3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

What the heck!!! A Dmax won the Diesel Power Challange East!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2006, 05:23 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
What the heck!!! A Dmax won the Diesel Power Challange East!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

C'mon guys you can't tell me that some of you on here couldn't have taken that thing...

I am the proud owner of a Cummins and hate to see this kind of publicity going to the competition!!!!!!

What can be done to right this wrong in the future…
Old 12-12-2006, 05:26 PM
Muted User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well a dmax won the DP challenge West as well. Was the one that won the East challenge as powerful or more or less?
Old 12-12-2006, 05:55 PM
Banned

Dont worry about it.

The people that compete in thoes events are just normal Joe Schmo's and the pro guys who can crush them are too busy to go to a magaine shoot out and show them how its done.

Come awn there guys that show up to thoes events with around 400hp....

Its like this in alot of motorsports, where the big guys dont bother going to little events and save their $$$ for national events and events that can make them $$$.

Everyone knows cummins rules the world and the best of all classes use a cummins...Drag, Slead Pull, Dyno all Cummins power...

There's alot of reasons that some of us who know you can be competive dont. Maybe its not an all around truck...like it can run 10's all day but cant sleadpull or a 8K lb sleadpuller cant dragrace, or cant get the time off work to drive thousands of miles to go to the event.

That and they all seem to be owned by regular people and not entire companies, or corperations like alot of the big guys are.
Old 12-12-2006, 06:03 PM
wap

Anybody see the ford with basically nothin more than a banks pda?
Old 12-12-2006, 06:05 PM
Banned

Well obviously the cummins isnt really ruling the world?? 400HP, on the diesel power challenge west coast their were trucks over 700. Every day Joe Schmo trucks are like yours, stock. These are no everyday trucks. The reason the top trucks arnt going is they cant compete, the trucks that go to the DP challenge have to compete in everything, not just drag racing, or just sled pulling, or trailer towing, or fuel millage but everything.
Old 12-12-2006, 06:10 PM

I bet its just the magazine being biased in who they pick to compete. I mean seriously, there had to be plenty of Dodges enter that had more than enough power to be competive, they just werent chosen to compete.
Old 12-12-2006, 06:15 PM
Muted User

Lightbulb

Could be the magazine is biased. Maybe they are, maybe they arent. All in all, who really cares? We know we have the best trucks, why do we want to waste time ranting over why the Dmax won?

I'd have to say GM paid DP magazine some $$$ for the Dmax to win. Conspiracy time!
Old 12-12-2006, 06:16 PM

SO this is my point the Dmax is now considered the most well rounded???

When did this happen???

I know many of you guys are throwing down big numbers and also are daily drivers. When need someone to step up to the plate and bring it back to Cummins.

+++ Did you see the main sponser??? HAHA it was BANKS!!!! Of course I think that truck came in last. Have you heard how Banks now claims there objective was never to build really fast trucks? No kidding... I think we all figured that out a long time ago.
Old 12-12-2006, 06:21 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by acook
Every day Joe Schmo trucks are like yours, stock..
Are you saying my truck's stock?

Why do you gotta put me down [mad]

bet my truck looks better then yours...
Old 12-12-2006, 06:27 PM

Originally Posted by LittleDan
Are you saying my truck's stock?

Why do you gotta put me down [mad]

bet my truck looks better then yours...
idk, acook has a pretty nice lookin rig....
Old 12-12-2006, 06:32 PM
DPS

Hey guys,

I think someone has misunderstood just exactly who Mike Tomac is and what he has accomplished in the last 4 years. He has hooked more than 95% of the people on these forums and won many times and placed highly in national events every time. I realize that no one likes to get beat by a chevy, but he has pioneered many things for the diesel motorsport community in both racing and pulling. He keeps a website to educate as well as highlight his success and that of those who have helped him achieve.

www.DuramaxRacing.com

I feel for you cummins guys they are my favorite too, but even the best cummins street pullers have all been beat by mike at national events, so please don't run down a guy just because he surpassed some true daily driven dodges with a full blown competition truck.

Josh
Old 12-12-2006, 06:42 PM

My point is this, that Dmax had way more going on than the Dodges that were there??? A little strange to me? I am just saying I hate to see all this good publicity going to a Dmax... to me it would have been nice to see the Cummins get the glory it deserves...
Old 12-12-2006, 06:46 PM

Lets be fair here. I've been reading the magazine for a while now. I've always felt they were partial to the Dodge. Most major upgrade stories have been made with Dodges as the project car.
It was game day and a couple of the Dodges had engine problems. One blew a head gasket (Number 1 in torque) and was helped by a Ford guy. The other truck blew apart a piece of his turbo. Sometimes you've got to give credit where credit due!.
Enough of that! Do you guys really think that it was fixed?
Old 12-12-2006, 06:56 PM

I don't think it was fixed I just think that they chose (or no one signed up) who was really representing what the Cummins is capable of. just my .02
Old 12-12-2006, 07:03 PM
Banned

D Wiggs is gonna sign up and win the East coast comp next year.

If I can get some twins installed on mine before the sign up deadline, I might go ahead and enter and see what happens.

If you will notice, while the Duramax won, Dodges took the next several places.

And, let's be honest... a V8 diesel is going to rev faster and accelerate quicker than an inline 6, if all other things are equal. No big deal. The CTD is extremely stout and will handle the big power mods better than a weaker V8 design, in the end.

Next year's results should be better.

EDIT: I'll say this, though. If D Wiggs enters and doesn't get selected, then you conspiracy-minded folks can go to town on Diesel Power.

Quick Reply: What the heck!!! A Dmax won the Diesel Power Challange East!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!