3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (6.7L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 6.7L ONLY!

Auto On Exhaust Brake Mod

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2009, 07:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Teke0611
You could also run a toggle switch inline on the power feed from the lighter socket to disable the auto-on feature. When it's crappy weather, that could save you the time of pulling the dash face off and unplugging wires/relay. Then when it's nice again, you could flip the switch and have the EB turn itself auto on again.

Nice write-up, BTW. Thanks!
Not sure why you would want to do this? All you have to do is hit the button and turn the EB off. ***************THIS MOD STILL ALLOWS THE EB BUTTON TO WORK JUST LIKE BEFORE, ONLY IT STARTS IN THE ON POSITION INSTEAD OF THE OFF POSITION****************************
Old 11-09-2009, 02:55 AM

Great write up, will be doing this soon.

What I am wondering is if anyone has tried this trick on the Tow/Haul or the Cruise on buttons.
80 - 90% of my driving is pulling my toyhauler with my car hooked behind the toyhauler. I always run with the EB, T/H and Cruise on, would be nice to have them all come on automatically.
Old 11-09-2009, 09:13 AM

If anyone with an auto is interested in moving their EB switch, this switch bracket is available from Pac Brake.Sometimes I like to turn it off as it is too much brake.It would go good with the gear selector switch right beside it.
Attached Images   
Old 11-09-2009, 02:31 PM
"California Style"

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by krmn59
Great write up, will be doing this soon.

What I am wondering is if anyone has tried this trick on the Tow/Haul or the Cruise on buttons.
80 - 90% of my driving is pulling my toyhauler with my car hooked behind the toyhauler. I always run with the EB, T/H and Cruise on, would be nice to have them all come on automatically.
Yes, the TH and EB would be nice to set on as default and then turn off it needed. The cruise is not problem as it is right there on the wheel... This EB switch mod is on my list too.

Maybe I will figure out how to double tow someday as well. I drive mine the same way/amount as you. Would like to see your towing set-up.
Old 01-17-2010, 05:06 PM

87a is the pin in the middle of the relay ... right ? Not the one on the very top ... correct ?
Old 01-17-2010, 05:40 PM

Originally Posted by mikegronholz
87a is the pin in the middle of the relay ... right ? Not the one on the very top ... correct ?
You are correct!
Old 01-18-2010, 01:44 AM

Use my EB often but I want to still be able to coast. How about setting it up to come on automatically if u tap the brake pedal?
Old 01-18-2010, 07:57 AM

Originally Posted by R1Bill
Use my EB often but I want to still be able to coast. How about setting it up to come on automatically if u tap the brake pedal?
The mod only changes that it comes on automatically. If you want to coast, reach over and turn it off.
Old 01-18-2010, 08:59 AM

That was clear but I still would be hitting the button all the time.
A better mod, for me at least would be for it to come on automatically
when I touch the brake pedal. Then I only need to switch it off.
Half as many button pushes that way.
Old 01-18-2010, 03:34 PM

Works like a champ ... AWESOME mod !!!
Old 09-08-2010, 06:43 PM

Thought I'd put this at the top. Great mod for you 6.7 guys! Maybe someday it will be added as a tech article.
Old 09-08-2010, 07:05 PM
"California Style"

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
That would be great. One of these days, I'm going to find to the time to do this. Until then my OCD helps me hit the EB and TH every time I drive.
Old 09-09-2010, 05:59 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thank you for the great write up, this will definitely go on my mods list.
Old 09-09-2010, 08:24 AM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Wink

I am doing it to my truck because I am also getting a remote starter on the truck. When this BOMB is done, the engine will warm up faster since the brake engages when I start it. I was not putting a remote start on the truck until someone came up with a way to have the brake come on at start up. I am not too phat yet so I can lean over [might not be able to breathe though] and turn it off when I feel the road is too icy...which happens lots. Thanks for the effort!

Now I can stay Phat and warm without having to walk the extra 12 feet to the truck to start it up and turn the brake on when its -40.

Hopefully this BOMB will not make me gain weight.

Old 10-27-2010, 10:24 PM

Thank you

I just did this mod and it works great. The relay I got fit perfect into the blank spot next to the EB switch. I used two side tape to make sure it doesn't flop around. Thanks again for the write up.

Quick Reply: Auto On Exhaust Brake Mod