3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (6.7L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 6.7L ONLY!

Q's about Smarty Jr and Cali-delete...

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2011, 08:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Q's about Smarty Jr and Cali-delete...

Earlier this morning, I installed a delete pipe and loaded my Smarty Jr afterward, trying to accomplish the Cali-style delete on my 07.5 Cab & Chasis 6spd.

I followed Blakes instructions to a "t", except for the "unplug the egr cooler servo" step because I couldn't locate it, as referenced to his pics on his post. Does my truck have it, I'm assuming yes, but why can't I find it...

As soon as I started up the truck for the first time after the "disable" delete, the MIL came on, I cleared it, and started it back up, only to see it reapper again. I then cleared the codes again, which are 0487 and 2141. Every time I clear them, they pop up again when I start the truck up again.

What am I missing? Is it unplugging the egr cooler servo? Does my truck have it? Is my Smarty Jr capable to doing the "delete" codes to perform everything?
I am clueless when it comes to these 6.7's, please help me out guys...

Thanks
Old 02-25-2011, 09:31 PM

Also, my Smarty Jr version reads "V: 6.05A and D: J23S" if that has anything to do with it...
Old 02-25-2011, 10:00 PM
"California Style"

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
All right. Hopefully this helps. It appears that you might have the S version loaded which does not support the deletes. You need to go to the MADS site and upload the latest ME version to your Smarty and then upload the Smarty to the truck.

The EGR cooler connector is that motor right on top of the exhaust manifold at the top of the motor.
Old 02-25-2011, 10:26 PM

There is no motor on top of of the exhaust manifold on my truck. I bought it used 6k miles ago from out of state via a good deal on the internet from a business that went under and had to liquidate its assets. I will post a pic tomm when there is light out
Old 02-25-2011, 10:54 PM
"California Style"

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Interesting. Blakes first post and first picture shows this thing sitting at the top of the picture on the left side with a white junction area for the connector on the EGR cooler needing to be disconnected... Please show us what you got. Make sure you have the ME Program for your Jr!
Old 02-26-2011, 08:28 AM
Administrator / Severe Concussion Aficionado

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts
Snap a pic of your engine bay. I'm on the road right now in houston but im certain the right Smarty version and a couple of under hood changes will set ya right.

I'll check back in the am.
Old 02-26-2011, 11:12 AM

Here are a couple of pics of the engine. Also, I'm trying to figure out how to dl the ME software from the mad's site, but it is pretty confusing. I did find an old thread that gives some advice, the one with german in it, but still having trouble figuring it out on Windows 7...
Attached Thumbnails Q's about Smarty Jr and Cali-delete...-engine-1.jpg   Q's about Smarty Jr and Cali-delete...-engine2.jpg  
Old 02-26-2011, 01:14 PM

Originally Posted by dodgediesel4x4
Here are a couple of pics of the engine. Also, I'm trying to figure out how to dl the ME software from the mad's site, but it is pretty confusing. I did find an old thread that gives some advice, the one with german in it, but still having trouble figuring it out on Windows 7...
Those pics show the EGR cooler, which sits on the exhaust. The EGR valve is on the other side on top of the intake.

Here is the page you want for the download:

http://www.madselectronics.com/CodeF...EGRDelete.html
Old 02-26-2011, 01:30 PM

Ive been messing with the Smarty dl all morning and still haven't had any luck in dl'ing the ME version. I sent Mad's an email asking for help, not sure how that will turn out. Can anyone direct me to a site, old post, or person that can help me dl the latest version for Windows 7? I've dl'ed the 7zip app and followed the instructions as best as I could, but still can't figure it out. I am pretty computer iliterrate and need any help that I can get.

Thanks
Old 02-26-2011, 03:48 PM

[QUOTE=Timberwolf2;2931193]Those pics show the EGR cooler, which sits on the exhaust. The EGR valve is on the other side on top of the intake.
QUOTE]

I guess Im looking for something different than the pics that are on Mad's site and the ones Blake posted. I sure don't see anything that looks like a small motor sitting on top of my exhaust manifold. Am I just missing it? Can you edit one of my pics and point it out to me?

Thanks
Old 02-26-2011, 05:15 PM

Did you ever figure out how to DL the ME version onto the Smarty Jr. I am about to do the same thing. I talked to rollin Smoke and they said I should just purchase the ME version. good luck and let us know how it turns out.
Old 02-26-2011, 05:30 PM

No, I could not figure it out. I've been messing with it all day long and still had no luck. Ive tried uninstalling everything several times, starting over from scratch, and everything inbetween. I dont have a very fast connection either, so this has been a nightmare. I think Im going to the bar tonite...
Old 02-26-2011, 07:07 PM

on the left pic, I have a thing that has a cable hooked to it, on top of like the exhaust manifold. Looks like your missing some parts on it
Old 02-26-2011, 10:10 PM

Originally Posted by sabercat
on the left pic, I have a thing that has a cable hooked to it, on top of like the exhaust manifold. Looks like your missing some parts on it
Thats exactly what I'm trying to figure out myself...Im still a beginner when it comes to these 6.7s, completely different than my old p-pumped 01...
Old 02-27-2011, 12:53 PM

correct me if 'm wrong, but I see no egr cooler, or even a place it would have went. not sure though, I have'nt looked at mine to see it really. Maybe its a mexico truck, not too sure if they have the emmision stuff

Quick Reply: Q's about Smarty Jr and Cali-delete...