3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Where did you mount your CB radio?

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2004, 08:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Where did you mount your CB radio?

Hello
I am getting ready to mount a CB in my wifes truck and would like to see how you mounted yours. Please post a picture. We have the auto trans and flip down cup holders in her truck, don't really have alot of room on the center hump.
Thank you
See Ya
Chris
Old 07-14-2004, 01:28 AM

Buy one of the COBRA one handers and then mount the box under the cup holder behind the plastic panel. Then buy the extition cable and mount the end in the panel to the right of the radio. All I did was drill the hole and install it there. Now all you see is the plug coming out of the console, I keep the CB in the storage compartment until needed.
Old 07-17-2004, 08:41 AM

MINE IS VELCRO TO THE CENTER OF THE DASH ON TOP
Old 07-17-2004, 09:06 AM

I don't have a picture. I mounted mine by drilling two holes for the bracket in the sun glass/garge door opener console. The useless console pops out & there is a metel bracket that the console mounts to from the roof. I drilled into it & used sheet metal screws to hold the cb bracket. Ran the wires & dual coax down the apillers for dual antenas. If you have a big cb you could tap the holes instead of useing screws. Mine is a small Uniden. I like having it up were I can see it's just like it is in my big rig. Oh by the way I had to discard the rear view mirror, never use the thing anyway. Don't have one in my big rig either.
Old 07-17-2004, 09:23 AM

I don't have any pics, but I have a small Uniden also. I removed the plastic panel below the steering wheel and mounted the CB on the right side of it as high as I could. When I replaced the panel, the CB sits just to the left of my center consol. I can see it pretty well and running the wires was easy. I bump my knee on it every once in a while, but its not too bad.
Old 07-17-2004, 12:39 PM

Originally posted by tankeryanker
I don't have a picture. I mounted mine by drilling two holes for the bracket in the sun glass/garge door opener console. The useless console pops out & there is a metel bracket that the console mounts to from the roof. I drilled into it & used sheet metal screws to hold the cb bracket. Ran the wires & dual coax down the apillers for dual antenas. If you have a big cb you could tap the holes instead of useing screws. Mine is a small Uniden. I like having it up were I can see it's just like it is in my big rig. Oh by the way I had to discard the rear view mirror, never use the thing anyway. Don't have one in my big rig either.
I just don't think that will work with the 3rd gens. The setup in the cab is completely different
Old 07-17-2004, 02:31 PM
Banned

I moutned mine on the kick panel next to the drivers side door. Just got to watch out while climbing in and out or you might hit your knee on it.
Old 07-17-2004, 05:11 PM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Mine is in the center seat storage...the bottom one.
I have an external spkr mounted on the right side of the panel under the center of the dash and I drilled a hole thru the floor of the storage and ran the mike cable/antenna cable and power lead thru there. If I need to switch channels or adjust the radio I just open up the bottom seat storage.
This will have to change if I go to a center sub.
Old 07-17-2004, 10:31 PM

I guess I was looking at his 2001 didn't realize his better halfs was a 3rd gen.
Old 07-18-2004, 05:21 PM

Thanks for all the information.
I still don't know where I am going to mount it.
See Ya
Chris