3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

TS performances new Display??

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2006, 08:21 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TS performances new Display??

Anyone seen their new display?? Anyone know the cost of this thing?? I like that it projects on the windshield, but I would have to see if it would be blinding at night...

http://www.tsperformance.com/home.asp

Their doesn't seem to be too much information on it right now, but it look promising if the price is decent....
Old 01-17-2006, 08:49 AM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
That thing sure has a small display for the size of the monitor itself

Makes it look totally out of proportion in my opinion, hopefully that is just a test model.
Old 01-17-2006, 09:17 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I sure don't like where the located it. why no temp option? sure if funny how on an auto truck you really want boos, pyro, trans, fuel. no quads may do this when it comes out but right now nobody offers a all in one monitor. one of my pet peaves with these monitors is they will make one but then the mount they make for it just misses the mark. maybe it is just me but i don't like crap sticky taped on to my dash or a add on pod on my a-pillar.

if ts made a full pillar for that it would be cool. although the heads up display is proably configured to work from that location. so you gain gauges that impare the view of your facotry guages.

I will say functionally the juice lacks fuel presure and trans temp which sucks. from a fit and finish standpoint it blows the others away. in the over the mirror mount it is not an eye sore of any kind.
Old 01-17-2006, 09:22 AM

I think Lary is just jealous he is not selling them...
Old 01-17-2006, 09:31 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by cquestad
I have to say I kind of agree with him. If you have to design the enclosure that large why not pop for a little larger lcd.
Old 01-17-2006, 10:33 AM
Admin Team Leader

Originally Posted by cquestad

I just don't like the looks of the huge boxy design with such a small display, plain and simple.

Edit Having Spoke to Christian about this thread it is apparent I misunderstood his intent. He meant it as a joke and I did not see it that way.

My apology to Christian for the misunderstanding.
Old 01-17-2006, 10:44 AM

The HUD is pretty cool though
Old 01-17-2006, 10:45 AM

Guys, I think the text sizes are ok. I wouldn't place it there. I think the heads up is unique and if racing it has its benefits. I probably won't buy it but it looks like a good product. ks
Old 01-17-2006, 10:59 AM

Wow...I guess I just got a public spanking...

Get a life...then a roll eyes? Give me a break. My post ended with a wink...which means it was a joke. The HUD is cool and I hope many manufacturers take it more seriously. Big screen, small screen, poor mounting posistion or not.

Maybe I should find another forum...
Old 01-17-2006, 11:19 AM
Chapter President

It is supposed to be comparable price wise to Bullydog's monitor
Old 01-17-2006, 12:02 PM
Admin Team Leader

Originally Posted by Dennis Perry
Larry,

BTW if you think that monitor is huge and boxy you better get on the phone with your preferred brand and tell them your concerns.

Dennis
No need to Dennis, I like the looks of the A2 as it is, but I have no need for the GPS that comes with it. Obviously you missed the part of my post where I said "I hoped that was just a test model"

Seems to me that people pointing out things they don't like about your product before it is finalized, would be a blessing to you. I noticed Quad took a lot of the negative responses he got and used them in a positve manner by changing his design.

Some people use information like that to inprove a product, instead of complain about it
Old 01-17-2006, 12:09 PM
Admin Team Leader

Originally Posted by 4x4not
The HUD is pretty cool though
I agree that is a cool design
Old 01-17-2006, 12:16 PM

Originally Posted by Dennis Perry
Larry,

The display itself on the Website is in prototype form. It can be placed where ever you like, the actual case is being made as we speak. There will be no 90 degree angles on it at all. I will have the actual pics up as soon as we receive them in.

The monitor itself has a bigger display area than the Edge Attitude, New Quad Monitor or the Outlook Monitor. This monitor will also allow you to set min. and Max limits of each function. If you exceed one of your preset limits then the Heads up Display will start flashing on your windshield and will be highlighted on the monitor as well.

BTW if you think that monitor is huge and boxy you better get on the phone with your preferred brand and tell them your concerns.

Dennis
It is no where near the size of our new display. Our viewing area is 70mmx40mm.

You may be correct that it is larger than the attitude or outlook. Their screen viewing area is 50mmX25mm.

You can see the difference here:
http://www.quadzillapower.com/produc...itor-1205.html

Hope this helps clear the confusion.

Quick Reply: TS performances new Display??