3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Why does everyone want smoke?

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2006, 08:29 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
LOL yeah I know most kitties run away from home sooner or later. I accidentally had my Juice on "5" and the low boost fueling on "5" one time (which I swore I would never do when I got the darn thing, even by accident) and took off at a light while flooring it, and I thought the back of my truck was on fire. I figured that it could not be a good thing, since I could'nt see any farther than the tailgate! Oh well, at least I good some new good sayings for people that ask about the smoke! "Cause If it aint smokin' it must be broken" heh heh
Old 10-13-2006, 08:33 AM

Originally Posted by texasredrider
Smoke is really unburnt fuel, right? Smoke plugs up cat converters, right? Seems to me that smoke is bad in a diesel engine and is a sign of ineffeciency. If this is true, then why does everybody want their truck to smoke? I dont want to plug my cat up, and I dont want my new $40k truck to look like a gasser that needs new rings, but I kinda feel like I am missing something here. Is the smoke just a natural byproduct of more power and people equate more smoke to more power? So the more smoke, the more power? Thats all I can figure. Someone please set me straight.
check this out
Click here to see Video
Old 10-13-2006, 09:09 AM

My buddy Chris at the track last night at a great sticker on the right rear bumper... "SOOT HAPPENS" I LOVED IT!!!
Old 10-13-2006, 09:09 AM

Smoke is fun, IMO, but only when it's on demand. I had a laggy turbo with various stacked boxes and downloaders looking for fast spooling. I (and especially my girlfriend) were smoking people out all over the place.

Now I have a smaller turbo with the same other mods, and it only smokes if I really try to. Usually I save it for those darn bicyclists that won't share the road. I really like having a passenger side exhaust exit on a lifted truck. Works perfect for mosquito abatement, smoking out the occasional ricer and the occasional cyclist with a "I own the road, cager!" attitude.
Old 10-13-2006, 09:18 AM

Well said...JCLeary!...DITTO!
Old 10-13-2006, 10:16 AM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by texasredrider
I dont want my new $40k truck to look like a gasser that needs new rings
trust me, if you are dumping smoke outta your truck, NO ONE in there right mined will EVER confuse your truck with a gasser
Old 10-13-2006, 10:42 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I agree that smoke is a waste of power... and I don't really like it much at all. But I'm stuck with it on certain occasions... And on certain occasions I get a kick outta smoking some punk sitting next to me... Literally and figuratively..
Dang I hate ricers...
Old 10-13-2006, 10:57 AM

I'm not a hotrodder, but smoke is unburned fuel, which means lost power??? Probablly doesn't give us dieselers a good name, but big deal, if its fun do it. I want a train horn on my truck so I can get the gomers to lose bowel control.
Old 10-13-2006, 11:29 AM

Diesels smoke? I wonder if mine does? If so do I need to take it in for warranty????
Old 10-13-2006, 11:34 AM

My girlfriend had a flat tire at school a few months back... I went to town to change it for her and a few of my friends in school hung around to talk to me. When I was leaving they begged me to roll some smoke out...So I did. One of my old teachers was on the sidewalk and she came running out into the parking lot screaming "kids, that is why our ozone is dying!"
Old 10-13-2006, 11:48 AM

You need one of those tail pipe plugs...
Old 10-13-2006, 11:49 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by 2-Stroke
trust me, if you are dumping smoke outta your truck, NO ONE in there right mined will EVER confuse your truck with a gasser
actually some lady "from michigan" followed me one night and chewed me out for letting a girl drive my truck because the girl was speeding and throwing smoke everywhere. this lady continued about how "where she comes from" they have pollution laws. I quickly shot back "i'm from TEXAS and we have pollution laws too. my truck is a DIESEL." she asked me if my o-rings were burnt out. No lady its a diesel! she never could get it through her head and instructed her husband who was sitting there the whole time to drive off. its clear who wears the pants in that household

i would make a comment about the situation but i won't....i have respect for our northern members
Old 10-13-2006, 01:17 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by 973604x4
actually some lady "from michigan" followed me one night and chewed me out for letting a girl drive my truck because the girl was speeding and throwing smoke everywhere. this lady continued about how "where she comes from" they have pollution laws. I quickly shot back "i'm from TEXAS and we have pollution laws too. my truck is a DIESEL." she asked me if my o-rings were burnt out. No lady its a diesel! she never could get it through her head and instructed her husband who was sitting there the whole time to drive off. its clear who wears the pants in that household

i would make a comment about the situation but i won't....i have respect for our northern members
Ok, there is one example I stand corrected
Old 10-13-2006, 01:48 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hybrids...find a hybrid....smoke em out....and watch the fun, ive yet to do that without a insane reaction.
Old 10-13-2006, 02:29 PM

I was with my buddy in his bombed 12V lifted 4x4 4in pipe 5in tip, well some ricer tries to pull the pass us on the right and cut you off trick . He say's watch this get on it and the pipe was right at the dude's open window can you say "Smoke" Guy had to pull over

Quick Reply: Why does everyone want smoke?