3rd Generation Ram - Non Drivetrain - All Years Talk about the 2003 and up Dodge Ram here. PLEASE, NO ENGINE OR DRIVETRAIN DISCUSSION!.

Dodge dashes!

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2008, 07:57 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by tcr
Do I see Walmart gear oil on the shelf????
Yep, that's for the ATV.

Haven't noticed any difference in reception with the mat covering the antenna.

MikeyB
Old 10-08-2008, 08:10 AM
tcr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by CowboyDave
What number did you call? I need a new dash as well.
I called 1-800-992-1997, it will cost you a few calls and a visit to your dealer for their verification. I'll let you guys know how it turns out tonight as my truck is in right now. I just hope I don't end up w/ rattles and A/C problems like I did last time they had the dash out.
One thing that has me puzzled is EVERYONE w/ Dodge and DC kept trying to make sure I am the original owner of the truck, which I am(I ordered the darn thing). Leads me to believe they might give you trouble if your not the original owner, but I don't know.
Old 10-08-2008, 02:52 PM
tcr

OMG, whoever said this was an easy job was nutz, my dash is COMPLETELY apart, nothing but a skeleton
Old 10-08-2008, 04:44 PM
Chapter President

Man thats not good, Im the second owner. So are you getting a freebie or pro rated?
Old 10-08-2008, 07:43 PM
tcr

Originally Posted by CowboyDave
Man thats not good, Im the second owner. So are you getting a freebie or pro rated?
It's a freebie w/ deductible. I'm not saying it won't be good for 2nd owners, but they just kept asking if I was the original owner???
Old 10-11-2008, 03:05 PM
tcr

Holy crap!, 2 days; well the job is done and for the most part the dealer did ok. Some how the a/c didn't make out too good. Some door and damper parts got broke in the process but the dealer took very good care of me! For everyone w/ cracked dashes give Dodge a call. ALSO I HAVE THE MOLDED ABS DASH COVER FOR 03-05 MODELS IF ANYONE NEEDS ONE.
Old 10-16-2008, 05:40 PM

http://protectall.com/

Anyone ever use or hear of this stuff?

I found it for 2.89 at Wally World...

Figured it was worth a try...
Old 10-24-2008, 09:29 PM

"There is a a reason why Dodge is "lower priced"."
The above was posted on page two.

I need to make a comment because it struck a nerve.

Sorry...need a little more data for that statement.
I have driven, and purchased, all of the big three diesels for the past twenty years. The statement of a Dodge Cummins Truck is "lower priced" is a little hard to swallow in my experience. Need data to support the statement. I have shopped, not the case. You get what you pay for when shopping for drivetrains.

You should see my dash, looks like an earthquake erupted?
I have a piece, from my dash, in the center console, too big for the ash tray.

I have a 1992 Jeep Cherokee and a 1988 Ford F250 diesel with no dash problems. Both dashes have survived the local elements....not one crack?

Scott
Old 10-25-2008, 01:50 AM

Mine cracked. I went nuts. Called my DC inside friend and he arranged a replacement for $400, he would pick up the other $550. I just bought a Ultimat instead for about $40. I kind of like it. I just didn't want some guy completly taking the dash apart. I plan on keeping the truck several more years so when I sell it the dash won't really be an issue. If it cracks more I'll just get out the JB weld. I told DC they should be ashamed of this dash issue. How many years have they been building trucks? If they go BK it will be for things like this and their attitude toward the customer about it.
Old 10-25-2008, 07:15 AM

I've not had any dealings with Ford products.Nor much with late model G.M.s But I do have to mention that Dodge trucks are lower priced.At least the times I do shop and look.The G.M. vehicles when I was involved with them had a air of CHEAPNESS about them.Lots of G.M.engineering was pretty high tech but their products showed a LOT of areas of just plain cheapness.Fit and finish were always also poorer then Chrysler products.Majority of fit and finish warranty claims were G.M. not Chrysler products.My 1998 1500 the dash looks good.It does have a dash mat but didn't for years.Rest of interior looks good and its never been under cover.Always outside.Paint looks GREAT.I get a LOT of inquiries and compliments on the shine etc.Asked a lot what I use on it.We'll in two years at least I have used NOTHING.I keep it clean.Clean even means bristle type car washes also.I think its a little dull compared to 8 years ago etc.Overall its been a fine product.Most of the others I see that are near plus or - the same age don't look so good.Is it my truck or how I use and take care of it? I was shocked daily back when I worked in a dealer at how poor and in such a short time some vehicles looked.
Old 10-25-2008, 10:10 AM
tcr

Originally Posted by Highway 4x4
Mine cracked. I went nuts. Called my DC inside friend and he arranged a replacement for $400, he would pick up the other $550. I just bought a Ultimat instead for about $40. I kind of like it. I just didn't want some guy completly taking the dash apart. I plan on keeping the truck several more years so when I sell it the dash won't really be an issue. If it cracks more I'll just get out the JB weld. I told DC they should be ashamed of this dash issue. How many years have they been building trucks? If they go BK it will be for things like this and their attitude toward the customer about it.
You shouldn't have to pay 400.00, I payed just the deductable and I have no warranty at 135,000. Put more pressure on DC. I think your making it worse if you allow them to get by w/out replacing these dashes that are falling apart. My dash had a 3" by 6" piece falling off of it and at least 5 total cracks.
Old 10-25-2008, 10:15 AM

Plus there not that big a deal to replace.If a tech has done one or two it ought to go pretty quick.Couple of hours.Worse thing is any other plastic stuff breaking.Hey then you can get them to check the blend/recir doors that break.
Old 10-27-2008, 03:16 PM
"California Style"

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by Scottie250
"There is a a reason why Dodge is "lower priced"."
The above was posted on page two.

I need to make a comment because it struck a nerve.

Sorry...need a little more data for that statement.
I have driven, and purchased, all of the big three diesels for the past twenty years. The statement of a Dodge Cummins Truck is "lower priced" is a little hard to swallow in my experience. Need data to support the statement. I have shopped, not the case. You get what you pay for when shopping for drivetrains.

You should see my dash, looks like an earthquake erupted?
I have a piece, from my dash, in the center console, too big for the ash tray.

I have a 1992 Jeep Cherokee and a 1988 Ford F250 diesel with no dash problems. Both dashes have survived the local elements....not one crack?

Scott
That was in reference to the wrapper they put that nice drivetrain in... The packing is cheap because the drivetrain contents aren't.
Old 10-28-2008, 08:51 PM

Lightbulb

Originally Posted by mega-engr
That was in reference to the wrapper they put that nice drivetrain in... The packing is cheap because the drivetrain contents aren't.
I agree.
Sorry for the misunderstanding.
When I saw Dodge, I saw the whole package.
Old 12-01-2008, 11:02 PM

I started the process of getting a dash out of DC today. Called India and talked to a few guys that spoke perfect english. Then they transfered me to a lady here in the US who told me that the dash is not covered by the extended 100K/7year warranty that I purchased at the time I bought the truck for many dollars. Took it over to the local dealership who were very nice about the whole thing. They noted it and I guess I will be contacted soon. I expect to pay the $100 deductable and nothing more, I think DC has other plans. I was told the part is $700+!!! That's their problem, they could have put a dash in them that does not crack in a few years. I will follow up on this as things play out.

Quick Reply: Dodge dashes!