3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

turbo, tranny upgrades,injectors

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2004, 06:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
turbo, tranny upgrades,injectors

Banks 6gun speed loader- Hi-ram, AFE cold air, straight pipe into racing flowmaster -

I am looking, here in the near future, to get a new turbo probably(KSB-1 Bomber) , TST tripple lock, Valuve body, and flex plate.

pusher pump soon to come-

And i really want to get some injectors, but don't really know which brand or hp increase i should get???

Anyone got a suggestion???

Also do you think my future plans listed above have me on the right track?? Any other suggestions for turbo, and tranny parts?? I pull from time to time but usually nothing over 7k. Any suggestions???

Thanks guys, johnathan
Old 10-11-2004, 10:37 AM

KSB1 will be to tight, B1-04 would keep things a little cooler.

I would say wait for Don M's EDM injectors. They will add good power with minamal smoke and help with the EGT issue.

Do you mean ATS? If so they along with DTT, and Suncoast make excellent trannys.
Old 10-11-2004, 02:43 PM

thanks mac- As you can see I have just started putting her together... I want to slow down with the engine parts now and do the tranny the right way- which you think is best to go with?? suncoast,DTT, ATS??? I really have not done too many tranny upgrades, only my first "new" diesel and lovin' it! You think converter and VB upgrade should be first on my list?? As for the injectors I have been readin' treads about Don M's and i agree sounds like they will be worth waitin' for, but i really wanna get tranny up to speed before i slam the power to her... Thanks for the input- Johnathan
Old 10-11-2004, 03:18 PM

I have done some Suncoast installs before and thats what I ran in my auto's. I went with them mainly because of customer service. Any one of the three should be worth the money. Dont forget about the update pieces and if you are really going big HP get the Billet shafts, so that way if you do happen to break the input shaft it will wipe out your TC as well. I think that the stocker should be good to the high 400 range but if you are launching on boost it wont take em long to snap. the sooner you upgrade the tranny the better. Also Get some gauges on your rig ASAP! Then I would say a B1-04 turbo (if your sticking with a single) then the EDM injectors. You should be close to the 500 HP level then, depending on how big you decide to go with the injectors.
Old 10-11-2004, 03:56 PM

Cool i was looking at the suncoast parts last night while i was at work, like you say all look nice and from what you have said and what i have heard the all get the job done! Don't wanna sound stupid but here it comes what exactly you mean by update pieces just the shafts? I plan to work my way up, injectors, and turbo, maybe header, but that is about all i plan to do, what exactly would be "the way to go" with tranny that is, what those upgrades in mind- sorry for the elementery questions but like i said first time tearing into tranny! I want it to be stronger that what i really need it to be of course to avoide any problems and of course the possible HP side of my brain kickin in later and sayin i want more! X-monitor is on the way- I don't even come close to doggin' it and keep in it lower settings for the time being- I have spent most of my time on the interior as of late, I get those types of things (steros amps subs etc.) rather cheep! (I am a wholesaler of audio equiptment) gotta boost some sales to pay for my parts!!! thanks again! johnathan
Old 10-12-2004, 12:01 PM

Call Joe at Suncaost, On the 47RE's there was an update kit they had, Dont know if the 48RE has the same kit. Also inquire about the thrust washer that can possibly reek havok.