3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

TST & SMARTY -- test

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2009, 03:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TST & SMARTY -- test

I've had my set up for a year or more now. I switched to low (#2) smarty level and cranked up the TST. Always before it was the other way around. However, now I see dramatic increase in power. The EGTS are higher, but not extreme (1400*). Different color of smoke, like a lighter color -- still dark but not black.

Smarty is set for:

Rail pressure #2
#4 torque management
injection timing #2

TST is set at torque #3
horsepower #6
no timing
no rail pressure
Program for early twins

It does take off after 12lbs of boost.

With water injection it is fantastic.

Just a test. There is much more power in there.
Old 04-27-2009, 04:38 PM

Yeah, I am still very fond of my 03 Twins program. I was just using it stacked with my EZ after the TNT program acted up again..., but as you said, egt's were warmer.

I have never been able to use any tq settings on my TST, while stacked with Smarty, any combination,(I have an old TST). It acts like the TNT software.
Old 04-27-2009, 08:51 PM

Originally Posted by Moobesor
I've had my set up for a year or more now. I switched to low (#2) smarty level and cranked up the TST. Always before it was the other way around. However, now I see dramatic increase in power. The EGTS are higher, but not extreme (1400*). Different color of smoke, like a lighter color -- still dark but not black.

Smarty is set for:

Rail pressure #2
#4 torque management
injection timing #2

TST is set at torque #3
horsepower #6
no timing
no rail pressure
Program for early twins

It does take off after 12lbs of boost.

With water injection it is fantastic.

Just a test. There is much more power in there.
mine runs well with smarty on 4, and tst on 3/0 or 5/0, timing on 12, rail pressure on 2 or 3, standard twins. i need dual cp3's bad.
Old 04-27-2009, 09:12 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
What worked best for me:

Daily Driving: Smarty on 90 or 100hp (can’t remember which HP level that setting is), timing on #3, rail pressure on 2, TM on 2, and the TST on 3/3. That ran cool and made good power.

Fastest #s at the track: Smarty on 90 or 100hp (can’t remember which HP level that setting is), timing on #3 (lots of rattle), rail pressure on 4 (even more rattle), TM on 3, and the TST on 4/4 with auto timing at 6*. Mid 12's.

For those that don't have the TST with adjustable timing, then I recommend downloading the standard TNT program for Smarty and running the timing on #4 (least amount of timing), then you can use the non-adjustable TST's default timing of 12* auto and have basically the same effect. Run the lowest program on Smarty.