3rd Generation Ram - Non Drivetrain - All Years Talk about the 2003 and up Dodge Ram here. PLEASE, NO ENGINE OR DRIVETRAIN DISCUSSION!.
View Poll Results: What level of education have you completed?
Graduate School (MS/MA/MBA, Phd etc.)
9.17%
College Graduate (BS, BA, etc.)
30.00%
Technical School (AAS, etc.)
31.67%
High School/GED
25.83%
Did not complete High School/GED
3.33%
Voters: 240. You may not vote on this poll

Dodge- Official Truck of the American Redneck?

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2006, 01:19 PM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Dodge- Official Truck of the American Redneck?

I'm going to take some flak for this, I know. But there seems to be a perception out there that Dodges are primarily owned by rednecks.

Maybe it's marketing (the Hemi commercials and the fact that Dodge is a major rodeo sponsor), I don't know.

Not to equate lack of education with being a redneck, but I'm not sure how else to quantify it. So here's the poll 3rd gen owners:

How schooled are you? (school of hard knocks doesn't count).

P.S. Nothing wrong with being a redneck. I've been labeled one myself on occasion, and didn't take it as an insult!
Old 08-24-2006, 01:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Another poll that equates education with intelligence. The two are NOT one and the same. Remember C's get degrees. There's alot to be said for intelligence, common sense and experience that may not be possessed by someone with a degree. Sorry to rant but I was just demoted from a job I worked for years to obtain because the city I work at has now decided you need a BA or BS for it .
Old 08-24-2006, 01:52 PM
Banned

I am a redneck, I am a redneck, and I love being one. Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Old 08-24-2006, 02:13 PM

Is being a redneck and educated mutually exclusive? I have a BS in Computer Science and always thought of myself as a high-tech redneck.
Old 08-24-2006, 02:59 PM

Quit college after flunking a class I missed because of a business trip...never wanted to go anyway, but figured I might as well shut my mother up. Dad thought the same

I'm a redneck, and proud of it...and while I might not be "educated" I do OK for myself!

Chris
Old 08-24-2006, 03:05 PM

What if you're less than the GED one?
Old 08-24-2006, 04:14 PM
Chapter President

You should've put on there 2 year college /Assosciates. That's where I'm at so far.
Old 08-24-2006, 04:22 PM

More of a hilbilly than a red neck

I have been called a red neck a few times, but I am more of a hillbilly. (I do have all of my teeth fully intact though) I only have about 20-30 college hours, but I know if I transfer military time to college credit, I shoudn't be to far at least from an associates degree.
Old 08-24-2006, 04:38 PM

Originally Posted by drakeslayer
Another poll that equates education with intelligence. The two are NOT one and the same.
I certainly didn't mean say that...and I certainly don't believe it.

I'm just wondering how Dodge's marketing is playing out. IMHO, GMC seems to target the "professional grade" (Dr., Laywers, Engineers?). Ford and Chevy cater to the blue collar "average joe" type with cowboy and construction ads and stuff. Dodge does some of that too, but they're most memorable for the Hemi campaign (Redneck) and Paul Bunyan (Redneck/Outdoorsman) not to mention NFRA sponsorship (Cowboy/Redneck).

I'm guessing that I'm like many of you, I don't care about the stupid ads- just give me a truck with bullet proof, efficient, powerhouse of an engine, great warranty (sigh, thing of the past...) and a relatively lower price, decent ground clearance and lastly, great looks.
Old 08-24-2006, 04:39 PM

Originally Posted by Duallydog
You should've put on there 2 year college /Assosciates. That's where I'm at so far.

That's included in the Tech School response (A.A.S. = Associates of Applied Science).
Old 08-24-2006, 04:49 PM
Chapter President

Ohh. I didn't think Howard would count as a tech school.
Old 08-24-2006, 04:54 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Born and raised in Texas, had a couple of night school classes at UH before draft notice in '65. Went to vocational school for Computer Operations/Programming in '74 with VA benefit while running icehouse and tending bar in a real Houston north side redneck bar. Been in the computer programming and communications since '75. Make a 6 figure salary now and still spend more money on my truck, fishing, hunting, women and booze than I make. Always had a truck and a dog, probably the only two consistent things I've owned over the last 50 years or so.

Still prefer ice house over any other place to drink. Hank Williams is my favorite singer. Redneck is a compliment compared to a few other things I have been labled over the years.
Old 08-24-2006, 04:58 PM

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Say what you want to, but I believe that most middle class american males are rednecks. My friends, coworkers, and myself just happen to be some of the bigger rednecks. I don't see anything wrong with being a redneck.
Old 08-24-2006, 05:13 PM

I purfur hillbillee, meself!
Old 08-24-2006, 05:20 PM

I feel I'm a redneck but not sure I'm qualified. I have all my teeth, if my porch fell it would only kill 4 dogs not 10, I don't have the working 20" tv on top of the nonworking 25" console and I don't go to family reunions to pick up women. However I have been known to hang my waders on the front porch to dry, lay all my duck decoys out on the front yard to wash them and my last truck had so many hunting stickers on the back window you could barely see out.

Quick Reply: Dodge- Official Truck of the American Redneck?