3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Updating smarty

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2007, 11:06 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by phloop
Hey Rusty, sounds like that baby 'stroke has been good to ya.
heck yes it has. youlls cummings has nothing on my powerstroke. you know that ford owns it right?

brett

edit: geez...im starting to sound like a troll and dont want to be mistaken for beagle1
Old 06-28-2007, 01:41 AM

[QUOTE=rustyshakelford;1573883]whens the bachelor party? i have a perfect trannie in mind for you

oh man I laughed hard on that one.
I dont think that would be the type he wants. It would have a deep voice and no hard shifting lol
Old 06-28-2007, 07:22 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by TXGREYGHOST
Hey Guys,

I'm not too computer litterate, I've tried a couple of times to update my smarty, even went though previous post. I still can't get it to update, is their near Humble that would help me update it for say a case for beer? If not I'm going to send it to Bob.

Thanks,
Jesse
I'm in the Tomball area if you need help.

MikeyB
Old 06-28-2007, 10:13 AM

Thanks Mikey,

I'm going to try and meet up with Brett this afternoon.
Old 06-28-2007, 03:31 PM

I'm trying to do this on my brothers computer. I have everything unzipped but when I go to download the new version it says not a smarty file. Would love to talk to somebody on the phone about this. Bad thing is I have updated this once it currently has version 3.09. Anybody willing to help
Old 06-28-2007, 03:41 PM

Originally Posted by W.F.O.
I'm trying to do this on my brothers computer. I have everything unzipped but when I go to download the new version it says not a smarty file. Would love to talk to somebody on the phone about this. Bad thing is I have updated this once it currently has version 3.09. Anybody willing to help
justin contact Bob wagner. he will help you. I will pm you a number for him if I can find it.
Old 06-28-2007, 03:46 PM

Originally Posted by jwb600
I had my buddy thats a computer nerd do mine also. you need a cable to connect and somebody who knows computers. the beta is worth the update. it has some top end that pulls nice.
I dont see the beta on there site is it STILL not readily avaliable? hint hint PM?
Old 06-28-2007, 04:11 PM

I got it downloaded. Just took some messing with it.
Old 06-28-2007, 05:19 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Hello , To be able to update your smarty ecm tuner. Please follow these guidelines.

Start by right clicking on your desktop to create a new folder. Rename the new folder smarty.

You will need to download the driver to the smarty folder. Save the driver to the smarty folder http://www.madselectronics.com/downl...DM_2.00.00.zip

You will need the smarty usb.exe This program allows you to update the smarty. Save this to the smart folder http://www.madselectronics.com/downl.../SmartyUSB.exe

The driver and the software programs need to be extracted into the smarty folder using THIS extraction tool. http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/s...2.exe?download

Here are the directions for installing the driver http://www.madselectronics.com/downl...stallation.pdf

Once you have the driver installed you can use the smarty usb.exe program to update the smarty software. Click on the smarty icon. Press run. You will now see a seen button. Before you hit the send button you need to load a program into the smarty usb.exe. Click on file. Open , look in the smarty folder to find the smte file to load into your smarty.

Load the file and press run. It will take about 40 minutes to update your smarty.

Thanks
Bob
Old 06-28-2007, 07:07 PM

I managed to get mine upgraded after fiddling with it all morning. I finally figured it out though, then I stumbled across this thread this afternoon. Wish I would have seen this before. I too would love to try the beta version though. I haven't put the upgrade on the truck yet and noticed how smooth and quiet the truck is stock, although it does lack the power.
Old 06-28-2007, 07:13 PM

BTW, I tend to lurk a lot and don't post much, but I really do appreciate the knowledge and information that is willingly shared on this site. Thanks.
Old 07-01-2007, 09:11 PM
Banned

Ok help!!!! I think I got all of it ready but when I plug in my smarty the computer won't bring up the new hardware found??? How do I do that????

Shane
Old 07-01-2007, 10:54 PM
Banned

i have absoultely no idea shane. drink a bottle of wine and get back to me

brett
Old 07-02-2007, 06:07 PM
wap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Shane if you dont get it call me tomorrow afternoon, I am gonna swap softwares on mine and I can walk you through it... maybe... that is if I can remember how to walk myself through it.
Old 07-02-2007, 09:13 PM

Originally Posted by Luvnacumns
Ok help!!!! I think I got all of it ready but when I plug in my smarty the computer won't bring up the new hardware found??? How do I do that????
Shane
Go to start->control Panel->system->device manager

Look thru the menu's (think it's action-> 'scan for new hardware").....see if it finds smarty....

Quick Reply: Updating smarty