3rd Generation Ram - Non Drivetrain - All Years Talk about the 2003 and up Dodge Ram here. PLEASE, NO ENGINE OR DRIVETRAIN DISCUSSION!.

Best compliment?

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2004, 07:21 PM
Administrator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
What do people say about your truck?

I've heard everything from really cool to disgustingly noisy, and it stinks. "I'll never have one of those for that noise reason' I heard in a Lowes parking lot one day. Couple young boys walking down the sidewalk stopped and looked one day and said "that's tight", whatever that means. Some young boys in a little Nissan pulled up beside me one day and gave me the thumbs up and said "let us hear it when you take off". Some that tailgate don't like it at all but they got the message real quick that I don't like tailgaters. Mostly, I get positive comments though. The guys at work call it a big rig starter kit too.
Some in the shop didn't think a diesel truck that big would move that quick when they tried to pass me cause they thought it would take a while to get up to speed. Then they say "what in the world have you done to that thing to get it to move like that"? "All I saw was a cloud of black smoke and by the time it cleared, you were gone".
Heard two truckers talking on the CB one day and one said to the other " holy crap, I never seen one do that before". Or I get this a lot, "who did your stack work for you"?

I just do this a lot... ....................
Old 12-25-2004, 07:38 PM
DTR Founder

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
I don't hear much about the truck, but when I have the windows down, I hear a lot of women ask, "Who's that hot guy driving that Silver Dually?"
Old 12-25-2004, 07:41 PM
Administrator

That's gonna leave a mark. Just wait till Dennis sees this one.
Old 12-25-2004, 07:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lol.. Jack. When my fellow officers hear me coming they say, "Here comes Hartman in his skidder".
Old 12-25-2004, 07:43 PM
Administrator

Originally posted by LHartman
Lol.. Jack. When my fellow officers hear me coming they say, "Here comes Hartman in his skidder".
One of the engineers said "it sounds like a garbage truck" at work one day.
Old 12-25-2004, 07:55 PM

I got some of the same comments you did DD, only they're far and few between - except last night at the mall while I was waiting for my wife to get off work. One guy screamed like a girl when he saw them - scared the crap out of me! LOL Thought some girl was getting attacked! When I turned around he walked up and the first thing I said before he could ask was "Yup, they're connected", he then asked if I could start it up and rev it a few times - seems this brought several more people - I guess it's rare out here in the SF Bay Area for pickup's w/stacks. I got comments like "Tight and Clean" and a few more normal ones. Now I just wish I had the $$ for the injectors I want - I was a bad boy this year with CHP so Santa skipped me

I guess I'm going to reinstall my CB tomorrow so I can get some reactions from the truckers too...

Anyone do any Skip Shooting?
Old 12-25-2004, 08:00 PM
Administrator

Yeah, I get asked all the time if they're hooked up.
I just say "NOPE, they're just bolted to the aluminum for show" and watch them gape in awe as I pull out and smoke the place.
Old 12-25-2004, 08:04 PM

Unfortunately we can't smoke or smoke much out here in Calif - CHP and DOT (another part of CHP) would be on me in a heartbeat......
Old 12-25-2004, 08:35 PM
Administrator

I've had many young kids say to their parents "look mom/dad, a monster truck!"

Everyone in the neighborhood says/complains they can hear me leave for work, and come home from work.

I haven't even got the 4inch yet, let alone stacks.

phox
Old 12-25-2004, 09:25 PM

I think it's cool to watch the Ford/Gm guys break their neck for a looksy, and the lustful look of want, in their eyes. I get the same comments from people. I mostly get the angry looks because of the amount of NOISE this thing makes (Pretty cool). I get alot of, "How did you make that thing so LOUD!"

P.S. Top this, I got pulled over a few months back because the CHP said that he heard my truck over the Peterbilt in the slow lane, and I was getting on the freeway.
Old 12-25-2004, 09:53 PM

Ive seen lillte kids cover their ears and run for the mall doors as I drive through the parking lot....set off a few car alarms lately too - and the exhaust is stock (with muffler) the exhaust brake hisses a bit though
Old 12-25-2004, 10:02 PM

I was in the hardware store this summer when I had just the 3" straight pipe, they had the door open and I parked right in front and left it running. I get in there and while I was looking for my stuff I hear a lady ask, "is there a helicopter landed out there"? I piped up over across the aisle, "nope, that's my truck". She gave me an odd look That's one of a few comments by strangers, but by far the best!
Old 12-25-2004, 10:06 PM

I had one old boy ask me if I "had new hammers in there"??

I was sitting in my truck outside the post office and had one old lady actually yelling at me about my truck....too bad I couldnt hear what she was saying over the reving engine.... She was not impressed...
Old 12-25-2004, 10:31 PM

I've heard all sorts of things....

at a local Sonic I was asked to turn my truck off by a woman 2 stalls away...

there are some youngsters in my neighborhood that run to the curb when I roll through to give me the "heavy-metal" sign....

I had a guy wait for me in the Wal-Mart parking lot to ask me what I did to my truck to make it sound like that.

A fella I work with (he has a '93 Cummins) was at a McDonalds and thought there was a "dump-truck" coming up the road when I rolled by.

the best(or most stalkerish) may be when I went to buy some beer the cashier knew who I was and where I lived simply by my truck.....
Old 12-25-2004, 10:37 PM

oh yeah, and the chick at Subway knows who I am buy my truck..she drools a bit every time I pull up and it may even be over the truck....

Quick Reply: Best compliment?