3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

Will edge juice attitude give u 180 HP?

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2008, 04:54 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This is kind of a hi jack sorry but I'm buying a 04.5 it has juice with attitude.

I printed the manual and it said don't go over setting #3 on a stock truck. Are you guys saying it's ok to go to level 5 or am I missing something?
Old 01-09-2008, 06:41 AM
Administrator/Jarhead

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
Let's see if I can help this out a little, I have the same truck that's in question...

With a walbro 392 LP, air and exhaust mods, hot edge with attitude, I put down 435 and 808. https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/...d.php?t=174832

With the MP8, just on fuel, I put down 435/837. Not on the same day/dyno, but it gives a small idea...
https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/...51&postcount=6 https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/...54&postcount=7
https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/...62&postcount=8

As for what the truck can handle... you are taking your truck in your own hands when you put any more than the stock power to it. Am I saying it is going to blow up as soon as you plug something in? No, but it could. Play and pay...

I have had my hot juice on for a little more than a year, and the mp-8 on for 3 months. I drive around in 3 with the MP-8 on 1/2 way, and I have done a quite a few burnouts, boosted launches, and red light runs on lvl 5 with the MP-8 maxed out. My truck drives good daily, but when I am cruising at 50 or so, and stand on it a little, the TC slips like you would not believe. The stock tranny was not designed to hold this.

Fuel... You need supporting mods before you start adding lots of power, I would say more than 50/100 (hp/tq) I'm not saying that you can't add more than that, but that is what I say the safe cut off is in my book.

Supporting mods are: Fuel upgrades, walbro/fass/airdog ect, air box/filter mods, exhaust mods, and most important (to me) GUAGES!!!!! You need to know what your mods are doing to your truck. I do not think that one 1500* egt run is going to blow your truck up, but if you do not have gauges to tell you what is doing, you do not know how many times you have ran a 1500* egt run.

The biggest thing with a power adder to me is not being stupid. You can have a lot of power, just use it moderately. Don't expect a stock tranny to take a hot juice on 5 for 100 runs, but it might make it for 50.

Hope this helps. Any more info I can give, I will be glad to. Please ask away.

Mad
Old 01-09-2008, 08:26 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by UnrealTrendz_OR
what are you talking about past 2? i drive daily on 5 like a loco motive and my clutch slipage is slim on percentage.
Your 6 spd will take more abuse than his 48RE auto will. But at those settings you are still be harder on the clutch than the slip % on the Edge box is showing. You will get more power to the ground if you change out the stock clutch to an aftermarket one designed to hold more power.

Originally Posted by n2moto
This is kind of a hi jack sorry but I'm buying a 04.5 it has juice with attitude.

I printed the manual and it said don't go over setting #3 on a stock truck. Are you guys saying it's ok to go to level 5 or am I missing something?
Depends....6 spd manual or auto? If you fill out your signature with your truck info you can get more detailed help.
Old 01-09-2008, 08:48 AM

I'm glad someone finally mentioned GUAGES........ And while looking for that magic 500hp number there is another number you should be watching... YOUR EXHAUST TEMP!!!!

I don't have and never had an Edge product and that's not to say they are bad, but what I have tried when I had a stock turbo, my EGT's always got toasty. To the point of having to get off the throttle.
I wish more new guys would understand you can't just add this box, twist this ****, and BANG.... 500 easy horsepower.... You need supporting mods. Larger turbos, stronger trannys or clutches. These aren't things that you might need, they are pretty much required when you want to make that kind of power, consistently AND SAFELY.
But hey, a new Cummins ISB only runs around $10,000 or so... it's your dime...
Old 01-09-2008, 08:54 AM

Originally Posted by desertchecker
skynyrd if your #s were on a stock turbo with only juice hot / ez thats bad ***

congrats man thats great !! I have heard the power on juice ez stack is really linear & smooth.

my tst is mellow soft on the bottom them bam it spikes violent hit & pulls hard on top end.

I would like to try a ez/juice hot someday to see how smooth it runs on my truck.
yeah those numbers were with the stock turbo stock sticks and stock cp3
but i'm not running a smarty/TST stack talk about power just need a bigger turbo now
Old 01-09-2008, 08:54 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Any body who wants any sort of power should know how important gauges are. I always recommend them first to anybody with a diesel.
Old 01-09-2008, 08:58 AM

Originally Posted by BlackSunShyne
Your 6 spd will take more abuse than his 48RE auto will. But at those settings you are still be harder on the clutch than the slip % on the Edge box is showing. You will get more power to the ground if you change out the stock clutch to an aftermarket one designed to hold more power.

Depends....6 spd manual or auto? If you fill out your signature with your truck info you can get more detailed help.
thanks black i was going to say something about that this morning. i have a fully billet hts tranny so i have no worries but the stock TC won't handle as much as the stock clutch.
stock auto +100 HP= dead TC
stock clutch + 125-150hp=slipping clutch
(just rough estimates guys)
Old 01-09-2008, 05:09 PM

Madhat,... did I hear tranny slippage?????

Sounds like you're about ready for that tranny sarge!
Old 01-09-2008, 05:41 PM

could a person buy a frame mounted lift pump similar in size to the one dodge uses in our tanks/ filter pad to aid the already in tank lift pump? A guy would save $600 in doing so
Old 01-09-2008, 09:55 PM

Originally Posted by trik396
I'm glad someone finally mentioned GUAGES........
Well since his original question included the use of the Juice w/ Attitude, he does not need gauges.
Old 01-09-2008, 09:58 PM

Originally Posted by trik396

I don't have and never had an Edge product and that's not to say they are bad, but what I have tried when I had a stock turbo, my EGT's always got toasty. To the point of having to get off the throttle.
I wish more new guys would understand you can't just add this box, twist this ****, and BANG.... 500 easy horsepower.... You need supporting mods. Larger turbos, stronger trannys or clutches. These aren't things that you might need, they are pretty much required when you want to make that kind of power, consistently AND SAFELY.
But hey, a new Cummins ISB only runs around $10,000 or so... it's your dime...
I don't know that a stock turbo will safely support 500hp ( and for sure not on a 555 motor ) but the 600 series turbo will support a Hot Juice with safe egts.
Old 01-09-2008, 11:13 PM

Originally Posted by omaharam
Well since his original question included the use of the Juice w/ Attitude, he does not need gauges.

And I've heard a few times that Attitude guage may not be as accurate as your Autometer, Dipricol, etc....
Old 01-09-2008, 11:25 PM
madhat's monkey boy...

The only gauge that I have found that lies is the boost pressure over 35 psi. Up to 35 it is dead accurate with my Isspro. I just wish the attitude did rail pressure, I dont like the Recon. It works great but doesnt really look as good as the rest of the other stuff.
Old 01-10-2008, 05:10 AM

Isspro fuel gauge

Originally Posted by matego
The only gauge that I have found that lies is the boost pressure over 35 psi. Up to 35 it is dead accurate with my Isspro. I just wish the attitude did rail pressure, I dont like the Recon. It works great but doesnt really look as good as the rest of the other stuff.
My Isspro fuel gauge is not worth the powder it would take to blow it to h..l!!! And when I talked to Isspro, as well as my dealer who installed it they would do nothing. Needless to say,.. it is the last Isspro product that will go on my truck. Junk!!
Old 01-10-2008, 05:12 AM

AUTOMETER...... nuff said...

Quick Reply: Will edge juice attitude give u 180 HP?