3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (6.7L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 6.7L ONLY!

Need EFI Live HELP! Getting poor customer service

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2014, 09:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Need EFI Live HELP! Getting poor customer service

Bought an auto cal with two tunes for my deleted 6.7. I received no instructions other than some misspelled texts on how to download/load tunes. After an hour of failing to load, Finally got a phone call that got one tune loaded to the truck. Runs OK, but overhead still says see dealer/service required or something. Finally after more than a week of calls/txts, I finally get the other tune. Loaded it on to my computer, but can't switch tunes or anything all I get are error messages. This IS what $500 gets me?
Think I should have spent more and got the Race ME.
My question is:

How do I switch from my 60hp tune to the 100?

Can I do it with just the AutoCal? or do I have to connect my laptop too when Im in the truck?

Thanks
Old 04-17-2014, 02:16 PM

Who did you get the EFILive through? I got mine from Phil at Anarchy Diesel and the customer service was outstanding. Also came with four tunes for that price. When you scroll the tuner down to "full", does the autocal show both of the tunes?
Old 04-21-2014, 10:16 PM

it shows 2 tunes. Still have error msg,
Not sure If you mean " full Flash"? I don't have that option on my autocal. or I just cant get to it because of the error messages.
Looked on EFIlife website and others. all the instructions seem to skip steps or are vague. Im ususally not this dumb when it comes to computer stuff, but this is confusing.
Old 04-24-2014, 06:39 AM
There is no G. There is no G. Repeat after me, THERE IS NO G!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Who did you purchase from?

With tunes on an autocal you should be able to plug into the obd port, key on, then load your full programs.

What is your error message?
Old 04-24-2014, 06:29 PM
MTC

That is exactly why I also went with Anarchy Diesel...awesome customer service. Everytime I had a question, they would answer within 10 mins...
Old 06-02-2014, 12:10 PM

Did you ever get this issue resolved?
Old 07-19-2014, 10:59 PM

NO. and auto cal still doesn't work. I have to use my laptop.
and I am now getting the "See Dealer" Chime a lot. plus the tunes aren't that great. my 03 5.9 with smarty JR would run circles around this thing.
Old 08-13-2014, 06:10 PM

Who is the autocal from? Time to find someone else who knows what they are doing.
Old 08-16-2014, 06:18 AM

Are you trying to load the tunes that begin with the word Full? The tunes that begin with anything else; Program, etc won't load. I also have the "Service Required. See dealer now." message and I can't get rid of it. The more aggressive tune I put in the more often it will chime and show the message.
Old 01-21-2015, 09:04 PM

I got the autocal and tunes from Justin Novak of Blue Demon Diesel. He is in the Colorado Springs area. A year later and im still having issues. Answers his phone about 1 out of 5 calls. He keeps blaming EFI Live and says he is waiting for a reply from them.
TO ANYONE out there: DO NOT BUY FROM Blue Demon or Justin novak he is a crook, he sold me something that doesn't work as advertised. Each time I get a hold of him he pretends he has some "emergency" or "bad cell service" and cant talk. He works out of his house and has no real shop. I wasted $500, hope this prevents someone from doing the same. I'm Going to dump this stuff in the trash and get a smarty. I hope this gets his attention. Admins, yes im mad, but not saying anything untruthful. Anyone is free to message me about this.
Thanks
Old 01-22-2015, 04:07 PM

Received 39 Likes on 31 Posts
I wonder if he's an authorized dealer and if you paid full price?
Old 01-25-2015, 08:37 PM

$500 for auto cal and 2 tunes. and ZERO customer support.
Old 01-29-2015, 04:10 PM

First off you can just read the how to install pdf that comes with efi live computer program , but if you got one installed then that works the same for the second. That overhead warning DPF full see dealer for service is common for some /a lot of people, efi live just did a work around to solve it , but if you purchased your files then they are most liked locked so that work around wont help you a bit. You cant switch files , you have to reinstall each file just like you did with the first one. If you want the cures all then you will have to get the csp switch and get your tunes put in a csp format, and reinstall them with the switch which will let you switch on the fly, the guy you bought your first 2 tunes from can edit your first two files to get rid of your overhead chimes when you do the work around as long as you have a supported op system , my advice is to contact the guy you got the first tunes from , and get him to rewrite them into a csp format, even add tunes , you can have five in total, he will probably give you a good deal , as its not a lot more work and get it done right the first time, or just ditch and start all over again , but your end result if you want to get rid of the chimes is to get the csp switch ,load it with your tunes ,and do it for the last time. if you go into the efi live web site and get into the forums , you will read about your problems and whats necessary to fix them permanently. you cant fix nothing with your tunes if they are locked right now, so just go read up on what you have to do to make it right, you aren't the only one that is having problems with the chimes, but usually your tune provider is helping everyone work it out
Old 04-05-2015, 03:50 PM

cl733
Thanks for the reply. its not just the chimes that are my problem, My auto cal wont work, and I have to install tunes by dragging my lap top out the truck. The Efi dealer, claims to have fixed all the problems with this new tune he sent me, only problem is I cant down load it to truck, keep getting error messages when downloading. Ive read and re-read all the how to info on the web. Have installed and re-installed the latest version of EFI live and still not working. I did get ahold of him and he admitted that there may be a problem and he is working on it and will give me a CSP5 switch free of charge for all my trouble. Well, that was over a month ago and his "Business" number is no longer in service. and his cell phone goes straight to voicemail. DIRTBAG!!!
Guess it will teach me to cut corners by trying to save a few bucks.
Old 04-05-2015, 04:56 PM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Time for a trip to Colorado Springs

Quick Reply: Need EFI Live HELP! Getting poor customer service