3rd Generation Ram - Non Drivetrain - All Years Talk about the 2003 and up Dodge Ram here. PLEASE, NO ENGINE OR DRIVETRAIN DISCUSSION!.

Bakflip bed cover

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2007, 12:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bakflip bed cover

I have the chance to buy a used Bakflip bed cover for $400.00 installed. It was on another truck for 2 months and the guy is trading his truck in and didn't want to give the cover to the dealership. If anyone has one I wold like to get your opinions on it and what you think.

thanks
Bearwhiz
Old 02-19-2007, 01:16 PM

I have had one for about 10 months. Its a nice cover, will fold up against the cab (without touching) to give you full access to your bed. Opens and closes nicely. It will leak, but there is a seal kit that helps. They are around $500-600 new. Although sturdy I would not stand on it. It installs flush with the top of the bed rails and does not block the pockets. looks good with stainless rails. Fits the 2006 bed well. Seems to be aging well with decent quality materials.
Old 02-19-2007, 03:21 PM

I put one on my new truck last weekend. So far I like it a lot - it doesn't leak too bad, other than water getting in through the stake pockets. It came highly recommended to me by a friend that has had one for a couple of years and his is holding up fine.
Old 02-19-2007, 04:01 PM

SOLD!!! They are going to install it tomorrow. Thanks for the input.

bearwhiz
Old 02-19-2007, 06:37 PM

Can somebody actually post pics of the cover on their truck? I like the idea of this thing and the relatively low cost. I checked the site but there were no closeups.

Also, does this fit with a truck that has the bed line-x'd?

TIA!
Old 02-19-2007, 11:42 PM

Originally Posted by bry@n
Can somebody actually post pics of the cover on their truck? I like the idea of this thing and the relatively low cost. I checked the site but there were no closeups.

Also, does this fit with a truck that has the bed line-x'd?

TIA!

I'll try and get some pics up tomorrow. Yes, it fits with Line-X, whether you have it sprayed above the rails or if you left the rails untreated. It can also be used with the plastic bed rail covers.
Old 02-21-2007, 06:45 AM

The cover is sized to fit a bed with over rail liner. If you don't have a liner, you use the provided spacer (the thickness of a typical liner) to shim between the bakflip frame and the bed rails. If your lin-x is about as thick as a typical over rail liner, the bakflip will fit without the shim.

The bakflip frame is clamped to the bed rails as is typical of most covers. Because it fits down between the bed rails there is not as much tollerance, but there is some. Worst case is you'd have to play with some shimming or double sided tape to get the bed rails to bed rail distance within the bakflip range.