3rd Generation Ram - Non Drivetrain - All Years Talk about the 2003 and up Dodge Ram here. PLEASE, NO ENGINE OR DRIVETRAIN DISCUSSION!.

"06" Not so cold Air Conditioning?

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2007, 01:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ptgarcia
I don't think that has anything to do with it. I have the standard A.C.

Also, when my wife spoke with her friend he was aware of the AC problems and anticipated pulling the dash to replace everything. He said it is a common problem with these trucks.
well your gonna have your problems with almost any type a/c........it was just a thought
Old 06-20-2007, 01:19 PM

Originally Posted by Rollin' Smoke
.......it was just a thought

I hear 'ya. I think the problem is in the A.C. guts more than how they are controlled. The current system design needs to be looked at hard and improved. It's just no good enough for these trucks.
Old 06-20-2007, 03:46 PM

Brought my 07 in as well

Dealer said same thing, freon ok, all is well. I know for a fact that while accelerating, the compressor shuts off, I know for sure because cold air stops. This is under moderate use. Used to be on older cars, compressor would shut off at hard acceleration supposedly to keep from damaging the compressor due to over rev, but man I'm not getting on it. Another thing I noticed after I bought a thermometer at Autozone is coldest air coming out is 48 deg. When I used to add freon to cars, it was 36 deg coming out. I think that is the problem. I have great air flow, dealer says full of freon, but whatever electronic stat or whatever makes the compressor shut off when it's cold enough is set too high. My 06 Dodge diesel after 15 min, had to put on low in summer cause I was gettin cold. Something has changed!!!
Old 06-21-2007, 07:45 PM

Angry A.C. is fixed but I'm POed!

Update:

Picked up the truck from the dealer and although not all is well (of course they damaged my truck trying to fix it ) the A.C. is working great. The door located behind the glove box directly above the blower motor was broke. They replaced it and it now blows hard and cold. Didn't have any trouble staying cool on the way home and it was 97* F when I picked it up, and don't forget I have a black Megacab.

So what did they damage you might ask? Two things. They broke the piece of the dash that covers the speakers and window defroster vents. And someone set something on top of my hood near the passenger fender, which proceeded to slide off and scratched the heck out of my paint! And the mother lovers (trying to clean up my potty mouth ) tried to send me on my way with the dash piece missing and the hood scratched! This is why I hate going to the dealer.....
Old 06-21-2007, 08:20 PM

had the same issues of not cold enough, and fan sounding like it was blowing up a storm. took it back to tri-lakes dodge in branson. They looked at it on fri. ordered parts, fixed monday. They replaced the whole a/c heat box! Truck now moves much air and very, very cold. Dealer service is great, great, great!
Old 06-21-2007, 10:31 PM
Banned

I didn't read the whole thread, but 06's have a rather "unique" design to the A/C vents. If you ever pull the radio/dash bezel off take a close look at the vents molded into it. There are HUGE gaps on both sides of each vent and when you aim them all the way to one side a bunch of the cool air flows into those gaps and behind the dash.
Old 06-22-2007, 11:01 AM

Oh man Pauly that sucks Bro. That means mine is going to need the same thing. Sorry about the damage to your truck, if your wife is anything like mine those guys are in for an ear full, and hopefully they repair what they screwed up.
Funny how these threads are popping up now the heat is on its way. I cussed the whole way home yesterday.
Old 06-22-2007, 11:18 AM

Originally Posted by JuzPlaneKrazy
Oh man Pauly that sucks Bro. That means mine is going to need the same thing. Sorry about the damage to your truck, if your wife is anything like mine those guys are in for an ear full, and hopefully they repair what they screwed up.
Funny how these threads are popping up now the heat is on its way. I cussed the whole way home yesterday.

Yeah, she immediately called her friend to see what happened (her husband is the tech that worked on our truck). He has been sick all week, but went to work on Thursday just for us. He did the majority of the repair, all the complicated bits, then went home (actually, he went to urgent care) and left it for another tech to button it up. That other tech was the problem. We I told him what they did he sure felt bad. And I could tell when he returns to work he'll be laying into the culprit a bit.

Ain't no thing. It can be fixed.
Old 06-22-2007, 01:15 PM

Maybe I should take mine up there and have them do mine. They got practice on yours
Just kidding dude............
Old 06-22-2007, 01:36 PM

Originally Posted by JuzPlaneKrazy
Maybe I should take mine up there and have them do mine. They got practice on yours
Just kidding dude............

HA.....HA.

Old 06-22-2007, 02:41 PM

[QUOTE=ptgarcia;1564437]Update:

Picked up the truck from the dealer and although not all is well (of course they damaged my truck trying to fix it ) the A.C. is working great. The door located behind the glove box directly above the blower motor was broke. They replaced it and it now blows hard and cold. Didn't have any trouble staying cool on the way home and it was 97* F when I picked it up, and don't forget I have a black Megacab.QUOTE]

Hey Pauly,

First off sorry they damaged your truck. Seems like others have also had the problem breaking pieces of dash when the dealer replaces parts.

Could you tell us again the exact symtoms you were experiencing. Were all your vents cold but just not blowing enough. Or were you similiar to some where some of the vents were cold and others warm. Just trying to narrow down what problem I might have.

Thanks,
Strea
Old 06-22-2007, 02:56 PM

Originally Posted by Strea

Hey Pauly,

First off sorry they damaged your truck. Seems like others have also had the problem breaking pieces of dash when the dealer replaces parts.

Could you tell us again the exact symtoms you were experiencing. Were all your vents cold but just not blowing enough. Or were you similiar to some where some of the vents were cold and others warm. Just trying to narrow down what problem I might have.

Thanks,
Strea

Sure, Strea.

My problem was with the volume of air being moved. The air was always cold, it just blew weak. In my case it was because of a broken door blocking the airs path. I have not had the problem of warm vents on the passenger side nor problems with the condensor freezing up. Air flow has always been the problem.

Hope this helps.
Old 06-23-2007, 06:42 PM

Mine was anemic from the moment I bought it. After a few trips to the dealer I finally serviced it myself & it was tolerable. A couple of months ago my recirc door broke. I dropped the fan & reached up & pulled out the door. This thing will freeze you to death now. All other functions work good, defrost, heat, floor etc.
Old 06-23-2007, 07:52 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thanks for the update
sounds like mine has the same problem as yours Pauly...
I will call the dealer Monday
Old 07-23-2007, 11:22 AM

my a/c hasn't been up to par this summer either. in the past 2 summers i have owned this vehicle it would literally give you frost bite on full blast. to make matters worse, yesterday it started blowing "fog" out of the vents. any idea what might be wrong? I am going to make an appointment but it is only going to be warm here for another month and I don't want to be send home without it being fixed before it hits 60000km (bumper to bumper). any ideas would be great.

Quick Reply: "06" Not so cold Air Conditioning?