3rd Generation Ram - Non Drivetrain - All Years Talk about the 2003 and up Dodge Ram here. PLEASE, NO ENGINE OR DRIVETRAIN DISCUSSION!.

Door panel sqeak when cold

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2009, 05:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Door panel sqeak when cold

Does anyone else have this problem with the plastic panels on the doors? Mine is out of warranty and it's been doing it for a while and mostly when it's cold. Does the temp effect the plastic causing it to shrink or expand that may be the problem?
Old 01-14-2009, 06:48 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Gbuilders
Does anyone else have this problem with the plastic panels on the doors? Mine is out of warranty and it's been doing it for a while and mostly when it's cold. Does the temp effect the plastic causing it to shrink or expand that may be the problem?
Mine does the same thing, passenger door. All summer it's fine, never hear it, winter comes and it squeaks and creaks over every bump. I've tightened it up, but still does it.

I think I remember a thread on here a year or two ago about taking it off and looking at it. I think it has rubber feet on it that get smashed down or rubbed off and then the panel itself rides on the door. I've been too lazy to take it off. I did take it to the dealer and they of course said they couldn't reproduce the problem.
Old 01-14-2009, 07:37 PM

It was 8* here today. My whole truck creaked and rattled when I left work. After the interior warmed up it was quiet again. Plastic will do that.
Old 01-14-2009, 07:51 PM

YES!!! My passenger door squeaks like mad until it gets warmed up.With that being said you can hardly notice it over the wind noise!
I will be fixing the door as soon as I can. It squeaks right where the outside lip meets the door. It should be an easy fix. I plan on using the fuzzy half of some Velcro to fix it. I think I can loosen the panel and position the "fuzzy" pieces of Velcro so that the panel will rub on it rather than on the bare paint. I'm pretty sure I can even do it without the Velcro being seen or at least not noticeable.
I'm still under warranty but I don't let the dealer touch my truck unless it's something major and even then I cringe!
Old 01-14-2009, 08:03 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Dude....same problem... Everything makes noise and it drives me nuts... I am so **** about noises.. Now I got a wind noise issue on the drivers door too.. Starting to tick me off... That and the 1/8" buildup of salt is starting to get to me too... I hate winter..lol
Old 01-15-2009, 07:10 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Spray silicon lube between the door panel and frame should help with the noise.

MikeyB
Old 01-15-2009, 07:41 AM

Originally Posted by MikeyB
Spray silicon lube between the door panel and frame should help with the noise.

MikeyB
Good idea MikeyB, I might try that first.
Old 01-15-2009, 08:41 AM

Originally Posted by hivoltage
Good idea MikeyB, I might try that first.
My squeak is where the upper and middle plastic comes together. Will the silicone spray effect the plastic?