3rd Generation Ram - Non Drivetrain - All Years Talk about the 2003 and up Dodge Ram here. PLEASE, NO ENGINE OR DRIVETRAIN DISCUSSION!.

2005 on order-color?s

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2004, 03:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation 2005 on order-color?s

Hi there, this is my first post so go easy on me. I have an 05 3500 DRW QC 4x4
SPORT PACKAGE on order since thursday 12/23 i had choosen the color white cause i'm in construction and want it to look clean and have durable paint (that doesn't scratch easy, already had a black ram so i know what scratches are). please help i kinda like the mineral grey.
Old 12-26-2004, 07:31 PM

My current ram is black so I feel your pain. I'm not sure what your question is. You have a ram on order, it's white but are you thinking of changing your order? If so, with the sport package, Patriot Blue Clearcoat, Light Almond Pearl Metallic Clearcoat and Deep Molten Red Pearlcoat are not available, so that leaves white, atlantic blue, bright silver, black , flame red and the mineral grey.

FWIW, like the white and both greys. What I would do is go through both 3rd gen forums and when you see any signatures with 3500 drw in the text, click on that member's gallery's (on the left under thier user name) and see if any of them have pics uploaded. That will give you a better idea of what your truck will look like. It beats looking at colored little boxes.
Old 12-26-2004, 07:54 PM

Thanks, yes i have my truck oredered in white and was thinking of changing colors
Old 12-26-2004, 08:50 PM

Can't get the dually in graphite or atlantic blue so those are out (in addition to the other color restriction for the sport package 12Pack listed). I wanted mine in graphite, I think its an awesome color.

Red is a good choice. Kind of tough to keep clean with all this slush around here, but when it is clean it looks great.

I personally wouldn't go with white or silver. Everyone and their brothers have a white or silver truck. But seeing Big Bob's Ghost Rider truck makes me reconsider my feelings about white trucks
Old 12-26-2004, 08:51 PM

solar yellow is/was an avalable option for a limited time [might be over now...?]
Old 12-26-2004, 09:01 PM

Yellow is definetly out of the? BTW where does it says you can't get PB
(patriot blue) and or grey on a dually? The dodge website or their brochures doesn't make a mention of it at all it just lists colors.
Old 12-26-2004, 09:12 PM

Originally posted by William
BTW where does it says you can't get PB
(patriot blue) and or grey on a dually? The dodge website or their brochures doesn't make a mention of it at all it just lists colors.
I got my info from Edmunds.com:

AGG Sport Appearance Group
Includes rear body color bumper with step, bodyside body color molding, body color front fascia, body color grille and 17" x 8.0" forged aluminum wheels. INCLUDES WGD and LNJ. NOT AVAILABLE with AWL, K17, AHD, APD, Patriot Blue Clearcoat, Light Almond Pearl Metallic Clearcoat, Deep Molten Red Pearlcoat.

WGD is the 17x8 forged aluminum wheels and LNJ are the Fog lights. AWL is the off road group, K17 is the bodyside molding, AHD is the snow plow prep and APD is the two tone paint. There will be a test tomorrow.
Old 12-26-2004, 09:16 PM

For a regular non-sport dually you can get the Patriot Blue. You cannot get the Atlantic Blue. I know nothing about the sport package color options, but 12Pack said you can't get Patriot Blue in the sport package... but I don't know.

I know for a fact you cannot get graphite on a dually... I tried (hard ).

The colors they list are for the 3500 SRW. No restrictions on the colors for SRW. The reason the duallies have less options is because the fenders are shipped to DC pre-painted... and I think someone told me its because certain colors of paint don't come out correctly on the fiberglass fenders as opposed to the metal truck.
Old 12-26-2004, 09:22 PM

Looked it up real quick:

Colors for a SRW 3500: Red, Graphite, Atlantic Blue, White, Maroon, Black, Almond, Yellow, Silver, Patriot Blue

When I ordered mine the color options presented to me for a DRW were: Red, White, Maroon, Black, Silver, Patriot Blue

And if 12Pack's info is correct it looks like the only colors you'd be able to get for a Sport DRW are: Red, White, Black, Silver
Old 12-26-2004, 09:24 PM

I guess i'll check with the ******* Hey 12PACK i'm ready for the test the thing about the dually fiberglass fenders does make sense if thats the case i guess i'll stick to white(easy to keep clean) and the clear coat might be more durable. FYI The paint on the rams are made by PPG i worked in their aerospace divison as a temp. I just hope the quality has improved over the 02 1500 black ram i had.
Old 12-26-2004, 09:27 PM

Originally posted by doomgaze
And if 12Pack's info is correct it looks like the only colors you'd be able to get for a Sport DRW are: Red, White, Black, Silver
I got the info from Edmunds tonight after reading William's question. How up to date is it? Beats me and as you guys know, this info can change at any time. You can place your order, be told your all set, then get called a week later telling you the Cummins option was discontinued. Add potential restrictions to the mix and as Tom Petty says "The waiting is the hardest part." I wonder if he ever ordered a new vehicle?
Old 12-26-2004, 09:30 PM

YEP i some how think that the wait isn't the hardest part BTW which is better a US assembled truck or Mexican one?
Old 12-26-2004, 09:38 PM

Originally posted by William
YEP i some how think that the wait isn't the hardest part BTW which is better a US assembled truck or Mexican one?
If you're talking about your truck you have on order, I believe they are all assembled in Mexico now.
Old 12-26-2004, 09:41 PM

What!!! oh boy now i'm scared
Old 12-27-2004, 06:32 AM

Very happy w/ the mineral grey 2 tone. It shows nice with the different light conditions and is easy to maintain.

Quick Reply: 2005 on order-color?s