3rd Generation Ram - Non Drivetrain - All Years Talk about the 2003 and up Dodge Ram here. PLEASE, NO ENGINE OR DRIVETRAIN DISCUSSION!.

Below Tailgate light??????

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2008, 07:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Below Tailgate light??????

Hi everyone I have a question for anybody that can help. Does anyone know what the 2 holes are just above the licence plate are?? I can only think that somesort of light bar goes there from Dodge but I cant find a part number or anything for it ?? I emailed RECON and asked if they are planning to make a led bar for the Dodge like they do for the Fords & Chevys but I have not recieved any reply from them so with that said I was wondering if Dodge has a number listed ???

Thanks for the help in advance...

Como
Old 02-18-2008, 08:10 PM

the dually trucks come with a lightbar right above the plate.donT know the part #
Old 02-18-2008, 09:03 PM

The part can be ordered from parts counter, don't remember #. It's the same light bar that was mounted on the tailgate of 2006 duallys. They wanted $60 plus so I went with 3 individual led lights instead.
Bob
Old 02-18-2008, 09:43 PM
Banned

one hole is to lower your spare tire ome hole is for the light on the tailgate of drw trucks for tge wiring to go through
Old 02-18-2008, 09:51 PM

I believe the part number for the light bar is 55277299aa.
Old 02-19-2008, 04:36 AM

Wink

Originally Posted by kblranch
I believe the part number for the light bar is 55277299aa.
You sir are correct and then I googled it last night and then I found it on Ebay one guy has 16 of them here is the link if anybody else wants one.....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...197501218&rd=1

Thanks again for the help......

Como
Old 02-19-2008, 11:42 AM

Question Update

I just got off the phone with guy that is selling them and he said they are only for the 3500 dually and if I put it on my 2500 I would have to drill and then splice the wires together no plug & play like the 3500 , So hummmmm now what ? I cant see them not fitting aren`t the beds the same?? just the dually has wider fenders??? I am I wrong ?? I guess I need more help.....

Steve
Old 02-19-2008, 12:12 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Como4076
I just got off the phone with guy that is selling them and he said they are only for the 3500 dually and if I put it on my 2500 I would have to drill and then splice the wires together no plug & play like the 3500 , So hummmmm now what ? I cant see them not fitting aren`t the beds the same?? just the dually has wider fenders??? I am I wrong ?? I guess I need more help.....

Steve

Did you check and see if the mounting holes are there on your truck?
The wiring may not be installed but that can be easily fixed. Just tap the flat four trailer connector for ground and power. #1 is ground and #2 is running lights.

MikeyB
Old 02-19-2008, 01:32 PM
DTR Detective

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Hi everyone I have a question for anybody that can help. Does anyone know what the 2 holes are just above the licence plate are?? I can only think that somesort of light bar goes there from Dodge but I cant find a part number or anything for it ?? I emailed RECON and asked if they are planning to make a led bar for the Dodge like they do for the Fords & Chevys but I have not recieved any reply from them so with that said I was wondering if Dodge has a number listed ???

Thanks for the help in advance...

Como
Why not just use Recon's "Line of Fire" LED bar?
Old 02-19-2008, 07:14 PM

Originally Posted by MikeyB
Did you check and see if the mounting holes are there on your truck?
The wiring may not be installed but that can be easily fixed. Just tap the flat four trailer connector for ground and power. #1 is ground and #2 is running lights.

MikeyB
Mikey I do see 2 holes above my licence plate in the face of the bed just below the bottom edge of the tail gate that is the part that does not make sence to me they should fit with no problem . I will keep hunting around some more...
Old 02-19-2008, 07:23 PM

Originally Posted by steelblitzkrieg
Why not just use Recon's "Line of Fire" LED bar?
You know I did give that a thought but I was trying to be alittle different . I did drop a email to RECON and asked if they were planning to make the 15" LED bar for the Dodge like the ones they have for the Fords & Chevys and that was a week ago so far I have not recieved any word. So I will keep on trying ... Thanks for all the help guys.....

Steve
Old 02-19-2008, 07:45 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Mikey I do see 2 holes above my licence plate in the face of the bed just below the bottom edge of the tail gate that is the part that does not make sence to me they should fit with no problem . I will keep hunting around some more...
Those should be the mounting holes for the lights.

MikeyB
Old 02-19-2008, 08:12 PM

Originally Posted by MikeyB
Those should be the mounting holes for the lights.

MikeyB
Ok that is what I thought they were , so with that said I may call my local dealer and see what he has to say on this little problem he will shoot me straight . I will keep you guys informed ....to be continued.......

Steve
Old 02-19-2008, 08:25 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
They will mount up on your 2500, your local parts counter worker doesn't know anything beyond what his shiny little monitor tells him. I just bought one (off the guy that offered you his old one on the thread you made at cumminsforum.com, incidentally) and will be putting it on my 2500 short bed when it comes in. It might not be plug and play (haven't looked underneath my truck yet to see if there is a closed off pigtail to plug into) but it will only be a lead wire and a ground wire if it isn't. Like was mentioned above, just tap into the 4-pin trailer harness at the ground and running light wire and you will be set. I will post pictures and a brief how-to when it comes in and i get it installed. I estimate a 30 minute job, max.
Old 02-19-2008, 09:09 PM

Originally Posted by BroncoHound
They will mount up on your 2500, your local parts counter worker doesn't know anything beyond what his shiny little monitor tells him. I just bought one (off the guy that offered you his old one on the thread you made at cumminsforum.com, incidentally) and will be putting it on my 2500 short bed when it comes in. It might not be plug and play (haven't looked underneath my truck yet to see if there is a closed off pigtail to plug into) but it will only be a lead wire and a ground wire if it isn't. Like was mentioned above, just tap into the 4-pin trailer harness at the ground and running light wire and you will be set. I will post pictures and a brief how-to when it comes in and i get it installed. I estimate a 30 minute job, max.
Thanks I am going to order it tomorrow and thanks for the help..

Quick Reply: Below Tailgate light??????