3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (6.7L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 6.7L ONLY!

H&S Be careful when sending unit in for Warranty

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2013, 05:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
H&S Be careful when sending unit in for Warranty

Learning the hard way. Sent my XRT pro into H&S due to the cable powering the unit on and off. Problem is that before I sent my programmer in I contacted them and told them I was running a deleted truck with a delete program on their unit and they said no problem. Just got my unit back and what do you know they replaced the whole unit with a brand new one. Spoke with H&S and they refuse to send out my original unit and of course I cant get the code from them. Having to pay again to have it programmed. What a crappy day......
Old 08-23-2013, 06:12 PM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
This should bear warning for anyone returning ANY delete capable programmer regardless of manufacturer.....I understand H&S's side of this because I know how sneaky the Gov't can be.

As a Licensed gunsmith I get several calls a year from "ATF Agents" pretending to be good old boys just wanting a little help doing something a tad illegal on their firearms, I don't EVER so it keeps me out of trouble.

The same can be applied to the EPA who is just chomping at the bit to trip one of these fellows up......Purchase a delete capable tuner off someone on fleabay and then send it in for repair work....the company returns the unit "delete capable" and BAM! they got them......

Sorry you got caught up in the mess....