3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Why can't I tell a difference between tow and Crazy Larry?

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2008, 06:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by CTD NUT
That is what I thought too. I emailed BD on what their plans were for the PMT software for us 03-04 guys and got no response. It seems like our trucks are not served well by the PMT.
What I am working on for the 6.7L PMT as far as fully adjustable tuning will eventually work for the 2003-2004 Trucks as well. We most certainly have not forgotten about you guys. We are not offering Crazy Larry to anyone right now because we are trying to get our ducks in a row to ensure we can keep offering race tuning solutions for a long time.

I am sorry to have to keep saying this, mainly because I would like the restraints off more than anyone, but we all just have to be patient and work with what’s out there already……for now.
Old 02-26-2008, 06:55 PM

Originally Posted by Bud Kunz
What I am working on for the 6.7L PMT as far as fully adjustable tuning will eventually work for the 2003-2004 Trucks as well. We most certainly have not forgotten about you guys. We are not offering Crazy Larry to anyone right now because we are trying to get our ducks in a row to ensure we can keep offering race tuning solutions for a long time.

I am sorry to have to keep saying this, mainly because I would like the restraints off more than anyone, but we all just have to be patient and work with what’s out there already……for now.
buddy, is it true that there is something in bd's tuning that doesn't allow it to work with a boost fooler, and would it be the same with quadzilla as well as bd's boost builder?
Old 02-26-2008, 07:06 PM
Muted User

Originally Posted by chipmonk
buddy, is it true that there is something in bd's tuning that doesn't allow it to work with a boost fooler, and would it be the same with quadzilla as well as bd's boost builder?
I don't know why it wouldn't. I used mine for years with a TST (tst was mostly off but acting as a boost fooler) without problems.
Old 02-26-2008, 07:23 PM

Originally Posted by Jfaulkner
I don't know why it wouldn't. I used mine for years with a TST (tst was mostly off but acting as a boost fooler) without problems.
earlier in this thread, some people said they were having problems with their bdtd's, when using the quad boost fooler.
Old 02-26-2008, 07:25 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I had problems with my triple dog and a quasd race box but at the time I was trying a new program so I could not tell which one was having problems
Old 02-26-2008, 07:27 PM

Bud did you get my PM?
Old 02-26-2008, 08:37 PM

The more Ive started reading the more issues Ive been finding with running the bully dog and the quad fooler. I guess they really dont play nice together. I tried unloading and reloading quite a few times and nothing has changed. Anything else I can try?
Old 02-26-2008, 10:07 PM

If a boost fooler is doing its job and capping MAP readings, the program in the ECM cannot see the boost that the boost tables are expecting. It's not surprising to see that some have issues with this setup. Perhaps it depends on where the boost fooler is capping boost? 18psi, 21psi, 28psi? That would probably affect fueling.

I had similar experiences with stacking a TST and EZ. If the EZ was plugged into the MAP first, the TST would never see over 21 psi and never fully fuel. Swap connections and it was a whole different animal.

I had the opposite result running a MP-8. It has an uber-cool MAP strategy that shows the ecm MORE boost than actually present at low boost to trick the ECM into fueling sooner. Stacked with a TST or Smarty it's plain SICK!

Anyway, my point is that the variable may be in the boost fooler, not the program.
Old 02-28-2008, 01:07 PM

Ok now I am starting to get really fed up. I took off my quad fooler and it seemed to run a little smoother at first. All was well and the next day she started rolling a little more coal like she used to. So I take off my puck and try just Crazy Larry. It felt completly STOCK. No smoke and quite a dog around town. So back goes the puck and its back to normal, more smoke and power than just the puck alone. This lasts for a few hours and by lunch time it was once again only a puff of smoke and a little slower than before. ***????????????

I'm so confused. What could be causing this? I have an airdog so its no fuel issue. Its like the bully dog is constantly in tow safe. If it wasnt worth so much money I would have already tossed this **** out the window on I25.
Old 02-28-2008, 03:33 PM

Do you have a rail pressure gauge? Perhaps your relief valve is shot?
Old 02-28-2008, 07:52 PM

Rail pressure I do not have, but how difficult/cost effective is it to try and replace? I'd never thought of that.
Old 02-28-2008, 08:52 PM

whats the best version, because i have a boost fooler and crazy larry as well. mine hauls *** but its seems to be tempermental as well...
Old 02-29-2008, 12:57 AM

Originally Posted by ghost24
whats the best version, because i have a boost fooler and crazy larry as well. mine hauls *** but its seems to be tempermental as well...
Try adding some pressure, trust me its a whole new world
Old 02-29-2008, 05:44 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by JCLeary
If a boost fooler is doing its job and capping MAP readings, the program in the ECM cannot see the boost that the boost tables are expecting. It's not surprising to see that some have issues with this setup. Perhaps it depends on where the boost fooler is capping boost? 18psi, 21psi, 28psi? That would probably affect fueling.
I think it might be the other way around. The ECM sees you're under heavy load and boost is not maxed out, so it would fuel the same or harder to try and compensate. Who knows...just a guess.
Old 02-29-2008, 07:14 AM

I'm not running either of the Larry programs but I do have a quad boost fooler and am not having any problems using it with my BDTD>

Quick Reply: Why can't I tell a difference between tow and Crazy Larry?