3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

Xillarader is Visible!

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2007, 02:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Totallyrad
As I understand it, when you install a performance enhanser that sits between the computer and it's sensors, it's invisable to the computer. One small item that most folks forget is that even if you pull the wiring harness, you still had to unplug it from it's sensors and reinstall the factory plug back into the sensor. When you do that right before you take it in, it's easily seen.
I agree, that would stand out ,but it only takes a few minutes with a cleaning cloth to give the engine area a wipe down.
I think then it would not be so obvious. Just one more incentive to keep your engine compartment clean.
Old 09-15-2007, 02:16 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by qzilla
What you guys don't understand is that we have these same tools that pull these same parameters so we can see what DC sees!

There is a law that was passed so that most of the stuff on the vehicle cannot be 100% proprietary so that small shops can also work on them and the dealerships do not have a monopoly.

Dealerships want to scare everyone and there is nothing to be scared of. If you think your dealer is going to be a pain then switch dealers. I don't care if you never touch your truck these are the same dealers that will claim abuse, lack of maintenance or any other thing that is stated in your LIMITED WARRANTY you got with your truck.

They can void a warranty anytime if they want and want to fight it.

If it ever gets ugly, especially with our products installed simply ask for it in writing and then get in touch with me and I will do what I can to help you.

Most places do not like to put "blame" in writing unless they can physically hold the cause in their hands! Everything else is speculation. Not many lawsuits are won based on speculation.
All they have to do is refuse to work on it under warranty. Does anyone here have the money to hire a lawyer that is willing to take on DC and its lawyers. I've been through all this with a dealer that is actually very mod friendly. They are one of the largest Dodge dealers in the country and I believe the largest classified as a performance dealer.

And Quad, they can see things no one else can. I have dealt with the shop manager - bypassing the service manager - there many times with several vehicles and working with him on warranty work such as them working on a Durango with a supercharger. Even he doesn't have access to everything that DC can read off the trucks. At a point he was working on a buddies truck that was highly modded and doing warranty work. They finally questioned him. They ended up using a computer software program that he didn't even know existed and told him exactly the kinds of mods that were on the truck - not what brand of course, but they knew exactly the types of mods that had been done. He said he was absolutely floored at what they did and could find out. He has been the shop foreman/head mechanic/whatever his title is for like 12years.
Old 09-15-2007, 02:22 PM
madhat's monkey boy...

Originally Posted by tennman
I agree, that would stand out ,but it only takes a few minutes with a cleaning cloth to give the engine area a wipe down.
I think then it would not be so obvious. Just one more incentive to keep your engine compartment clean.
I think I would like to have a service writer tell me my warranty was void because some dirt was not on a connector or there was fresh finger prints on the dirt around the sensors. I think those kinds of people watch too much CSI and think they are all detectives. It is MY truck. I already paid D/C for it, they do not own it. If I want to unplug my sensors to check for corrosion or make sure they are securely latched before I take it to the dealer and have it sit there for a week until they look at it, that is within my rights.
Old 09-15-2007, 02:37 PM

Originally Posted by omaharam
All they have to do is refuse to work on it under warranty. Does anyone here have the money to hire a lawyer that is willing to take on DC and its lawyers. I've been through all this with a dealer that is actually very mod friendly. They are one of the largest Dodge dealers in the country and I believe the largest classified as a performance dealer.

And Quad, they can see things no one else can. I have dealt with the shop manager - bypassing the service manager - there many times with several vehicles and working with him on warranty work such as them working on a Durango with a supercharger. Even he doesn't have access to everything that DC can read off the trucks. At a point he was working on a buddies truck that was highly modded and doing warranty work. They finally questioned him. They ended up using a computer software program that he didn't even know existed and told him exactly the kinds of mods that were on the truck - not what brand of course, but they knew exactly the types of mods that had been done. He said he was absolutely floored at what they did and could find out. He has been the shop foreman/head mechanic/whatever his title is for like 12years.
that is pretty odd.

I have a buddy I hunt with that own a very large Dodge dealership. I have personally sat and talked to an awful lot of engineers nd techs from both DC and Cummins.

To my knowledge there is no special "gocha software".

Now, maybe if you go far enough and the start line up right maybe they can have an educated guess. With something that has 3 simple connections, well nothing is going to look funny.

I can PROMISE you that even at 45psi if you run a boost fooler....no ONE will EVER know! There are just some things you can flat out hide!
Old 09-15-2007, 04:45 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by qzilla
that is pretty odd.

I have a buddy I hunt with that own a very large Dodge dealership. I have personally sat and talked to an awful lot of engineers nd techs from both DC and Cummins.

To my knowledge there is no special "gocha software".

Now, maybe if you go far enough and the start line up right maybe they can have an educated guess. With something that has 3 simple connections, well nothing is going to look funny.

I can PROMISE you that even at 45psi if you run a boost fooler....no ONE will EVER know! There are just some things you can flat out hide!
And maybe he was lying to me. I thought I could trust him since he's helped me out before. I guess I was stating the info as fact, when it's just what I was told.

But either way, if they refuse to work on your truck - like they did mine, their is really nothing that can be done.
Old 09-15-2007, 05:03 PM
Banned

It still comes down to the fact that if you play you pay!!

Heck I had my engine coolant temperature sensor go out limped the 1/2 mile to the dealer... I went out with the service rep which knows me by name and my number on the caller ID!! I told him what was up and I had allready changed the thermostat and no luck so the only other option was the sensor because the fan wasn't kicking on and it was running at 238 degrees... But anyways we popped the hood and my mp-8 was right there onthe fuse box and of course the Twins but he was looking at he sensor and checking the fan because it wouldn't kick on then he looked up and and saw all the piping and forgot about the sensor walked over and looked ans said "WOW!@!" Then everyone was out there looking at the truck... I asked well I aint got a shot at warranty work so call me when you have it fixed... and he said " you know what that part has nothing to do with your chips or turbos" so shouldn't be a problem... Called me the next day and the topped off the fluids and it was $40... and they apologized because they didn't have time to wash and was it!!!
Old 09-15-2007, 06:20 PM

Yep, running on extrned warranty, I currently have 56k on the clock and she is only 11 mths old.
I was gratefull to only have to pay the 100.
I agree he was shooting from the hip, but I did show him the Commander and said there was no Box on the truck, I was not lying, and he was quite impressed with the guages.
Old 09-15-2007, 09:54 PM

Originally Posted by rodsram
Yep, running on extrned warranty, I currently have 56k on the clock and she is only 11 mths old.
I was gratefull to only have to pay the 100.
I agree he was shooting from the hip, but I did show him the Commander and said there was no Box on the truck, I was not lying, and he was quite impressed with the guages.

I agree rodsram, you got off easy at $100 for the rebuild.

I will be down your way for the Harley ralley next month.
Old 09-15-2007, 10:45 PM

My cousin is a General Manager of a Dodge dealership in south Texas, and he told me to use a chip instead of a programmer because they cannot be detected. He also sells chips and other performance accessories through the dealership.
Old 09-16-2007, 12:57 PM

tennman,
look me up when you get into town, its always good to meet someone with the same interests.
Send me a P.M. with e-mail and I will give you my phone number.
If you go to the Rat Hole, my office is right next door.

I always enjoy the bike weeks, wifey and I saving like mad to get the two wheels we really want.
Talk soon.
Old 09-16-2007, 05:10 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by rodsram
To any of you that have or are contemplating buying the Xillarader Rce, this module is visible to the dealer!
I removed the complete system harness and module before going in to the dealership yesterday, for a tranny TSB, (hunting between 1st and 2nd).
When I collected the truck the Service advisor told me to be "carefull" as I had a programmer on the truck that could void my warranty.I do not know how this was detected, I just paid my $100.00 deductible for a complete tranny service and new valve?......

So Beware it seems they can see it!!!!!
BTW, Kudo's to Addy 's Harbour Dodge of Myrtle Beach.
'Haven't let me down yet.
your dealer is guessing. you do not have a programmer, you have a module. 2 completely different components that do completely different things to boost power. modules only leave tattle tales if the tech is smart enough to run a full scan of the peramenters and does a snapshot of when any codes were set. they may then see high railpressure or higher than stock boost levels. but him saying you have a programmer on there, shows that he doesnt know what was going on and was guessing trying to get you to admit something
Old 09-16-2007, 07:10 PM
Banned

Doesn't matter if he called it a programmer or module or box. We all use language that sometimes is not correct.

Well I know for a fact on a 06 and newer truck they can detect a performance enhancer. My son (could be) works for a dodge dealership and has showed me how they determine if your truck has been modified or not. I'am not going to go into detail how they do it as I don't have the exact terms and where-abouts to do it.

He said it's pretty much out of the dealerships hands from now on since if it's a expensive part that needs replacing the dealership has to download tons of information from your truck and send it into DC. If the dealership is caught by DC at doing warranty work when it shouldn't have been turned in for warranty work the dealership can be fined and the tech can loose his job.

Take this for what it's worth and debate it or beleave it. I don't think my own son would lie to me. We are both in the performance game. We both Love modifing, racing, and driving our rides.
Old 09-16-2007, 07:17 PM

What is the TSB for the tranny hunting you have performed?
Old 09-16-2007, 11:23 PM

Originally Posted by bluebull
Doesn't matter if he called it a programmer or module or box. We all use language that sometimes is not correct.

Well I know for a fact on a 06 and newer truck they can detect a performance enhancer. My son (could be) works for a dodge dealership and has showed me how they determine if your truck has been modified or not. I'am not going to go into detail how they do it as I don't have the exact terms and where-abouts to do it.

He said it's pretty much out of the dealerships hands from now on since if it's a expensive part that needs replacing the dealership has to download tons of information from your truck and send it into DC. If the dealership is caught by DC at doing warranty work when it shouldn't have been turned in for warranty work the dealership can be fined and the tech can loose his job.

Take this for what it's worth and debate it or beleave it. I don't think my own son would lie to me. We are both in the performance game. We both Love modifing, racing, and driving our rides.
I was told the exact same thing when I picked up my new 6.7 yesterday. My diesel tech, great guy by the way, is a performance junkie. He said I will overlook just about anything, but DC sees the same thing he does when he hooks up the computer.
06 and newer is not a good idea for a module/programmer, at least not yet. He said he would call me as soon as some of his performance gurus figured it out, but right now stay stock. He said a cold air intake would be ok, but he wouldn't go much more than that just yet.
The owner of the dealership even told me "if you want warranty, don't do anything to the exhaust, no module/programmer, ULSD, and LOW ASH oil"
He said it was out of his hands now. He had to tell his old highschool buddy he had no warranty last week. Neither one seemed too happy. Of course, they said its your truck! You can put anything you want on your truck, but be aware our hands are tied, at least for now. Will update when I hear more. As I said, this is what I was told by my tech and owner, not fact, but what I've got to live with for now. These guys have been great and are willing to bend over backwards so I won't be biting the hand that feeds me just yet.
Old 09-16-2007, 11:57 PM
DTR's 'Go to Guy'

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
O.K. all of you that "have a buddy", and "have a cousin" and so on and so on, need to get the info straight up. I was a shop foreman at a middle sized Dodge dealer for 6 years. I dealt mostly with the diesels and also most of the electrical problems and driveablilty. There is no special program that Dodge has, or any one else for that matter, to prove you have had a "box" on the truck. Programmer? YES! Box? NO! I have dealt with tier 3 engineers at Chrysler on certain troubles and asked them specifically. One I trusted with my life, and I STILL have his personal cell # ! You can believe what you want, but this info is first hand. Not from a buddy, or cousin, but ME! Take it for what it is worth. I have a DRBIII and have looked at parameters both with and without my Quad box on the truck, and just as quad claims, they "hide" or "fool" the things that Dodge would be looking for. Nothing left in memory, because nothing was ever there to begin with! Anyway, I am still a firm believer that if you play you pay, but they have to prove it first!

Quick Reply: Xillarader is Visible!