3rd Generation Ram - Non Drivetrain - All Years Talk about the 2003 and up Dodge Ram here. PLEASE, NO ENGINE OR DRIVETRAIN DISCUSSION!.

Friends and family discount?

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2002, 10:36 PM
jet

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Friends and family discount?

Anyone use this and does it get you invoice? I've got an authorization code but am not sure to spring it on my salesman yet.
Old 11-15-2002, 07:02 AM

Re:Friends and family discount?

Jet,<br> I got the discount based on where I work (Lockheed Martin). The first dearship (very large) I went to declined to honor the certificate. He said it was his option to honor it or not Second dealer (much smaller) was much more receptive and took the certificate without question. Price was as stated by www.dc-rewards.com. The only negociation was on the value of my trade in. They made an offer of a couple hundred less than what KBB said it should be but close enough for me. All in all, a very professional transaction. Be upfront with the dealer and go from there. Good Luck ;D<br><br>The Boss Hog
Old 11-15-2002, 08:02 AM

In my search for a Dodge truck, I found that I didn't need a F&amp;F code to get invoice. I didn't realize Dodge had a F&amp;F plan. I never even thought of calling my cousins/friends in Detroit who work for Dodge to see if they could help me out. I did talk to my Ford bud's though.<br><br>What is the resistance to &quot;springing&quot; it on the dealer? Either they honor it or not. If not, move on to the next.<br>
Old 11-15-2002, 09:04 AM

I honor the F&amp;F program and actually it permits you to buy at 1% under invoice+a $25 fee. Probably 20% of the new vehicles I sell are sold via the F&amp;F program because we have the St.Louis truck and van plant just 60 miles from our dealership so I get a lot of F&amp;F people. Doesn't really bother me, a sale is a sale. Sure I'd like to make more profit but I take what I can get.
Old 11-15-2002, 12:43 PM

So Luke what kind of pricing do you offer to somebody off the street?

I am from Wisconsin and interested in replacing my 96 (gas) with a 03 (diesel) but am having a hard time getting *near* invoice pricing. I am willing to travel to get a fair price.

Dan