3rd Generation Ram - Non Drivetrain - All Years Talk about the 2003 and up Dodge Ram here. PLEASE, NO ENGINE OR DRIVETRAIN DISCUSSION!.

intake heater code?

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2007, 11:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
intake heater code?

It is now colder in the am so when I go start my truck up I let the glow plug light come on until it goes off then start up my truck all runs fine but my cel stays on. so I got my smarty and it is a p2609 code that says NO VOLTAGE DROP TO INTAKE HEATER. I am just wondering if anyone has had this problem? And if so is there a fuse to check or something, I tried to look but couldnt find one for it. so I made an appointment to bring it to the dealership cuz it is still under warranty. but If I can fix it myself I will. once I turn off the cel it wont come on all day unless it sits long enough to get cold again. any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Michael
Old 11-28-2007, 07:27 AM

I had that code a week ago. Set off the Check Gauges light. There was another code also, P0071 which is the Inlet Air Temp Rationality. I too waited to start my truck until the Wait To Start Light went out. Also, the heaters were working just fine, saw the electrical draw taking place after start up, in fact the idle bumped up to 1K automatically due to the cold. It took about 8-10 Key Starts and then the Check Gauges Light went out.

We normally do not have a lot of humidity in my area, the night before and that morning we were socked in with dense fog and had one of the worst frosts I have ever seen, I think that the frost/humidity/cold caused the trucks electronics to disfunction in the overall. My overhead also read -40 and took some time to actually get to a normal reading.

After calling my dealership AND reading the TSB list, there is actually a flash that relates to this code and the others I have had that needs to be done. This is the second time I had the P2609, they just cleared it along with the P0191 the last time. By getting the third code, P0071, that's what put the need for the TSB to be done. You will probably be like me, have the code repeatedly, have a few more with it the next time, an then at some point wrack up enough codes for them to figure out what TSB needs done. Actually, they still had no clue when I called, I told them.

CD
Old 11-28-2007, 09:30 AM
Chapter President

Location: misplaced Idahoan stuck in Albuquerque, Roughneckin on RIG 270
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
ihad that code after i installed the bodylift. the grid heater is grounded thru the gaskets and the ones that came in the kit were not metalic based. i know you don't have a bodylift (at least your sig does not say so) but might be a bad ground? Just a thought

GOOD HAVING LUNCH WITH YOU GUYS YESTERDAY CAROL!!
Old 11-28-2007, 12:03 PM

thanks for the reply. I am going to take it in to the dealership if this keeps up. Like I said it is under warranty, I just dont like the dealership here. I Like doing the work to my truck myself because I trust myself you know. I just dont know what to do on this one. Thanks for the input though.
Old 11-28-2007, 02:34 PM

mm73.

I know what you mean about taking your truck to the dealership, I have avoided them as well. I too do everything to my truck, at least I know how something gets done. I am only going there because they will just flash all the latest software and be done with it. Since I have an early 2006 there probably have been a ton of changes along the way, might as well get all the latest FOR FREE under the warranty.

cbrahs.

HEY CHRIS - It was nice to get together for lunch yesterday, again, THANK YOU. I will get all that stuff together later on today for you that we discussed. By the way, the DYNO DAY is on the 8th of December, NMTDR is the sponsor, it's at a Performance shop up in Rio Rancho, I'll get those details for you as well. If we don't get a snow storm I plan on taking a trip up for it. Maybe I'll even get the truck washed and cleaned out!!!! It was late last night when I finally got home, and all the stuff unloaded out of the cab, we added more after I saw you, filled it to the top. REAL avalanche then when you opened the doors. The 26 bags of grain, shelving, etc in the bed were what did me in though.

CD