally tell me that my trucks not moving outta the plant cause they've got quality issues. They can't tell me what kinda issues. Just that no 3500s are moving. Has anyone heard anything on this one ???

This is a work truck and I can't sit too much longer on this.....
and especially if I may have to deal with some "issues" or latent manufacturing problems.

Darn, I really needed that truck !!
Old 04-14-2004, 09:17 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by Gary Brady
I recieved my von on 2-16. The truck went to D1 staus on 3-26 and has not moved since. When I called today they said they should begin buidling the truck on 4-10. I am hoping to take delivery some time in April.
This might be a little optomistic! Mine was built on 2/19 and KZ on 2/26. It JUST arrived in the Port of Baltimore which it may still sit for up to 4 weeks or so. I checked other trucks my dealer ordered and I see some that arrived on 3/18 still sitting there.

Yes.....I will also NEVER order another DC product again!

Good Luck with yours Gary!
Old 04-14-2004, 10:17 AM

NJ -

You need to click on the actual truck to see if it is delivered. For instance, my ordered truck still shows "at ramp". If you click on it, on go to the actual screen, it shows "special order to move" on 4/2. However, some of my dealers trucks that were at ramp on 3/18 ARE still there.

Like I said, I really do think there is SOME issue with the port - security, customs, something.
Old 04-14-2004, 10:29 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by wexman
NJ -

You need to click on the actual truck to see if it is delivered. For instance, my ordered truck still shows "at ramp". If you click on it, on go to the actual screen, it shows "special order to move" on 4/2. However, some of my dealers trucks that were at ramp on 3/18 ARE still there.
Yep...been doing that! My dealer has 2 trucks from 3/18, 1 from 4/2 and 2 from 4/11 waiting at the Port to be deliverred. Every truck now shows NO ETA in the DEALER DELIVERY ETA field. The 2 from 3/18 are overdue! My dealer is a small dealer so I'd know if these trucks were deliverred and they weren't. Also, they are for stock not sold vehicles (except the 4/11 which is mine and another guys)

I agree...something is holding them up 'cause I've seen prior trucks get delivered to my dealer within a week of getting to Port!

Quick Reply: Long siesta in Saltillo . . .