3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

wheel hop?

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2007, 07:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Luken
I have to disagree with that advice... There are 6 speeds that are faster than 95% of the built auto trucks on this site. Maybe he wants to lay down rubber in a 6 speed cummins, or do burnouts, or donuts, or drifts.... Just because you have a six speed doesn't mean you can't have fun.

BTW, Since your on the subject of a "cheaper fix"... I don't think trading the truck in on an auto would be the "cheapest" fix.
Heard dat. All the way around.

Also Wheel wop happened on my truck stock also and wish I had a set from the get go. It's next on my list of important mods to build. Sorry I'm a stainless kinda guy.

Whats this I hear about a fixed mount binding? I hadnt heard that before. Do you mean on flat ground also? I was planning on doing some welded mounts with heims and a little different style that might apease everyone. Might need to study a bit more????
Old 02-08-2007, 04:56 PM

Originally Posted by Luken
I have to disagree with that advice... There are 6 speeds that are faster than 95% of the built auto trucks on this site. Maybe he wants to lay down rubber in a 6 speed cummins, or do burnouts, or donuts, or drifts.... Just because you have a six speed doesn't mean you can't have fun.

BTW, Since your on the subject of a "cheaper fix"... I don't think trading the truck in on an auto would be the "cheapest" fix.
Ive had both and I know that its much more of a PITA to do thoes things like burnouts and donuts in a manual. Once you get the wheels spinning its really hard to shift into a higher gear and you also have to let off the go pedel between shifts which also stops wheel spin. Dont get me wrong I'm still able to get into 5th gear when there's a fresh inch of snow on the ground but it's a heck of alot easier to get retarded in an auto vs a manual. Maybe if we didnt have huge HD trannys and more like a T56 it would be more fun but we dont. Donuts have always seemed to turn out better in my auto trucks vs my manual trucks. When doing donuts you need wheel speed and the ability to control your wheel speed and its hard to get the tires spinning in the dry by starting out in 3rd gear which is a must since 2nd gear doesnt provide enough speed to keep the donuts spinning right. Auto's are a pice of cake for doing donuts and they stay alot tighter. In an auto all you have to to is power brake it to get the tires spinning and let er rip...that and you can also drive out of you dounts sideways and keep them spinning for 100feet....cant do that as easily or at all with a manual.

So I dont get it.... what "dont you agree with"???? The fact that autos are easier and more fun to thrash or the fact that he needs an auto to have fun???

I sudgested tarding in for an auto because I see alot of threads about manual guys wanting to swap in an auto or just trading it in because they know where happiness lies...in an auto.

I've had fun in both but autos are ALOT more fun then manuals when it comes to certian driving techniques like 150 foot long burnouts all the way through 3rd gear(auto 70mph of wheel speed= a ton of smoke) 5 consecutive donuts and driving out of it sideways down the block with the tires still smoking. I bought my current manual on pourpose, and alot of guys just think that manuals are typically more fun like on sport cars and such but manuals become more of a PITA on these HD diesels especially if you need a stronger clutch..kiss smooth engaugment and speed shifting goodbye because you now have a 3,200lbs+ of pressure to sift it. This isnt a sports car manual and it would be fun as HECK if it was but its not.

Maybe this is on the extreeme side of things but hey its fun to do and Ive got deacent driving skills to do it.

P.S My suggestion for cheapest fit wasnt buying a new truck it was to dump it in 2nd gear and just go easier on it....which is alot cheaper then traction bars
Old 02-08-2007, 05:06 PM

Originally Posted by SlowSixSpeed
Maybe this is on the extreeme side of things but hey its fun to do and Ive got deacent driving skills to do it.

but yet you suck at the stick?