3rd Generation Ram - Non Drivetrain - All Years Talk about the 2003 and up Dodge Ram here. PLEASE, NO ENGINE OR DRIVETRAIN DISCUSSION!.

"06" Not so cold Air Conditioning?

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2006, 07:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The AC issues plague the 3rd generation trucks. Already a big ac thread going.
Old 09-21-2006, 07:20 PM

It's on my list of things to have looked at when it goes in next time--not to bad if the sun is hitting the rear of the track but if you are driving into the hot sun the blower has to be on recirculate and on the highest cold setting and max fan setting just ot be tolerable.
Old 09-21-2006, 10:30 PM

I've noticed our compressor cycling a lot, but yet the air seems to work pretty good.......especially for a black truck in south Georgia!
Old 09-22-2006, 02:39 AM

i dunno guys
my 06 4x4 QC SB gets ice cold even on hot days. Like painfully cold.
I could understand them possibly being underpowered to cool down the HUGE Megacab though. that this is massive.
Old 09-22-2006, 04:15 AM

You have a good one.Lots do not.
Old 11-05-2006, 09:44 PM

I had the same problem with my 06, I brought it into the dealership 3 weeks after I brought it home (Nov '05) they ck'd it over and told me everything was fine. Funny thing hapened last month I brought it back to get a coolent hose replaced, while the truck was in the shop the dealership called me and asked me if I had a air condition problem! I informed them it has not changed since they ck'd it over before, anyway it was weird when I picked it up they had "installed updated recirc door & housing, and replaced fan clutch" the differance was amazing, I could feel the air flow in the rear seat, now I have to turn the cold air way down.
Old 11-06-2006, 12:26 AM

If allowed by state law, get the windows tinted. Out here in Arizona, it is a MUST. Good 3M window tint blocks over 90% of UVA & UVB rays. It keeps the truck much cooler.
Old 06-19-2007, 10:25 PM

I have an '06 Ram 2500 that I purchased new in Aug 2006. It's been getting hot hear in Southern Colorado and today I turned the A/C on to cool off, but it wasn't very cool.... Switched it to recirc and full A/C and found myself being blasted by warm air!! Tried turning it off for a while and the tried it again -- same thing... Holy cow!!! I've heard of people having issues in high humidity places, but this is Colorado (NO HUMIDITY). This is really annoying as the truck only has 8500 miles on it...

I know the dealership will fix it but its just the inconvenience of taking it to the dealership foe a day or two..

Any other suggestions?
Old 06-19-2007, 10:49 PM

No issues here in Phoenix, 105+ and my AC blows 42-45F out of the vents, I use a little AC thermometer I bought at Autozone.
Old 06-20-2007, 01:12 AM

My AC blows.....as in it sucks! The air is cold, it just doesn't move enough air to cool you off. Dropping her off at the dealer Thursday in the A.M. One of the wife's good friends is a long time Chrysler tech and is going to take care of it.
Old 06-20-2007, 12:02 PM

Ptgarcia,

Let us know what they did if it fixes it.

I am concerned about mine as well.

Strea
Old 06-20-2007, 12:24 PM

Originally Posted by Strea
Ptgarcia,

Let us know what they did if it fixes it.

I am concerned about mine as well.

Strea

Okay, will do.
Old 06-20-2007, 12:45 PM

i think the bigger question here was stated on the first page..........

of the people that have a/c issues, who has a dual climate control and who doesnt?

there may be something to this, maybe some kind of defect or something wrong with the dual controls, IF those are the majority of the people that are having issues!
Old 06-20-2007, 12:59 PM

Originally Posted by Rollin' Smoke
i think the bigger question here was stated on the first page..........

of the people that have a/c issues, who has a dual climate control and who doesnt?

there may be something to this, maybe some kind of defect or something wrong with the dual controls, IF those are the majority of the people that are having issues!

I don't think that has anything to do with it. I have the standard A.C.

Also, when my wife spoke with her friend he was aware of the AC problems and anticipated pulling the dash to replace everything. He said it is a common problem with these trucks.
Old 06-20-2007, 01:01 PM
HOV

I have two problems:

1. On hot days, it takes about 10 minutes for the A/C to cool down
2. It doesn't blow hard enough. Lots of noise but no flow, and I do feel air at my feet.

I brought it in to the dealer and had them take a look - they said operation is normal. I asked them to pull out a 2007 truck and run the A/C for me, and it was identical. I like the info posted so far about an updated blend door and fan clutch. Any more details on that, like TSB #?

My A/C works fine if it has been on for a while. I thought today that it may actually be better to put it on Fresh for initial cooldown, then to Recirc.

Quick Reply: "06" Not so cold Air Conditioning?