3rd Generation Ram - Non Drivetrain - All Years Talk about the 2003 and up Dodge Ram here. PLEASE, NO ENGINE OR DRIVETRAIN DISCUSSION!.

blower motor question...blend doors

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2013, 08:54 PM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
blower motor question...blend doors

The blower motor in my truck will not blow any air on the lowest setting. Is this the sign of a blower motor failing or would this be a switch problem...and how should I trouble shoot to determine what the solution is?

In addition to this, I have heat from the floor no matter what setting I have it set on. I also have loud clicking when the blend doors are moving when I change air flow direction.

What is/are the part numbers for the complete upgraded steel blend door kit and where can I order this kit?

Thanks in advance...always appreciated and glad I can source good solutions on this site.

Old 02-19-2013, 09:21 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I'd go with Heater Treater" http://www.heatertreater.net/index.html which is what I believe everyone else used. I also used them. I just replaced my blower motor. They don't cost much to replace at all. Check out this thread for more info about the A/C unit. https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/...d-t210483.html
Old 02-19-2013, 09:35 PM
Administrator/Jarhead

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
If you turn your blower all the way up and have air coming out of your vents, it's not the recirculation door... when that breaks, it covers the path for the air flow.

If it's just one speed that isn't working, I'd be looking at the panel. Do you hear anything when you turn it on low?
Old 02-20-2013, 05:45 AM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
I still get airflow but nothing for air movement if fan is on low...same as off.
Any other fan speed position works normal.
When I switch from defrost to any other position there is/are a few clunks inside the dash as it moves to that position. The floor stays on all the time and this last trip it was always blowing warm air.

Sounds like I need to do the doors and maybe fan and switch.

Thanks!
Old 02-20-2013, 08:09 AM
"How in the heck do I change the phrase in between my user name and avatar?"

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Definitely go with the Heater Treaters.....you won't be disappointed!! It is a time consuming job to change them out, if you do it the right way. They will tell you that you "can" pull the dash out, or you "can" cut the HVAC box to do the install.....don't do that, PLEASE? Take your time and make sure it's done right, I can't stand a hack job. Just my opinion.

As far as the clunking and air only coming out of one setting.....door stops are broken. The fan issue, I've found that for some reason, seems common to '07 MY control head. I've replaced several of them for friends who said "my AC won't come on", "my fan won't blow", "sometimes it works, sometimes it won't." About $150 to fix it. Might see if Rock Auto stocks them, generally they're a bit cheper.