3rd Generation Ram - Non Drivetrain - All Years Talk about the 2003 and up Dodge Ram here. PLEASE, NO ENGINE OR DRIVETRAIN DISCUSSION!.

2006 Ram Information

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2004, 09:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2006 Ram Information

A good article here if you want to see what might be coming next year.

Of note, the long awaited 6.1L Hemi in the HDs and some exterior tweaks. Possibility of HID lights for the Laramie package. Major interior redesign (similar to new Durangos and Dakotas), and the the much discussed Mega (Crew) Cab.

A 6 speed MB automatic behind the Hemi but no mention of the Cummins.

I'm hoping the Mega cab is real and they suprise us with a new HD 5/6 speed auto for the Cummins along with all the other goodness. The HID lights would be great also (but the parts will be on national back order 36 minutes after you can buy them from the dealer )
Old 05-24-2004, 05:39 AM

Ditto on the HID headlights. I will order them as soon as they are available. The stock halogen lights leave quite a bit to be desired.
Old 05-24-2004, 08:51 AM
Banned

I had HID lights on my S2000 and hated them. Never again.
Old 05-25-2004, 06:39 AM

Originally posted by RamDan03
Ditto on the HID headlights. I will order them as soon as they are available. The stock halogen lights leave quite a bit to be desired.
PIAA 600's claim to replace the factory fog lites with HID low beams. A little pricey at $1500 but less $ than they were a year ago. Someone, perhaps not PIAA, makes a kit to replace the factory bulbs in the headlites with HID bulbs and ballasts but I ran out of time searching for them. Nat
Old 05-25-2004, 07:30 AM

Originally posted by natstayl
PIAA 600's claim to replace the factory fog lites with HID low beams. A little pricey at $1500 but less $ than they were a year ago. Someone, perhaps not PIAA, makes a kit to replace the factory bulbs in the headlites with HID bulbs and ballasts but I ran out of time searching for them. Nat
Right now there are plenty of one size fits all type of HID conversion kits for our trucks. Since the reflectors in the stock headlight housings are not designed for HID lighting, they would not work too well. There would be too much glare and the cutoff pattern would not be clean.

The only company i've seen so far who makes a legitimate conversion kit for our trucks is Illusion Lighting. This kit utilizes Audi projectors in our stock housings. If you are interested in looking, the website is:

http://www.illusion-lighting.com
Old 05-28-2004, 07:21 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
illusion lighting seems to go through great pains to keep their geographical location off the internet.

At $800 the price is relatively low but they want your headlites for 1-3 weeks. 2 day turnaround probably a significant premium.
Old 05-28-2004, 10:52 AM

I wouldn't be too quick to believe anything you read on PUT.com. They are so full of $hit over there it is coming out there ears. I remember one time I posted a pic of one of my Chevies pulling a new Dodge I was delievering to a customer on this site, some jackleg from over there took it over there and said that the Dodge had a blown transmission and he had talked to me and I said it was crap. I never heard of that moron until he stole my pic. Fools, their like a bunch of monkeys beating their head against the cage
Old 05-28-2004, 05:22 PM

Originally posted by Luke S
I wouldn't be too quick to believe anything you read on PUT.com. They are so full of $hit over there it is coming out there ears. I remember one time I posted a pic of one of my Chevies pulling a new Dodge I was delievering to a customer on this site, some jackleg from over there took it over there and said that the Dodge had a blown transmission and he had talked to me and I said it was crap. I never heard of that moron until he stole my pic. Fools, their like a bunch of monkeys beating their head against the cage
I remember that pic. Someone identified your dealership by the plates on the tow truck. Thanks for the heads-up. Nat
Old 05-28-2004, 06:25 PM

I dunno, maybe some are all right, but most of em over there just seem like a bunch of dumb a$$es
Old 05-29-2004, 12:11 PM

Some more info was on allpar.com about the mega cab ram , I think that site is fairly reliable.
Old 05-29-2004, 12:49 PM

What's allpar.com?

I tried that address and it didn't work.
Old 05-29-2004, 03:18 PM
DTR's 'Wrench thrower...' And he aims for the gusto...

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Berak,

I've heard rumors about the MB tranny before but can't find any info on it. That would be a sweet conversion if it would work with the CTD and replace the 48RE. WOW.

Wetspirit
Old 05-30-2004, 09:36 PM

Originally posted by dieselnewbie
What's allpar.com?

I tried that address and it didn't work.
Try it again it was down saturday when I tried. Allpar.com is a site for daimlerchrysler people, go to the forums then go to the news and rumors they have numerous so called sources with good info.The best place at one time was the car-truck.com site but since that went down this is the best site for future info.
Old 05-30-2004, 09:57 PM

Looks like the Mega Cab is probably real. The forum at Allpar here has some insiders claiming it's coming for sure.
Old 06-02-2004, 10:50 PM

A guy claims on the allpar site 20 test trucks built so far

Quick Reply: 2006 Ram Information