3rd Generation Ram - Non Drivetrain - All Years Talk about the 2003 and up Dodge Ram here. PLEASE, NO ENGINE OR DRIVETRAIN DISCUSSION!.

Api Warranty Company Out Of Buisness???

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2007, 12:52 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Api Warranty Company Out Of Buisness???

i called the extended warranty co to see if ball joints/bearings what have u were coverd and they said yes...BUT the guy told me there out of buisness and still takin claims but the state of IL battling them in court...he told me to get the work done and submit the bill and just maybe when the court battle is over i might get my money back...or do the work myself...i paid 1500 for the extended warranty!!!! anybody know anything else about this
Old 04-20-2007, 01:27 PM

I have no idea whether they are out of business or not, or I know nothing of the story, but if they are in court, I would say that you are not going to get your claim paid. You will be treated as paying out an unsecured creditor, which will fall behind all gov. liens, mechanic, vender, etc , liens.

I would do it the most cost efficent way ( not the neccessarily the cheapest), and plan to not get my money back...still submit the claim, and be suprised in a good way if I got the money.
Old 04-20-2007, 03:22 PM

i just got off the phone with the 3rd party company that handles the calls and they wont even accept my claim at all now
Old 04-20-2007, 03:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
don't know much about the auto warranty companies, but the home one's are a crock. Have a top of the line a/c go out, tough luck, you're getting something cheaper than the builders put in.
Old 04-20-2007, 05:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If you bought it as part of the original deal from the dealership I would go back on the dealer and try to get my money back or have them fix the truck for free...

About 15 years (or more) ago I had a dodge d-50 and the timing chain broke. The Warranty/insurance company declined the repair.. said since I changed my own oil there was no way of proving I actually did the oil changes and the receipts didn't matter... Basically just trying to get out of paying the claim.

I sued the Owner of the dealership (not the dealership) in small claims court and within a day of the Sheriff delivering the subpoena the same person that wouldn't give me the time of day was on the phone begging me to drop the case because I was suing the wrong person.. I told him to pound sand and see you in court. He kept calling and finally I told him that if my truck was fixed and returned to me under the terms of the warranty I bought from him that I would drop the case.. I got my truck back within 4 days and I only had to pay the $100.00 deductible..

Just some food for thought...

Gerry