3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

truck problem what do yall think and question smarty timing

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2008, 08:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
truck problem what do yall think and question smarty timing

First I will start off with I just put a set of 75hp extrude injectors in my truck and I was running the older 4.4 and 4.2 program just fine. Well I was stupid and try the new tnt out in my truck cause alot of people have been liking it and said it smoke alot less and since I got the injector it just got little smokey with them program. Well I notice a timing rattle with just the regular timing so I started backing the timing down on the truck and every timing level I went down it starts making the truck pop and white smoke more. So I even try no timing on the even number with the timing on defult and the truck just pops and white anytime I press the gas so I took the smarty all the way out. So I loaded the defult timing and on the odd numbers and the popping and white smoke is gone. I must have a timing issue.So what do yall think? I thought when you have bigger injectors it add timing so I thought you want less timing on smarty?
Old 12-13-2008, 08:41 PM

In my sig I have the quad xzt but it off right now just have the smarty.
Old 12-14-2008, 07:38 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
That is weird. Too much timing or draining the rail will cause the popping issue. Are you running extra rail pressure?

Just to know the TNT timing 1 is the most and 4 is the least in that order.

MikeyB
Old 12-14-2008, 08:03 AM

tnt 1 ,i dont think thats right..
Old 12-14-2008, 08:16 AM

yup 1 on tnt timing is not the highest. thats the stock setting,0 is the highest timing setting, being a little more timing then stock.2 is after market inj, which im running,3 is for really big injectors, 4 is for NOs.
Old 12-14-2008, 08:39 AM
Always a day late, and a dollar short.

Like MikeyB said, must be higher rail pressure.
Old 12-14-2008, 10:57 AM

no the rail pressure is off and I even try the revo and when I load the even number the white smoke is back with a lot of popping. I put the catcher on level 4 with timing on defult and I can't even rev it up with out it even white smoking and popping. I put it on level 5 and it all gone and runs great. I just don't under stand this. So I tried both of the newest programs the nov 14 2008 and they both do the same thing run real bad on the even numbers and clear up on the odd catcher number and timing on defult.
Old 12-14-2008, 12:47 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
TNT timing
1 stock
2 most advanced
3 less advanced than level 2
4 even less advance than 3 but still more than 1
Default is going to be 2 on odd #'s and 1 on even #'s
Old 12-28-2008, 01:39 PM

did you ever figure out what the problem was?
Old 12-28-2008, 01:52 PM

You have to toss out all of the old ideas of non-timing programs and timing programs with the REVO, TNT, and TNT-R programs.

Old programs, odd has timing and even has no timing.

New programs (REVO, ....), odd and even programs can have timing. The only way to get around this issue is in the settings. If you select default for the timing in the settings screen and then select an even program, you will have no added timing. If you select added timing in the setting screen and then select SW6, you will have added timing.
Old 12-28-2008, 03:49 PM

Go back to beta 4.2 or 4.4....test your injectors...make sure your happy...then you can play with TnT....why switch both the sw and the injectors at the same time...TnT takes quite a while to get to where you want it...especially coming from 4.2/4.4
Old 12-28-2008, 05:18 PM

no have not figure the problem out yet but I should have my rail pressure gauge here in a couple of days. I order the dipricol rail guage so to make sure it not a rail pressure issue. That where I am going to start first if that not the problem I am going to send the injector off and get them tested. It just the weirdest thing with timing the truck runs great and with out timing it pops and white smoke on the same hp level. I know you can have timing on all the level on the smarty but when it set defult it just like the old smarty odd has timing and even does not. I wish I could go back to the 4.2 but the newest tnt has dc update so you can't do it no more. Well at the same time dodge put a new head on the truck so could it be something wrong with it? They had to readjust the valve after I put it up do you think maybe they adjusted the valve wrong again?