3rd Generation Ram - Non Drivetrain - All Years Talk about the 2003 and up Dodge Ram here. PLEASE, NO ENGINE OR DRIVETRAIN DISCUSSION!.

Anyone have photos of 06+ full center console?

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2009, 07:08 PM
Administrator / Severe Concussion Aficionado

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts
I just love ingenuity... That thing is awesome. I love it.... Two very enthusiatic thumbs up....
Old 03-10-2009, 10:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey thanks!! I appreciate it! I worked pretty hard on that thing, but it sure is nice not having my cup holders on the floor.
Old 03-10-2009, 10:33 PM

greenone

Now that is one AWESOME console you built !!!!! I was kind of studying the way the 'bench' seat framework went together and thinking or should I say wondering if it would come apart to do something similat to what you have done.

I was thinking about doing kind of a double-stack compartment that would let me bring in the bottom storage area as well and use the top lid like you did. What you put together is really nice.

Did you do up any drawings for your initial construction that you'd not mind parting with? It would probably be really helpful to the rest of us considering doing the same or similar.

Your project would have been a great write up, did you do pics as you went along? If you did, you could still do a write up for the rest of us.

CD
Old 03-11-2009, 10:56 AM

Originally Posted by CD in NM
greenone

Now that is one AWESOME console you built !!!!! I was kind of studying the way the 'bench' seat framework went together and thinking or should I say wondering if it would come apart to do something similat to what you have done.

I was thinking about doing kind of a double-stack compartment that would let me bring in the bottom storage area as well and use the top lid like you did. What you put together is really nice.

Did you do up any drawings for your initial construction that you'd not mind parting with? It would probably be really helpful to the rest of us considering doing the same or similar.

Your project would have been a great write up, did you do pics as you went along? If you did, you could still do a write up for the rest of us.

CD
I 2nd that also.

One question though....
Is it the way I am looking at the image or did you extend the length of the 4x4 shift lever?
Old 03-11-2009, 01:01 PM

Unfortunately, I didn't draw up any plans...I did't even take pics of the process. That's usually the way it works when I do something. I downloaded instructions for a (I think) JL Stealth box for the Ram and that got me started. They make a center console speaker box that transplants the storage part of the console, so at least I knew it could be done before I took the seat apart myself. I basically built the structure from 5/8" MDF to the shape I wanted, made it mount where the old center seat used to, then disassembled the seat, removed the storage tray, cut off the outer lip, attached it to the new console, cut out the cup holder part of the old floor console, mounted that along with the little tray and the shifter boot, and upholstered it. Obviously there are a few more step in there, but you get the idea. I just ended up building a new shifter handle that was long enough to reach the new location.
Old 03-11-2009, 01:20 PM

blake.clark, What factory option had the security system? I like it!
Old 03-11-2009, 05:02 PM
Administrator / Severe Concussion Aficionado

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by iflych52
blake.clark, What factory option had the security system? I like it!
Oh its not a factory option its Austrian. I guess you could say its an aftermarket system provided by Gaston Glock.