3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Volumizer Report

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2004, 07:36 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Volumizer Report

Thought you guys might be interested in a report on my experience with my new 0-60-100 Volumizer.

1. Days of ownership: 33
2. Miles since install: 1647
3. MPG increase: +0.5 (less than expected)
4. 1/4 mile mph gain: +11 (more than expected)
5. Codes set: zero
6. Drivability problems: zero
7. Installation problems: very difficult to get to cam position sensor connector.

After some initial "testing" , I run it on the 60 setting 99.9% of the time. No dramatic kick in the back of the head. Just very smooth increase in power especially noticable in the higher gears. 6th gear pulls very hard from 50 mph on up. Not in the same league as the TST for raw low end torque, but overall I am a very satisfied owner.

The Boss Hog
(just cruzzin . . . . . . . )
Old 02-25-2004, 09:48 AM

If any one else gets one, this info will help. True the cam sensor is difficult to change and thats after you find it. It is above the one for the transmission(I think that was what it was for, any way the bottom one, almost straight up, tucked in a very tight place). There are two releases on the connector. Slide the orange one about 1/4 over, you can use a flat screwdriver. Once that is done there is a little catch in the bottom center, press it in, (pinch together) and pull down. There is a ground wire(cable) that might help id you move it. I havel ong arms, small bones, thin fingers, if you are the opposite, get a buddy to help.

I did get one code, when I took mine off the code cleared. Now it just says done. I miss it, so its going back on this weekend.

Mine is an SO and it really does make a difference. I pulled my 5th wheel with it once, it made a differnece, I did not use the top setting. However, it is most noteable to me when not towing. Without it, it tows, with it , it goes, just flat out goes.
Old 02-25-2004, 10:01 AM

Boss, sounds good. I like the improved performance without any driveability issues and code throwing.

I've got a couple of questions: what were the before and after 1/4 mile times? And can you expound a little more on the difficulties in #7? Now that you installed it, are there any lessons learned to share if you ever decide to do it again?

Thanks

edit: thanks Wolf!
Old 02-25-2004, 10:23 AM

Originally posted by bulabula
I've got a couple of questions: what were the before and after 1/4 mile times? And can you expound a little more on the difficulties in #7? Now that you installed it, are there any lessons learned to share if you ever decide to do it again?

Thanks

Bulabula,
The 1/4 times are not from a "real" dragstrip. I have one of those little G-Force accelerameters that attached to the inside of the windshield and will measure your acceleration. The actual times are pathetic because of my inability to launch this thing but the stock reading did match up very well with the e/t and mph I did get last fall from my one attempt on a real dragstrip. That being said, the stock numbers from the G-Force where 19.2 @ 76.8 mph. In the 100 position it ran 16.84 @ 88.0. You can get a good idea of the increase in rwhp by comparing the mph vs. a 7500 lb truck. It is getting all of its advertised hp .

I think Wolf did a good job of explaining #7. I removed the inner wheel well liner to try and get one arm over the frame and to the connector but I still could not get it. I finally removed the heavy ground strap and just had enough room to reach the clip with a long thin screwdriver.

As far as leasons learned, don't be in a hurry or have a deadline to meet. Just work slowly and you will get it.
Hope this helps.

The Boss Hog
(Doris hid my helmet again . . . . )
Old 02-25-2004, 11:14 AM

i've had my volumizer on my truck for about 10k miles, and run it on the 60hp setting 90% of the time , my mpg stays around 21 with the overhead monitor, the plug for the cam sensor is "fun " to get to
Old 02-27-2004, 03:08 AM

Ran the Volumizer for 8000 miles with no problems or codes.Power was great for the price.I was able to pass people over 60 mph with ease.Now it is back in the box and FOR SALE!The TST is great and a whole lot more power!Now time for a trans and turbo!