3rd Generation Ram - Non Drivetrain - All Years Talk about the 2003 and up Dodge Ram here. PLEASE, NO ENGINE OR DRIVETRAIN DISCUSSION!.

Incentives going into March

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2003, 10:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Incentives going into March

Based on what I'm reading dodge is really hurting for sales. My bet is on dodge to be really agressive with incentives going into March due to many sale declines. Here is an interesting article on dodge's market postion in sales. I told my dealer I am waiting till March even if my truck comes in before the 28th. I am already locked in on the incentives and can only go forward from here. <br><br><br>http://www.auto.com/industry/sales4_20030204.htm<br><br>What do you think dodge is going to do. My guess is low financing or $2500-$3500 cash back. We will see. :
Old 02-20-2003, 09:11 AM

Re:Incentives going into March

TON4FUN,<br>You will be playing Russian roulette as to the rebates and incentives. It has been discussed many times here that you are only eligible for the rebates and incentives that are in effect at the time you take delivery and not what they were when you ordered. Personally, I agree with you and think they will meet or be better than they currently are.
Old 02-20-2003, 10:24 AM

Thats not what my dealer told me. They said I am locked in on the rebates even at order. I'm holding them to it, even got it in writing. I can't see anything better than writing on company letter head.
Old 02-20-2003, 10:31 AM

You are correct Mark, you get what was there at the time you ordered. Or if it gets better you get the better of the two. However, there is a rule that you must take delivery within 5 days of when the truck arrives at your dealer. After that, your rolling the dice my friend : Since we are at $1500 right now, I don't know how much more your going to see. As a dealer, take it from me, I don't think there gonna go any higher on the HD's. If we see anything, it might go $500 more, but that is it. Sorry to rain on your parade :'( :'( :'(
Old 02-20-2003, 11:11 AM

Luke,<br>Would $5-6000 dollars off MSRP be about right for a new truck? Then do you take off the incentives? I'm thinking about getting one soon. Thanks.
Old 02-20-2003, 12:17 PM

It depends on what kind of truck your wanting. The more expensive the truck, the more you can take off. A dakota base model has less than $1000 mark up, as do many of our vehicles. A 40K truck can have $3500-$4500 fron sticker to invoice. A new Jeep wrangler base model has less than $400 mark up :'( :'( :'(
Old 02-20-2003, 01:04 PM

I'm getting $2000.00 not $1500.00 I must be in a different region than you my friend, check rebates for my zip 64034. Yes the dealer did bring the five day issue to my attention and I brought my trip to Daytona to theres and told them if the truck was not here 3 days prior to my trip then I will not be able to take delivery till I get back, I won't be able to break the new truck in that fast, plain and simple, they agreed and told me they would give me the rebates back on my trade if they had to just to keep the deal straight. I made them feel really bad about my whole truck issues and they are willing to work with me to make it right. I gotta say they are one hell of a dealer.
Old 02-20-2003, 06:31 PM

You are eligible for a rebate if you make the dealer put it on the order form. In addition, make the dealer note that any increases in rebates will be passed on to the consumer.
Old 02-22-2003, 10:13 PM

Luke,<br><br>When I ordered my truck I am sure that I asked about incentives and was told that I would get whatever was the best offer from the day I ordered to the day I took delivery. When I called my dealer this week he told me that I only get what is in effect and the time of delivery. This was an important issue for me when I ordered and now it looks like something else is happening. <br><br>To positively clarify it for me please confirm that no matter when you buy the rule is that you get the best incentive weather it be when you ordered or when you take delivery. If my dealer say's no, you only get what is available at the time of deliver what do I say to him. Can I tell him I insist on the better of the two and he can check with DC and will find out I am right. I expect to take delivery the first week in March so this issue is of great interest to me. <br><br>Thanks.
Old 02-22-2003, 11:21 PM

I thought as far as all of the manufacturers were concerned, you get what is given at delivery. Any other deal would have to be made up for by the dealer themselves.

My dealer also told me I'd get the better of the two, but I bet if I ordered and DC dropped incentives they would try to wiggle out of it with a &quot;Sorry, our mistake&quot;. How many people get that in writing when they order? The dealers are probably just banking on the incentives at least staying the same givent the current market.

Of course, maybe DC has a different policy and will honor the old incentives but I would be surprised about that.
Old 02-22-2003, 11:31 PM

everyone indoubt go back and read Luke's post..it is dead accurate. Also, if the dealer doesn't report it sold in 5 business days, he gets any price increases that may have occured from the time he ordered it....you guys don't know when ya got it good..up here in Canada we get zippo for rebates on a H.D.
Old 02-23-2003, 11:28 AM

I was told by DC customer service that you are only eligible for the rebates and incentives that are in place when you take delivery of your truck. I missed out on the extra $500.00 Holiday bonus by appx. 5 days. According to others, perhaps DC customer service is giving the wrong answer or possibly the dealers are doing this on their own. If you get the deal in writing when you order, you should be covered.
Old 02-23-2003, 12:17 PM

Oops...forgot to mention that.....sometimes when DC comes out with special Holiday perks or the like, you have to take delivery by the cut off date to qualify for them, and they do not have order protection. But most rebates, interest rates, lease rates etc, ARE order protected and you are sure to get them at delivery unless the rebate/interest rate has improved, then you get the better. I imagine it is the same in the USA, where as the rates are only protected 60 days from the date of the credit application. If in doubt, ask your dealer to show you the program rules for the rebate in question. That will answer it for sure.
Old 02-23-2003, 08:35 PM

Just an update on MSRP v. Invoice. On my truck, MSRP was $37.6K and invoice was $32.6K a $5000 increase. On top of all that, you can take into account the dealer holdback, which for Dodge is 3% of the total MSRP. That was about $1050 on my truck. Just another bargaining tip someone about to buy might want to know.<br><br>-SFB
Old 02-25-2003, 07:13 PM

Ok, I called DC customer service and then my dealer. DC service rep said that you get the rebates/incentives that were in effect at the time of ordering or the rebates/incentives that are in effect at the time of delivery, which ever is higher. (This would exclude special limited time offers that have expiration dates.) I asked again if what she stated was correct because dealer said only what is in effect at time of delivery. She told me to have dealer call her because what she said is absolutely correct and nothing else is true. <br><br>Next I called dealer and asked same question. He said only what is in effect at time of delivery. I said I just talked to customer service and they said what was detailed above and that he would have to call them if he thought differently. He said he meant that I would get what was available at time of delivery because it is higher than when I ordered so I guess I misunderstood him the last time we talked. <br><br>My truck will come in a week or so into March so I'm waiting to see what happens. I believe the incentives will stay the same or go up but not go down. Time will tell. Right now in my area it is at $1,500.00.

Quick Reply: Incentives going into March