3rd Generation Ram - Non Drivetrain - All Years Talk about the 2003 and up Dodge Ram here. PLEASE, NO ENGINE OR DRIVETRAIN DISCUSSION!.

Left Turn signal going out on and off not a constant issue BUT ANNOYING!

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2012, 12:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Left Turn signal going out on and off not a constant issue BUT ANNOYING!

Like the title says The Left Turn signal on our 2005 Dodge Ram (W/Cummins) keeps going out on and off not a constant issue but has been out for a day then back for a trip to the store and then hit a bump or 2 and BAM! Its out again and the freaking light on the dash and ding ding bell going to let you know its out. ITS GETTING VERY ANNOYING!

I checked the bulb and its in the socket tight and not moving at all. Looked at the wires and non are scuffed or damaged. There was some dirt around the socket in back of the light at the wires so I cleaned it all out good and still same crap.

Now Im wondering if its not the Turn lever in the truck because the wipers have started to just go when ever they feel like it. This is my 2nd dodge and Im pretty much done with them as my other one got sold for all the same light and electrical issue crap.

Any advice on this would be great I need to get it fixed before I go nuts!
Old 02-10-2012, 12:40 PM

I haven't had this problem, but I just recieved a letter in the mail a few days ago from Dodge saying that if I had this same problem to take it to the dealership and they would fix it.
Old 02-10-2012, 12:41 PM
With age comes the cage

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Sounds like the multifunction switch, as I recall the are less then $100 and you can change it yourself. Do a search on "multifunction switch"
Old 02-10-2012, 12:44 PM

Originally Posted by Colo_River_Ram
Sounds like the multifunction switch, as I recall the are less then $100 and you can change it yourself. Do a search on "multifunction switch"
Really! Can I get a copy of that letter ??? I have not gotten any thing but we did purchase this truck used from a FORD dealer lol. Need to do some thing as its driving me a bit batty now I just got home and I have no left front signal when I need it and the cops in our area are not kind to people who dont use singles even though I am
Old 02-10-2012, 12:47 PM

Just got a notification from Chrysler that the warranty on the turn signal switch on my truck has been extended to 10years/150,000miles. Seems like the TS switch may make the interior and exterior lights flash in the opposite direction. Maybe it causes other issues???????????

They ID'd the truck by VIN and included a reimbursement form if you have the switch replaced other than at a dealer.
Old 02-10-2012, 12:49 PM
With age comes the cage

Go here and type in your vin it should show up if it affects your truck:

https://owners.ramtrucks.com/sub/Pag...52F&Source=%2F
Old 02-10-2012, 12:50 PM

Just did a search for the multifunction switch and came back with nothing but a bunch of switch issues most dont relate. But did find another post about a recall but you had to have a Notice or some thing to get fixed. I dont want to pay a dealer to fix this I know its like $85 per hour for that one!
Old 02-10-2012, 12:58 PM
With age comes the cage

https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/...archid=4936083
Old 02-10-2012, 06:26 PM

Go here and type in your vin it should show up if it affects your truck:

https://owners.ramtrucks.com/sub/Pag...52F&Source=%2F
Ok I just went and entered all the info created an account and got nothing in the way of Recall info Am I missing some thing here???
Old 02-10-2012, 06:27 PM

Here is the answer I got when I clicked on your link

"Sorry - no matches. Please try some different terms"

I give maybe gods telling me to off this thing
Old 02-10-2012, 06:34 PM

I think the extended warranty for the multi function switch is for the 2006 model year.
Old 02-10-2012, 06:39 PM

Originally Posted by ColinP
I think the extended warranty for the multi function switch is for the 2006 model year.
lol just my luck too. ITs really bad today Anyone know where this "Switch is located and or what it looks like to I can replace it. Its like -10 out right now here and I dont want to be out side for very long without gloves on.
Old 02-10-2012, 06:54 PM

if its the rear replace the bulbs they get worn and do that be sure to get the bulbs with the glass base
Old 02-10-2012, 07:01 PM

Originally Posted by booman70
if its the rear replace the bulbs they get worn and do that be sure to get the bulbs with the glass base
Its the Front Left Turn Bulb the running light part is fine and when it wants to the flasher also works but right now its about 80% not 20% is and its getting worse by the day.
Old 02-10-2012, 07:19 PM
There is no G. There is no G. Repeat after me, THERE IS NO G!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Multifunction switch. Just got a letter this week that my 2006 truck is covered on an extended warranty, 10yrs or 150k, whichever comes first. I can take it in or if I've already replaced it, fill out the form for reimbursement.

I've opened it up before but couldn't get the the switch to pop off the column. I have had trouble with it. Might just take the truck in to let them switch it out now.

Quick Reply: Left Turn signal going out on and off not a constant issue BUT ANNOYING!